Page 69 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Thank you for swift reply and clarification
    Also, any trick for doing SWP Dragon boss?
    As for BT, on ROS use xuen with line of sight trick?

What are your thoughts for WoD, when they change Xuen to 10s duration of 45s as it is now, will soloing change?
    For ROS just use touch of karma on the second head, it'll kill itself pretty much.

And what I came here for: a 540 ww/brm can get through most of uld 25 with ease, right? I'm workin on finishing up the mog set and if I can just solo it instead of putting together a run and reserving shoulders/head that's easier.
    Last edited by Regen; 2014-07-28 at 03:10 PM.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    540 ilvl gear Brm/WW for Uldu 25 with Hardmore ? Yeah, everything is possible pretty easily with a such gear (I would put the requirement at 520+ for the whole instance) EXCEPT Yogg +0 which would require rather 550 than 540 ilvl. Well, 540 should be possible since I did it with 540, but it was before 5.4 + nerfs, so, it could not be enough. Otherwise, if Yogg is neglected, the whole instance is clearly possible with 540 ilvl.

Yeah I don't care about hardmodes at all (except maybe Freya for Dreambinder), I just want the set with no competition. I guess I'll give it a go when I reset next week.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    540 ilvl gear Brm/WW for Uldu 25 with Hardmore ? Yeah, everything is possible pretty easily with a such gear (I would put the requirement at 520+ for the whole instance) EXCEPT Yogg +0 which would require rather 550 than 540 ilvl. Well, 540 should be possible since I did it with 540, but it was before 5.4 + nerfs, so, it could not be enough. Otherwise, if Yogg is neglected, the whole instance is clearly possible with 540 ilvl.
    Iron Council hard mode probably isn't soloable either unless the legendary tank cloak prevents Meltdown (haven't tested, don't have it on my tank alt yet). You have to put out over 400,000 dps on Steelbreaker to beat his hard mode enrage mechanic, and he hits too hard for a Windwalker to survive his attacks.

Damn, that's one I needed to do the hard mode for too haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Iron Council hard mode probably isn't soloable either unless the legendary tank cloak prevents Meltdown (haven't tested, don't have it on my tank alt yet). You have to put out over 400,000 dps on Steelbreaker to beat his hard mode enrage mechanic, and he hits too hard for a Windwalker to survive his attacks.
    Remember you get a massive damage buff from him, it's been a while but I'm pretty sure I did it quite some time ago with some smart cooldown/guard use.

Deleted
    Steelbreaker has 10 000k HP. We consider that the DPS requirement for removing 10M HP in 60 seconds of time is equal to 10 000k/60 = 166k dps sec.
    This calcul is simple, and we simply have 1min for killing him before the debuff fades and instakill us.
    Otherwise, the debuff also increases damage done by 200%. Consequently, the 166k of DPS requirement becomes a 55k.
    I think, 55k, for both WW and BrM, is something that is possible to deal with 540 ilvl. As a comparison, I managed to slain Cho'Gall with 463ilvl BrM spec while doing 58k DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Thank you for swift reply and clarification
    Also, any trick for doing SWP Dragon boss?
    As for BT, on ROS use xuen with line of sight trick?

What are your thoughts for WoD, when they change Xuen to 10s duration of 45s as it is now, will soloing change?
    Wait what? Where did you get that xuen will be 10s duration? I just checked beta notes and nothing to see there

Steelbreaker has 10 000k HP. We consider that the DPS requirement for removing 10M HP in 60 seconds of time is equal to 10 000k/60 = 166k dps sec.
    This calcul is simple, and we simply have 1min for killing him before the debuff fades and instakill us.
    Otherwise, the debuff also increases damage done by 200%. Consequently, the 166k of DPS requirement becomes a 55k.
    I think, 55k, for both WW and BrM, is something that is possible to deal with 540 ilvl. As a comparison, I managed to slain Cho'Gall with 463ilvl BrM spec while doing 58k DPS.
    So it'll be plenty easy to do them in the usual little -> big order? Just to be safe I should save CDs for steel breaker?

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    So it'll be plenty easy to do them in the usual little -> big order? Just to be safe I should save CDs for steel breaker?
    You qualify for hardmode if you do it with Molgeim last also. Do Steelbreaker > Brundir > Molgeim/Runemaster/Middle sized. This allows you to ignore meltdown while still getting hardmode credit. This is proven because the archivum disc for the quest drops which is said to only drop from HardMode Iron Council.

Hope that bit of information helps someone.
    Last edited by VinylScratch; 2014-07-30 at 06:38 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The buff lasts 30 seconds if you're talking 25-man, which you are if he has 10MM (10,040,400 to be exact) health. That requires 334,680 dps. The buff increases damage output by 200% as you indicated, which lowers the requirement to 111,560 dps. I've never hit that number as a 545 BrM in Ulduar 25. Maybe I'm just bad.

That's an extremely easy number for a Windwalker to hit, but Steelbreaker melees for about 30k and his Fusion Punch hits for 90k (ignores armor) with a DoT that deals 210k nature damage over 4 seconds (with 75% Static Disruption debuff and 50% Supercharge). You should be able to burst him down in 20 seconds easily, as long as he doesn't burst you down first.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Damn, that's one I needed to do the hard mode for too haha.
    Do you need to do hard mode to get a hardmode-only drop, or for the meta achievement? If the former, then yeah, just make it easy on yourself and go big-little-medium.

