Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me (PS3 here) it's because of the blu-ray player, some exclusive games (looking at you Final Fantasy 4-8) and co-op (Borderlands f.e.).

10+ Year Old Account
    There will only ever be two reasons to get a console:

1. Exclusive titles.
    2. Multi-player. Even though I am a PC gamer, there is simply nothing a PC's multiplayer can do to beat the feeling of sitting next to your best friend and Super Smash Bros. his face in. All on one screen, and within arm-punching distance.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    There will only ever be two reasons to get a console:

1. Exclusive titles.
    2. Multi-player. Even though I am a PC gamer, there is simply nothing a PC's multiplayer can do to beat the feeling of sitting next to your best friend and Super Smash Bros. his face in. All on one screen, and within arm-punching distance.
    Except for mario party.
    http://lolbot.net/pix/18874.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringjester View Post
    Yes but any game released for a console ever will work on that said console. But with a PC if in a few years you want to play a new game just released you may have to upgrade something in you PC to run it. Years after purchasing a console it will still run any new game released for that console.
    My pc will run any game released in that same time period. So also any game released for a PC during that time.

The PC doesn't suddenly become worse for no reason. It will keep playing those games untill the hardware dies. Just like a console.

Deleted
    The games that keep me from goin PC only are games like, Zelda, Mario, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Naruto series, Metal Gear, Super Smash Bros, Agarest, Atelier Rorona, Ninja Gaiden, Metroid, Sonic. I can keep on listing games. Games such as these i would never play them on a PC, tried playing Sonic Generations on PC, awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiShun View Post
    developer's problem, not the console's.
    No... It's due to Microsoft shipping a system still using Dvds.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Alright, I want you to give me all the reasons you can think of why I should buy an Xbox360 or a PS3!
    This is ofcourse because I'm indecisive, and would love to hear what others think of their respective console and why they think so.
    Don't buy Xbox360 or PS3 now, wait for next gen and buy it because there's a game on it you want :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the couch is a really comfy place to play games on.

I stopped buying consoles when I realized computers are superior in every way, even the cheapest Emachines junker you can buy at walmart can be hooked to a newer tv, it has way more functionality and cost roughly the same as an xbox/ps3.

Actually in truth I quit buying consoles when the makers decided that is was a good idea to design the controllers for mutants with 2 thumbs on their right hand
    (the 2nd joystick should instead be a trackball located on the top right corner and accessed via index finger)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    (the 2nd joystick should instead be a trackball located on the top right corner and accessed via index finger)
    In what universe would that ever be a good idea?

(سಥ益ಥ)س Y U TAKE BOB DOLE'S PEANUT BUTTER?

Some games are just better on a console.

I'd never play Assassin's Creed on a PC, the control is godawful. I guess you could connect an XBox controller, but I prefer the PS3 one by a mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comfort, nothing beats sitting in your couch and having fun.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exclusive games

Deleted
    Two+one things really.

1) Games. Exclusives and if you want to play games year before they get released to PC with full price (or as bad pc ports few months after).
    2) You will know it works to the "fullest", graphically and its optimised for gamepad tightly, when you put the dvd/blu-ray in. No need to tweak settings (this also can be good part of pc since PC's have the ultra setting..)
    3) PSN/Xbla has awesome games in them - ps+ even gives free games with subscription. Not to mention Wii has old Snes and Nes titles (tho easily emulated but we wouldnt do that )

Sure, consoles are getting old and they have to use effects to hide texture work etc. You are playing "on couch" tho most of the time so it can be hidden pretty well.
    Consoles and specially ps3/wii have such exclusives you wouldnt see on PC, ever. Of course, if you are not into japanese games (or killzone, god of war, resistance ton of PSN games..) then pc might win for you. Xbox stuff are more likely to come to PC, tho usually arent either.

Basically if you want exclusives of the console then you better get the console. If you can buy PC lower the price of lets say PS3 that can play games easily then that eliminates point 2..shrug.

Edit:
    As for PS3 or Xbox:

Personally I'd go for PS3.
    -PSN is free to use
    -Lots of exclusive games. Looking at e3 this year - xbox is getting kinect games as exclusives mostly..part from halo and gears of war spin-off(?).
    -Exclusive games from Japan. Japanese devs have bit low support for Xbox games.
    -PS+ gives you free games each month for being subbed to PSN (which is free otherwise)
    -Bluray player too. And it updates time to time so it keeps up.
    -Pretty good western exclusives too - killzone, god of war, journey, uncharted, last of us, resistance..

Xbox if you want stuff like netflix, espn and whatever else it has..I dont know about those on either side because europe never gets them
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2012-10-07 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Consoles are terribad! They use hardware from 6years ago and have the power of a calculator. I would never ever play on a Casual-Console. The N64 was my last console for life!
    Dont waste your money and save it until the terrible consoles finally die and PC Games get better graphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because you can't play supremely awesome games like Soul Caliber 2, Final Fantasy 9-10, Grandia 2, without a console.

Sorry, I'm stuck in the early 2000's. /insert kick-ass console only games in place of older ones
    What is this soul caliber you speak of?

Deleted
    Reasons for getting a PS3:
    Yakuza Series.
    Uncharted Series.
    All the HD remasters of popular PS2 games.
    PSN Store has a wipe variety of old skool games if your into that sort of thing.
    Blue Ray capability.
    And so much more.

I have a Wii for the sole purpose of playing with my kids and once in awhile with my wife. Also an Xbox because at the time of the launch I had a crap PC that wouldn't play any games
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    No need to tweak settings (this also can be good part of pc since PC's have the ultra setting..)
    Yeah, i see the lack of costumization as a down side sooner than an plus. Being able to set your own settings is a good thing. Not a bad thing.

Deleted
    because some games only end up on consoles
    /looks at EA Sports.
    /Taps foot waiting for SSX series on PC.