Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    2, The fact is, our Soul Cap is a lot more weaker than the druids one. We don't do as much AoE damages, so I don't think that 25H is doable, for Amber-Shaper.
    I'm 100% sure that 10H and 25N are doable, though.
    Except WW monk does vastly more AOE damage than Feral druid... and the entire strat is completely independent on your AOE damage, relying simply on your ability to stay awake while gathering enough victims. ChiBurst, 4Chi Chiex, Keg Smash, 2 ChiTorps and your Soul Cap will be charged with way more than enough damage to oneshot the boss if you gathered enough blobs.
    As for doing it as WW: TEB RNG can fuck you over a little bit, but it shouldn't be an issue with Chi Brew. Using WW instead of BRM also allows you to use the DPS ring instead which means you don't need a second Soul Cap proc to kill off the monstrosity.
    Will try both as soon as my exams are over.

Deleted

6/7 Highmaul.
    So much management involved to beat this insane DPScheck. A huge part of survival and positioning also, particularly in the last phase.
    Finally this nightmare ends

:/ wow even monk can do that much dps this makes me sad there's no way druid can do a legit imperator kill, i'll settle for soul cap cheese.

Big grats on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannoob View Post
    Imperator Mar'gok went VERY close yesturday. Hoping for a kill today.

Well, some points aren't really accurate

1, I did ALL the CM bosses during MoP. Infiltrator Kip'tilak was done the 14/07/13, and it wasn't a difficult boss:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8N_qvqPafc
    I also did Scholomance full run on Bronze timer.

2, The fact is, our Soul Cap is a lot more weaker than the druids one. We don't do as much AoE damages, so I don't think that 25H is doable, for Amber-Shaper.
    I'm 100% sure that 10H and 25N are doable, though.

3, Same as Amber-Shaper because of the limit of Soul Cap, I don't think there's a way to put enough damages into the trinket.
    I'm 100% sure that 10H is doable, though.

4, Yay, I'm just lazy

5, Hum, I did clear MSV 25H entirely. The reason why I didn't upload all the bosses, is because some of them were simply feeling like trashes.
    On ToT 25H, I managed to clear the 6 first bosses, only uploaded the Council since it's an interesting one.
    And about Mythic SoO, I might give a shot soon enough. Only 3/14 atm (3 first), even if, I guess, a lot more is doable.
    Ah, I see. Sorry for missing Infiltrator; grats for Imperator kill, hope you kill Butcher soon!
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/nA93y5c.png

RIP Butcher.
    7/7 Highmaul.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-02-29 at 12:01 AM. Reason: images WAY too large

Grats on finishing a raid in the current xpac has not been done before?

I admit I never thought to use the flamethrower buff but how in the hell can you keep 19 stacks by the time you are at butchers room?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Grats on finishing a raid in the current xpac has not been done before?

I admit I never thought to use the flamethrower buff but how in the hell can you keep 19 stacks by the time you are at butchers room?
    Timing. That's all the trick

Edit: Kromog soloed
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2016-02-10 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Heroic Brackenspore down ! 2/7H (Ko'ragh was done a few months ago).
    The boss offers a real challenge as:
    - The damages are higher than NM.
    - The moss grows even faster!
    Clearly pushing the survival upon a lot of pressure

http://i.imgur.com/8HyW047.png

:/ wow even monk can do that much dps this makes me sad there's no way druid can do a legit imperator kill, i'll settle for soul cap cheese.

Big grats on that though.
    Soul cap cheese? What's that?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Soul cap cheese? What's that?
    In this case it means spawning a LOT of the swords from 1 of the trash mobs. If you watch wannoobs imperator video he does a version of it. You basically proc soul cap and get to aoe however many swords you spawned. Then move/teleport to the boss and all that aoe dmg goes just on the boss.

My highest soul cap doing this was something like 37m or something crazy. 2 soul caps in a row = dead boss which is how I killed imp in 14 seconds. This was as druid, monks burst aoe is lower from what I know which is why Wannoob couldn't just 2 shot the boss on pull.

In this case...
    Does it require an item or is it just something the trash does?

It requires Soul Capacitor which is a trinket from socrethar in HFC. Only thing special about imperators room is the trash mob will keep spawning these sword adds as long as you want (you do actually reach a limit where you hit the buff/debuff limit coded into the game which is interesting but the limit is quite high)

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Does it require an item or is it just something the trash does?
    As Enak101 said, Soul Capacitor is an AGI RPPM item that, when proc'ced, makes you do 15%-30% more damage for 10 seconds, with a caveat - all damage you do in those 10 seconds is stored and delayed. At the end of the 10 seconds, the damage is split among all enemies in 10 yards.
    (or, really, just google it. http://www.wowhead.com/item=124225/soul-capacitor)

The exploitability comes from the fact that, when there are more than 100 targets to attack, you can proc Soul Capacitor, AoE them, rush to the boss, and have the huge accumulated damage blow up on the boss, instantly killing them.

For examples/proposed bosses on which this tactic can work, see
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    here
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    here
    I, personally, have no doubt that Wannoob is currently trying something crazy, definitely involving Soul Cap, very likely involving HFC, and maybe involving the Velhari gauntlet and other 2nd floor bosses.
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-02-16 at 02:26 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/WO9WdUl.png
    40 attempts.

http://i.imgur.com/I2eLLXr.png
    55 attempts.

Both boss is A rank and extremely difficult. 5/14 Mythic atm...
    Guess you know what's next?

Edit: Mythic Nazgrim down (1st attempt )
    Edit2: Mythic Spoils down (1st attempt also)
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-02-29 at 12:00 AM. Reason: images WAY to large

^ You bastard if you've dropped that brown ogre on mythic before me...

QQ </3 Double grats though.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/Z0ljnvk.png
    Aka 2 minutes sub enrage.
    40+attempts.
    Definitely one of the most enjoyable bosses ever made!

8/14 SoO Mythic

Edit: Mythic Thok down, so 9/14 now!

Edit2:
    http://i.imgur.com/ee3YLFS.png
    Most difficult encounter in SoO Mythic so far. 49 attempts.
    10/14 Mythic.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-02-29 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Pictures way too large

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/WlXNMk8.png

Guess it won't happen. Just too much mobs to maintain my computer alive...
    But I don't really care. Getting into this Last phase was the real Challenge, and probably one of the most difficult things I've ever done. The boss is definitely SS Ranked. Even if there are several bugs, the execution consists in 15 minutes of kiting without destroying a single add, allowing them to come to melee, or too much failures in the weapons' positioning. Both Survival, DPS and Execution are just insane.

Otherwise, 4/6 HoF 25H. Everything on 1st attempt. Going to check ToES now...

Edit: 3/4 ToES 25HC. Sha on 25N. Tsulong 25HC is hard. Lei Shi 25HC is Very hard. Also, 25HC Protectors was done in Elite mode, fight remains a joke in comparison with the 2 next bosses.

Edit2: Gruul down. http://imgur.com/h2Odumh
    Soulcap strategy. A bit of Survival and anticipation.
    Hans'gar and Franzok 19% with a Normal strategy. The boss is 100% doable with Soulcap strat though. Just annoying.
    Last edited by mmocfe2a18639c; 2016-03-11 at 07:07 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The pictures were too large, links work fine. It got fixed, not sure why there needs to be personal comments so they've been deleted. If only one player is posting that they're soloing stuff, then it becomes a thread about them. If you want it to be about more than one person, then the solution seems simple.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

So I have a question regarding the Mists soloing. Ignoring crazy things like SOO Mythic, or most of the 25 Heroics, is just having good WOD gear good enough or does it specifically have to be tank gear? My monk is my only character that could feasibly solo Mists (prior to Legion), and I'd like to work on getting through a lot of it... but I'm pretty solidly only WW geared.

Killing 10 normal of MSV/ToT should pretty easily fall with any gear. Heroic as BrM you may want some mastery if you're worried about survival. Honestly though, with the lack of ability to change statting after Mists, any gear should pretty well do it. You would have to focus a little bit on what you use if you were wanting to kill Mythic/25H bosses but it's all down to drop RNG anyway. Item level is the deciding factor these days, not stat priority.

Just put your best ilevel gear on, swap to BrM spec, get a food buff and some stam scrolls from a scribe/AH, and the Forgotten Kings drums from a LW/AH, waltz into MSV normal and get a feel for how it feels fighting things alone if you havn't done it previously. Stone Guard and Feng will drop before your eyes and give you a good idea on what you're working with.

Tank specs all benefit from dps stats in some form anyway (with the exception of Multistrike), and if you're loaded up with multistrike, it just means you'll nuke the boss faster.
    Last edited by JimSolo; 2016-03-13 at 09:48 PM.
    "It's those tears of rage making it harder for you to see." - Warstar [March 2016]
    Soloing Discord
    DH