Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just a small thing on talents on Stone Guard: Leg Sweep when used during RJW still grants an extra Chi even when no stunnable target is present. 1 Chi every 45 seconds... all the small things

Had some fun with Jin'rokh the Breaker on 10man, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yl0WVmE4U

Trying Horridon but dam this will take some time

/bow to Wannoob

Deleted
    Well, it's time for fun

Just a quick recap :

Previously before 6.0 :

- Scholomance Challenge Mode soloed with Bronze medal (54m30/55m)
    - Lei Shen till 48% (106 attempts to pass the first transition)
    - Garrosh 2m50 survival till 78% P1

with 6.0 coming :

- Heroic Stoneguard (wasn't a big deal, first shot)
    - Heroic Feng (interesting in terms of survival and DPS)
    - Blade Lord Ta'yak (quite insane, particularly with the stacks of both the blows and the time (on the boss)).

-----------
    - Jin'Rokh
    - Horridon (survival is a bit more messy, but the DPS race not longer exists)

-----------

- Protectors of Endless

-----------

- Heroic Spirit Kings
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2014-10-19 at 03:06 PM. Reason: update

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just did BWD 25 HC as WW, seems monks are pretty decent at soloing old content since Blackout Kick heals you for 50-75% of your hp every time lol, never been able to do it on 25 normal let alone hc before.

So if any monk has wanted to or tried the cata raids, now is the best time to do it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone been able to solo Ultraxion 25H since 6.0? My Monk is having trouble with this, apparently I am bad.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it, it's pretty close for me (585 ilvl) I ran out of agi pots though so just did it on normal. Think I was getting him sub 2m hp or so before he 1 shot me, proper consumables and execution, with a bit of rng for me atleast and it should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Has anyone been able to solo Ultraxion 25H since 6.0? My Monk is having trouble with this, apparently I am bad.
    if you go back 1 page you will see that Wannoob has a write up about Ultraxion. Chances are that if it was doable pre-6.0 it is doable, if not easier, after.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That write up by wannoob is irrelevant for ultraxion 25 heroic, I assume that was written for normal mode as he talks about the 6m enrage and on heroic you only have about 45 seconds or so to kill him before he kills you with the twilight thing.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylisto View Post
    if you go back 1 page you will see that Wannoob has a write up about Ultraxion. Chances are that if it was doable pre-6.0 it is doable, if not easier, after.
    Write up is for 10, not 25, unless there's some hidden trick to getting him to NOT cast Twilght Whowhenwhatever and all us unwashed proles just aren't getting it.

(edit) Oh, and I crashed trying to release spirit, and now trying to get back on my Monk causes a crash loop lockout even with all addons disabled. Fuck this. Broken game is fucking broken.

(edit 2) Nope nope nope, sorry, did I say my Monk? I meant "my entire account".
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2014-10-25 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    I've just managed to solo Elegon on my DK (1 min left till enrage). I'm tempted to try it with my monk (561ilvl, might do some hc SoO to improve it). The only thing that worries me is the transition phases and the sparks, would SCK / RJW be enough to one shot the sparks? With my DK I just BB and the diseases finish them off, but seems like it might be more of a hassle as a BrM.

I know killing sparks isn't that important, as you can cheese the enrage, but I'd rather kill him before the enrage if it's possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've just managed to solo Elegon on my DK (1 min left till enrage). I'm tempted to try it with my monk (561ilvl, might do some hc SoO to improve it). The only thing that worries me is the transition phases and the sparks, would SCK / RJW be enough to one shot the sparks? With my DK I just BB and the diseases finish them off, but seems like it might be more of a hassle as a BrM.

I know killing sparks isn't that important, as you can cheese the enrage, but I'd rather kill him before the enrage if it's possible.
    It's still possible to solo 2 or 3 waves or Sparks, just by using KS in order to destroy the 3 sparks on a side, while finishing the 3 others with BK or TP (never use Jab, it's a waste of DPS). Theorically, it should be doable to beat the enrage with 580+ ilvl, but I'm absolutely not sure with less gear. Quite unlikely imo, since our Tank DPS is pretty weak in our current situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    It's still possible to solo 2 or 3 waves or Sparks, just by using KS in order to destroy the 3 sparks on a side, while finishing the 3 others with BK or TP (never use Jab, it's a waste of DPS). Theorically, it should be doable to beat the enrage with 580+ ilvl, but I'm absolutely not sure with less gear. Quite unlikely imo, since our Tank DPS is pretty weak in our current situation.
    Hmm, I think I'll wait until WoD then Thanks anyway

Deleted
    Even the Storm knows the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Even the Storm knows the end.
    That's awesome! Grats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post

Just done with my monk :
    Stuff : 587 Allmost Full BiSWF Crit/Haste DW-Brm build, only neck and blackfuse trinket are noWF + 2part WW (Chest + Legs)
    My char is Júnette (ú = alt+0250) on EU-Dalaran

I'm feeling pretty lucky on this one (50sec): i.imgur.com/a1ZgZnM.jpg?1
    Self buffed + drums + agi pot.
    Talent : Chi wave/Chi Brew/Xuen

Can WW solo Yogg 0-Light? I'm mostly worried about the tentacle that holds you up in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enpoli View Post
    Can WW solo Yogg 0-Light? I'm mostly worried about the tentacle that holds you up in the air.
    Haven't tried it on my monk yet, but shouldn't SCK or Expel Harm work?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I thought you couldn't cast while you're being held? I haven't tried it yet. I wonder if we could do it if we pre-cast Xuen and had him break us out.

Deleted
    I thought you couldn't cast while you're being held?
    SCK doesn't require any target and can be cast while you're being held, this fight was doable before 6.0

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinette View Post
    Just done with my monk :
    Stuff : 587 Allmost Full BiSWF Crit/Haste DW-Brm build, only neck and blackfuse trinket are noWF + 2part WW (Chest + Legs)
    My char is Júnette (ú = alt+0250) on EU-Dalaran

I'm feeling pretty lucky on this one (50sec): i.imgur.com/a1ZgZnM.jpg?1
    Self buffed + drums + agi pot.
    Talent : Chi wave/Chi Brew/Xuen
    You outgear my Monk by 12 ilvls...I think I'll wait. (I did this on my 581 Lock with Drums + Int pot but Affliction has much, much stronger initial burst than WW Monk...kudos for making it work)

Oh yes. It's ridiculously easy. When grabbed, just mash Spinning Crane Kick. The tentacle dies within 5 seconds, it has very low hp.