Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    It's doable at the same ilevel by DKs. . . (I did it on my DK at 647 with horrible play, and Wan did it at 645).
    Doable, yes, but afaik DKs don't just ignore the mechanics and spam expel harm

Not sure this is where it belongs, but I wanted to share the fun I had in this PG! 170 waves of joy hehe

Deleted
    Challenge modes:
    - First boss UBRS
    - First boss Skyreach
    - First boss Grimrail Depot
    - First boss Iron Docks
    - First boss Auchindoun
    - First boss (Slave Watcher Crushto) Bloodmaul Slag Mines
    - 4/4 Shadowmoon Burial Grounds

Well, when the first boss of Everbloom shall fall, every CMs will have its first encounter soloable!

Otherwise, here is Heroic Dark Animus. Something really very spicy. Actually, I initially thought the strategy was pure fantasy... but it worked!
    Here we go:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L5rZdppzG4

------------

18/05: little update.

Witherbark (1st Everbloom) down as well. Putting the total at 11/33 Challenge bosses.
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2015-05-18 at 08:59 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wannoob your armory link doesn't appear to be working.

Saw your Youtube vid of your H.Council of Elders solo, having just started trying it myself after getting through H.Horridon. Nice job on that one! Any tips?

I've noticed the damage seems fairly heavy, and skada indicates most of it comes from Frost Bite (iirc) followed by Wrath of Loa, so next time I'll be trying glyph of Guard or Soul Dance (it has to have some use right?)
    Last edited by Tsuannan; 2015-05-19 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuannan View Post
    Saw your Youtube vid of your H.Council of Elders solo, having just started trying it myself after getting through H.Horridon. Nice job on that one! Any tips?

I've noticed the damage seems fairly heavy, and skada indicates most of it comes from Frost Bite (iirc) followed by Wrath of Loa, so next time I'll be trying glyph of Guard or Soul Dance (it has to have some use right?)
    Sorry about Armory, it's corretly added now (even if half of the time it's with my CM gear).

Hum, you shouldn't play with Soul Dance imo. Serenity is a far better talent, since the encounter is a kind of DPS check. Also, attempting them with less than 680lvl is pointless (think I had 679 - what I had on Durumu vid uploaded 2 days later). Eventually, Guard glyphed or unglyphed is pretty much the same. Here, it's about magic damages mainly.

About the damages, they may seem high, but are quite bearable thanks to the Resolve. Actually, what you'll try to do is to maximize the Resolve (meaning that both your EH and Guard will be more powerful):
    Each damaging event grants 0.25 * [ Damage * 2 * ( 10 - ( Now - DamageTimestamp ) ) / 10 ] / MaxHealth
    (from WoD Alpha Theorycraft Discussion).
    The best way to do this is to reduce as much as possible your HPs (obviously you won't take a bad gear, only remove the Stamina Trinkets if you have them). Also, try to get as much as possible of Bonus Armor (BA = AP... and AP intervenes on EH healings and Guard absorptions).

About the encounter itself, it must always be considered as an encounter of CD management. The logic is very simple:
    * You have 2 ''jokers'' = Nimble Brew and Diffuse Magic. Both of them is able to break the root magic debuff, making you free to:
    - move out of the sandtraps (which can be annoying).
    - kiting Malakk in order to avoid 15 stacks (which is mandatory not to reach - wipe).
    * There's no need to use EB except during Malakk stacking debuff (physical damages are really low).
    * There's something like 35-40 secs between 2 roots, while a root lasts for 30 secs. This means you will place your Transcendance somewhere safe, and use it in order to get out of the sandtrap. When the root is over, you got a bit more than 5 secs to place a new Transcendance at a safe place, and get out of this place to keep it safe from the next sandtrap.
    * The high priestress uses her Twisted Fate ability (creating 2 spirits of 100k HP) when possessed. Keep a Keg Smash for this moment and break them extremely quickly. It's a deadly ability.

About the execution of the encounter:
    Start by placing a Transcendance and get out of it to keep it safe.
    First Sand Trap = transcendance = you're out of the sandtrap.
    Then full burst on Malakk = Serenity + Xuen (you also have the prepot active), break as much of HPs as possible (it's possible to bring him at 40% Health quite easily by the end of the Frostbite).
    For the Frostbite, use every available cooldown = Drums of Fury + FB + Guard (on low HPs and high Resolve scaling obviously) + Healing Pot if needed. The only thing you should keep is Diffuse Magic. Oh, and keep your EB stacks also. They'll only be useful for Malakk's frigid assault (stacks).
    When the second sandtrap occurs, use DM in order to break it and go to the high priestress.
    Then a combination of events occurs: The Twisted Fate of Marlik (use your pot and scale a big Guard + nuke down the 2 spirits very quickly by keeping a KS). In the same time you have the Frigid Assault of Malakk (use the EB stacks now). If you're too limit, use Nimble Brew on the next sandtrap to break it and kite Malakk. Passing the dark phase of the Priestress is your first priority. Killing Malakk comes right after.
    If you manage to kill Malakk + pass the priestress phase, you've won the encounter. What remains is just about using your transcendance correctly to limit the damages taken by the sandtraps.

This encounter is a bit technic. Hope it helps anyway .

Deleted
    Today I finally properly tried soloing Hans&Franz. Two stacks of the debuff hurts!

My best on heroic was 91% in 2m51s... But staying in phase 1 due to lack of dps is pretty boring and eventually you just die to running out of cooldowns/bosses AAing together with stacks.

