Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    console games are generally more "casual-friendly", not in a bad sense, but in the sense of "picking it up and playing for half an hour". personally when I play pc games I feel like spending quite awhile on it.

    also, the comfort levels of console gaming, to me a controller is just more comfortable in my hands, but also the added benefit of sitting halfway across my living room from my tv.

    also specific console-only games. Naughty Dog for Playstation games comes to mind.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    I play it with a XBOX360 Controller - its 100% the same, except Graphics look 100% better and Loading-Times are 500% faster.
    lol if you say so.. each to their own.
    Dictated but not read.

  3. #103
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,374
    I honestly see no reason to buy ps3/xbox, I feel like you can play almost everything you can on them on PC, and be able to mod those games. Plus you can also pirate/emulate
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-09 at 01:40 AM.


  4. #104
    I owned a PS2 and now own an Xbox 360 with a variety of games. My Xbox barely got used and for the last year has only gathered dust. I am fairly certain I will never buy another console. For the same price you can buy a great graphics card for your PC and play nearly all console games (with better graphics) and many PC only titles. Not to mention the amount of F2P games on PC and the fact you can try before you buy *cough* by torrenting nearly anything.

    Consoles are good for parties but I'm at the age now where people don't come around to play video games.

  5. #105
    I have both. I don't get to play my xbox much because of wife/kid though. A PC will have better graphics, though the reality is a console will last you longer. A PC will last maybe 2 years until you need to upgrade if you wanna play the latest games(unless you bought something really high end). You will always be able to play the latest games on your console so long as your console is the latest generation, and consoles stay current much longer than PCs do. If you want the best graphics though it's on the PC, just be prepared to pay for it and keep on paying for it.

    As far as which console, I am an xbox fan. Not because the console is superior or has better games, simply because I hate Sony. Sony is probably the most evil of the evil corporations, and that is saying something. From root kitting people's PC, to double/tripple dipping, to forcing proprietary media on users, to paying off politicians to pass laws removing people's rights simply so they can chase down people who they think copied something.

  6. #106
    Exclusives.

    The PS3 is a relatively cheap media center.
    ton
    I've had to update my computer (2-3 times) during the current console cycles just to keep it medium spec. 1 console, 1 price. Slightly toned down graphics don't take away from the game play.

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans ElAmigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orange Park, Fl
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    No reason at all. They are in every way you can possebly think of inferior to a PC.

    The only thing that might give the slightest consideration is mobility.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaah no, I play my PC more than anything cause I love steam but the main reason I play consoles (I own all 3) is due to exclusives. Because of this my xbox is literally the one I touch the least, matter of fact I don't really remember the last time I turned on my 360, can't say the same for my ps3 (tons of exclusives) or my wii (first party games, other exclusives, smash project M).
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

  8. #108
    Because of fuckin exclusives... I personally don't have a console, I can live without some crap like uncharted, tekken, god of war... But there still are some games that often make me mad, because they're not on PC, like Halo and Gears of War...

  9. #109
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,557
    Exclusives are about the only reason. If you can get by without having Gears of War, Halo, Final Fantasy, etc, there isn't much reason to buy a console. Hell, even if you just want something to watch Netflix on, you can build an HTPC for considerably less than a decently equipped console (used console might be cheaper, but so much for a warranty if it breaks three months after you scoop it up.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  10. #110
    Moderator d3v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Flanders, Belgium
    Posts
    4,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    I play it with a XBOX360 Controller - its 100% the same, except Graphics look 100% better and Loading-Times are 500% faster.
    We're talking about Fifa right? I played Fifa 12 on PC with xbox controller and now Fifa 13 on xbox, I have to say I find it more enjoyable on my xbox than on my PC, it's one of those games where I just wanna sit comfy and relax and play, and I can do that better on my couch infront of my LED flatscreen TV than on my computer chair at my desk infront of my 2 23" monitors. And the differences in graphics is barely noticeable, if noticeable at all (I don't notice any difference). As for loading times I also really don't notice any difference, and my PC specs are of course better than the xbox specs.

    Fifa is made for consoles primarily, and while playing it on PC has no major disadvantage, I see no major advantage either.

  11. #111
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    The games are different. I also like to be able to play in bed sometimes on a big screen.

  12. #112
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,557
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    The games are different. I also like to be able to play in bed sometimes on a big screen.
    You can do that with a PC.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  13. #113
    Scarab Lord Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    4,163
    If you're a serious gamer you should have all mediums available to you. Why limit yourself?