I need the drop for mog.

Deleted
    The buff lasts 30 seconds if you're talking 25-man, which you are if he has 10MM (10,040,400 to be exact) health. That requires 334,680 dps. The buff increases damage output by 200% as you indicated, which lowers the requirement to 111,560 dps. I've never hit that number as a 545 BrM in Ulduar 25. Maybe I'm just bad.

That's an extremely easy number for a Windwalker to hit, but Steelbreaker melees for about 30k and his Fusion Punch hits for 90k (ignores armor) with a DoT that deals 210k nature damage over 4 seconds (with 75% Static Disruption debuff and 50% Supercharge). You should be able to burst him down in 20 seconds easily, as long as he doesn't burst you down first.
    You're right, I forgot about the 30 secs part .

Otherwise, to clean any remaining doubt, I tried the fight finishing by Steelbreaker in 25 man and... it was truly easy. WW spec, ilvl 543, even if, I switched my weapons with some 553 stuff, and chest/legs/head/trinket/neck with 463 stuff. The rest was 582+ gear. Just play with the runes (on the floor = +50% damages), ToK and DM.

Recently, I succeeded to vanquish Challenge Mode Raigonn and Challenge Mode Whitemane (here's the vid of Whitemane that I consider as an extremely tense and fun boss : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLt-DNBgPNY).
    Actually, Challenge Mode Armsmaster Harlan is the ONLY Challenge Boss remaining before the monk class manages to solo everything through Challenges Modes.
    8/9 done.

First too bosses in BRC 10 downed as BM. ~525 Ilvl

I've been through alot of the pages and while I understand that yogg0 is possible, I'm not even getting close to getting him down and I believe I have a relative gear level where it should be possible. I have solo'ed the encounter on my hunter but my monk the mechanics seem to make it impossible(even though I know its possible). I can get past the 1st phase fine without any issues as either WW or BrM, but the second phase is where it all goes badly wrong.

I take too long to get out of the constrictors(I'm using RJW) and with the debuffs put on me by the corruptor tentacles, I can barely make it to the 1st one to pop if its outside of melee range. Detox doesn't seem to help.

Is there a optimal glyph/talent set to use, and does anyone have a guide for Monks to do the fight. I can't help but think I'm doing something fundamentally wrong for Yogg, my sucky weapon can only explain so much.

My armoury incase anyone is interested: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Mygol/simple

The first time i killed Yogg0 in WW it was with 535ilvl, it was not easy, but in a few tries he died. Try to glyph Detox for a little bit healing, should help with surviving. As WW, it should be relatively easy with your gear (540+) to kill big tentacles in a few seconds, so they shouldnt be a problem. Try Chi Brew if you have a problem and dont be afraid to use TeB with fewer stacks than 10, the sooner you kill them = the better. I always try to enter portal as soon as i can, kill brain in one go and clear the rest of the tentacles outside in phase 3. When those tentacles are dead, use RJW as much as possible (you dont have to face boss while doing relatively good dps) because it helps with adds a lot. While your weapon is not that bad, try some dailies at Isle of Thunder for 522 honor weapon, should help a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    A note for dispelling, you have four different debuffs to deal with:

Draining Poison (poison, just damages you) - detox
    Black Plague (disease, stuns you) - detox
    Apathy (magic, slows etc you, sucks) - Diffuse Magic (and save your interrupts for this as a priority)
    Curse of Doom (curse, just damages you) - eat it

So Apathy is the only ability that you really have to control, so as long as you are killing the tentacles at the right rate, and interrupting, you should be getting the required mileage out of the 1.5m DM CD without having to worry about any extra.

You can also ToD specific corrupter tentacles (pre-plan this) to ease the burden.

If you feel you're taking too long on the Constrictors, SCK will squash them faster, if you feel comfortable in P3 still without RJW.

yogg + 0 is soloabel ,.. also LK 25 HC some Stuff in Firelands

But i saw a youtube clip Jin Rok out of ToT 10 normal mode...
    i can´t post a link because i´m new ... but on youtube search : solo monk jin rok
    it from wannoob79

i tried it too but when he throws me ,.. then the boss reset...
    only if a minion is up then it works (like Xuen)
    but it Xuen has a 3 min CD and i can´t user it every time ...

so my question does anybody know what the monk in the clip
    put 1-2 sec before the throw on the ground....

i can´t see and i don´t know ... could someone help me ?

Deleted
    Statue of the Ox, maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furanos View Post
    But i saw a youtube clip Jin Rok out of ToT 10 normal mode...
    i can´t post a link because i´m new ... but on youtube search : solo monk jin rok
    it from wannoob79

i tried it too but when he throws me ,.. then the boss reset...
    only if a minion is up then it works (like Xuen)
    but it Xuen has a 3 min CD and i can´t user it every time ...

so my question does anybody know what the monk in the clip
    put 1-2 sec before the throw on the ground....

i can´t see and i don´t know ... could someone help me ?
    And the response is... TARGET DUMMY ! That is the good response !
    It will take you a few attempt to get the good timing. Don't forget to consider the target dummy (engineering) takes the aggro 1 sec roughly after being used.
    Also, I would recommend a Target Dummy on 1st and 3rd throws, and Xuen on 2nd and 4th. Doing like this, you wouldn't waste a lot of time if the target dummy is failed during the 1st throw.