I made it to enrage on Normal mode, at 73%... post 85% it's pretty easy to survive, but my dps tanked with only one target. I'd actually never seen the enrage before! All the stampers active, hitting for like 70k lol... Then boss AA hitting for 200k++ after I staggered 387k damage. . Didn't have a timer for it so I was completely surprised and destroyed by it. x) Fairly confident even with all CDs up you'd get destroyed pretty fast, but it was a nice fun proof of concept!

Edit: Does anyone have/know of a list of all the currently available consumable buffs? I know I definitely missed some!
    Last edited by mmoc4c4ca01fa3; 2015-05-29 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Avoiding double post

Deleted
    nice achivements you got there

Deleted
    So now that we are 700ilvlish, did anyone tried to solo normal highmaul ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Limepls View Post

Edit: Does anyone have/know of a list of all the currently available consumable buffs? I know I definitely missed some!
    - Flasks
    - Monk Buff Legacy of the Tiger (5% Crit and 5% Stats)
    - Food
    - Runescroll of Fortitude III (8% stam)
    - Runes (50 agi)
    - Monk daily buff (only 1 hour but 458 Mastery)

Normal Highmaul is still out of range because of DPS issue. A 70kDPS requirement to defeat the bosses. Don't have any particular data at the moment since I'm waiting for 6.2 before trying some things though.

Aren't Highmaul and BrF getting a 10% or 20% nerf with 6.2? I don't think it is worthwhile to try until then.

Deleted
    Well, from what I had the occasion to attempt:

Kargath will probably not be doable before 7.0 (next expansion).
    When soloing, the boss doesn't use his throwing ability by jumping in the middle of the arena. Consequently, there's no way to clean up the adds, and the damages are just progressive.
    Consider it as a Gara'jal 2.0.

No way to reset the debuff ability also (and nothing to do during). Surviving 2 stacks is actually quite difficult.
    I survived 2 minutes and 10 seconds, and at the end, I was simply taking 120kdamage/2secs because of the adds.

How does it interact with a second player being there? I didn't create a 5 man group to go do highmaul since I allways thought Kargath would reset with every one being sent upstairs. Apparently I missed something, how does it work with fewer than 5 people in range?

If he doesn't reset, Kargath is definitely doable by two people.

EDIT: and people have probably allready done it if its possible.

Deleted
    Well, not that he doesn't reset. He just doesn't use chains while soloing.

If between 2 and X players in the group, the boss will throw upstairs. It will result in a reset with 5 or less people, unless - I'm not sure about this part but it should be fine - if a Black Ox Statue is placed before the throw. It was the case on Jin'Rokh by preventing a reset, so I guess it should be the same result with the statue. (This part is made of hypothesis).

Deleted
    Well, new day, new bossES

- Heroic General Nazgrim (not that hard with the gear, I remember that survival was quite insane with 670 ilvl when I first tried it at the time).
    - Normal Malkorok (Very tough one. On the high scale of bosses with Heroic Dark Animus... or no... probably even higher).

Normal Malkorok vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHVzEEdvecI

11/14 Heroic SoO
    12/14 Normal SoO

It means that only Sha of Pride and Galakras are remaining. But without a hotfix, I doubt that Galakras will fall down (pun). More, Sha of Pride Normal or even Heroic may fall at the end of the T18.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    With regards to Sha, are you saying that it would be doable as BrM? Or WW? Normal mode requires ~160k DPS as I recall.

Deleted
    WW spec will probably slain the Sha by the end of 6.2. Normal mode requires approximately 130k DPS. 160k is closer to the requirement for the Heroic difficulty.

Edit: Heroic Iron Qon down

Edit (21/06/15): Challenge Mode Zaela down (oumpfh...)
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2015-06-21 at 11:38 AM.

Hey all. BrM here. ilvl 679 trying to solo MSV 6/6 for the polearm for transmog. got 5/6 on 10N today, no deaths no problem (other than a bug on elegon where i had to kill myself because i couldnt progress).

I searched the thread and couldn't find anything. Anyone have tips for dealing with this solo. I can keep up with the first phase and if i get in quick i can drop the emperor's courage the first time before the debuff, but the second time he spawns i get hit with the debuff and its basically a massacre from there as i cannot take him down and I just can't mitigate the incoming damage. does anyone have a strategy for this? maybe i am just missing a mechanic, can't really find anything online on how to deal with him.

thanks.

Emperor's Courage spawns are exactly 1min30s apart, so just ToD them. Unglyphed ofc, he can't "reflect" this.
    Cutieface - Monk EU Drak'Thul

Quote Originally Posted by Drenni View Post
    Emperor's Courage spawns are exactly 1min30s apart, so just ToD them. Unglyphed ofc, he can't "reflect" this.
    so just get in there and ToD him before he can debuff. I pulled it off the first time. must have just messed up the second. i'll give it another go tonight. I'm sure i'll get it now ha. THANKS

I made drenei brewmaster monk to fully explore after Cata content which I always rushed through before. And decided to solo through all instances on the way. I dont have full hairlooms (no rings, no pants and no helm yet, but working on it), but all gear is blues and I have BiS weapons enchants.

So far at 20 level (exp locked atm. next exp lock stage at 30) DeadMines, Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns and SFK were all easy. Stockades done - bosses werent hard except Hogger. Very fun and challenging fight. Wiped like 10 times on him - he is 5 levels higher and hits like a truck. But eventually managed to do it. Blackfathom Depths - first 2 bosses werent hard. But Im stuck on third one. His ability when he raises me in the air and does constant dmg is a killer. But I made got him to like 30%, so with better management of skills and few more gear pieces I think I can do it.

ps/ BFD done. Getting more haste helped with third boss and Akumai was easy. Now when I finish quests in current zones, gonna cap at 30 and try to solo all dungeons available through LFG at that level.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2015-07-13 at 06:07 PM.