    Budget accordingly.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  14. #114
    The Lightbringer Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If you're a serious gamer you should have all mediums available to you. Why limit yourself?

    Budget accordingly.
    i have to agree with this. i have a PC/PS3/Xbox360, i buy the games for the platform i feel would provide the best experience.

  15. #115
    Ever tried Fifa 12/13 on a PC? Sucks ballzzzzzzz

    But reasons why u should:

    1: Graphic wise its the best price/quality, to get the same Graphics as a Xbox360 you are gonna need a beast of a computer (aprox 1200$)
    2: Xbox and PS3 both have DVD players build in, so u buy a console AND a dvd player at the same time.
    3: Playstation allow u to browse online (Flatscreen pron without HDMI/Svideo/Scart Cable!)
    4: Games are the same price so no difference there
    5: Personally i like the feel of a console better than clicking a mouse and hitting a keyboard

    6: PC gamers are often more geeky, this 1 is gonna make alot of people rage but ill explain why thats a bad thing.

    Morals and ethics aside, in real life it all comes down to who u know. I dont hate geeky people, without them there woulnd be cool people, but overall they dont do very well in real life. When PC gaming (lets say GW2 or WoW) U will end up meeting more geeky people, wich will become ur own lifestyle because people adapt to their environment. And then u become a RL outcast urself.

    PS3 / Xbox360 have more casual gamers and ur more likely to encounter people considered casual or even socially renown, again the adapting nature of men, u will end up being that way = profit IRL.

    Hate all u want, its fact.
    Last edited by Shiift; 2012-10-09 at 02:00 PM.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Ever tried Fifa 12/13 on a PC? Sucks ballzzzzzzz

    But reasons why u should:

    1: Graphic wise its the best price/quality, to get the same Graphics as a Xbox360 you are gonna need a beast of a computer (aprox 1200$)
    2: Xbox and PS3 both have DVD players build in, so u buy a console AND a dvd player at the same time.
    3: Playstation allow u to browse online (Flatscreen pron without HDMI/Svideo/Scart Cable!)
    4: Games are the same price so no difference there
    5: Personally i like the feel of a console better than clicking a mouse and hitting a keyboard

    6: PC gamers are often more geeky, this 1 is gonna make alot of people rage but ill explain why thats a bad thing.

    Morals and ethics aside, in real life it all comes down to who u know. I dont hate geeky people, without them there woulnd be cool people, but overall they dont do very well in real life. When PC gaming (lets say GW2 or WoW) U will end up meeting more geeky people, wich will become ur own lifestyle because people adapt to their environment. And then u become a RL outcast urself.

    PS3 / Xbox360 have more casual gamers and ur more likely to encounter people considered casual or even socially renown, again the adapting nature of men, u will end up being that way = profit IRL.

    Hate all u want, its fact.
    more geeky?! lol wtf are you talking about. Presumptions on someone's life style, success at life (lol), coolness (again lol) and just utterly retarded generalizations. You know why people might rage? its because youre baiting or just incredibly stupid.

    prices are most certainly not priced the same 99% of the time.. PC games are far cheaper.
    Last edited by Insanoflex; 2012-10-09 at 02:18 PM.
    Dictated but not read.

  17. #117
    Because you can play games like CoD/Halo, GTA, Smash bros, etc etc with friends when they come over. It's a great "party" kinda thing to do. Plus I think controllers are much more fun to use than the generic mouse and keyboard setup.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    more geeky?! lol wtf are you talking about. Presumptions on someone's life style, success at life (lol), coolness (again lol) and just utterly retarded generalizations. You know why people might rage? its because youre baiting or just incredibly stupid.

    prices are most certainly not priced the same 99% of the time.. PC games are far cheaper.
    http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/image...mer_4_life.jpg
    http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-co...n-gamers-2.jpg

    Aaaaaand ur out!

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Because you can play games like CoD/Halo, GTA, Smash bros, etc etc with friends when they come over. It's a great "party" kinda thing to do. Plus I think controllers are much more fun to use than the generic mouse and keyboard setup.
    lol you do know you can use a controller on a pc, and mouse + keyboard on a console...
    Dictated but not read.

  20. #120
    Epic! schwank05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sanborn, MN
    Posts
    1,703
    I have both, the xbox sits on my dresser lifeless, while my PS3 gets used all the time as my blue ray player. I do not play games on either of them, MMO's are the only game that can keep my attention these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •