... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    So very wrong.
    http://www.geeks3d.com/20081222/grap...ox-360-vs-ps3/
    Take into account Xbox costs 200,- PS3 costs 200,- PC Costs 800,-

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Stereotype and opinion, not a fact.
    Allright, not always like that. Just 95% of the time. Have it ur way.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/image...mer_4_life.jpg
    http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-co...n-gamers-2.jpg

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have both, the xbox sits on my dresser lifeless, while my PS3 gets used all the time as my blue ray player. I do not play games on either of them, MMO's are the only game that can keep my attention these days.
    Try Fifa 13 ultimate team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    But reasons why u should:

1: Graphic wise its the best price/quality, to get the same Graphics as a Xbox360 you are gonna need a beast of a computer (aprox 1200$)
    Not anywhere close. You can build a system for $400 that could match current generation console graphics. An $800 system would make them look like an N64.

2: Xbox and PS3 both have DVD players build in, so u buy a console AND a dvd player at the same time.
    A DVD player sets you back like $20 at Wal-Mart, which is less than it'll cost you to buy the crap that's required in order to use the console as a media device. And if you want to talk about shit that's included with the games? And you're wanting to do this as console versus PC? Son, I'm not quite sure if you're aware of what you're stepping in.

3: Playstation allow u to browse online
    You realize that PCs have better internet browsers and can use the same TV as a monitor, right? You're also aware that HDMI cables or what-have-you are required to display something at a certain resolution, right? You can't use A/V cables to get HD picture quality, dude, whether it's a console or not.

4: Games are the same price so no difference there
    Most PC games also have user-made mods which are free content for a game, some of it quite immense. You don't get that with consoles.

6: PC gamers are often more geeky, this 1 is gonna make alot of people rage but ill explain why thats a bad thing.
    LOL, what? Are you just trolling now?

Morals and ethics aside, in real life it all comes down to who u know. I dont hate geeky people, without them there woulnd be cool people, but overall they dont do very well in real life. When PC gaming (lets say GW2 or WoW) U will end up meeting more geeky people, wich will become ur own lifestyle because people adapt to their environment. And then u become a RL outcast urself.

PS3 / Xbox360 have more casual gamers and ur more likely to encounter people considered casual or even socially renown, again the adapting nature of men, u will end up being that way = profit IRL.

Hate all u want, its fact.
    Let's see. Your avatar is a douchebag rageface image. You're using "u" instead of "you" even though it saves no keystrokes and you're under no time pressure. Ninety percent of what you've said so far is conjecture or just outright false, and now you're stating bad opinion as fact and then pre-emptively calling anyone who disagrees with your opinion a "hater."

Get outta here, man, unless you plan on improving the quality of your posts.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 09:33 AM ----------

http://www.geeks3d.com/20081222/grap...ox-360-vs-ps3/
    Take into account Xbox costs 200,- PS3 costs 200,- PC Costs 800,-
    That's from 2009, bud. You could build the PC listed for probably $300-$400, assuming we're including the rest of the rig (hard drive, motherboard, etc.)

Fine, you can buy a console for $200-$300 now, but you're still getting a much better deal with a PC. I find it funny you're bashing PC gamers when, if you're supposed to be representing a console gamer, you're coming off as nothing but a pathetic troll.

By the way, are you posting this on a console or are you using a PC to do it?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The only reason to buy a console if you have a decent gaming PC is for a specific game you actually want to play. For me the 3DS was sold once it had a monster hunter game on it, it's the same reason I purchased a new psp, just to go back and play MH games. Xboxs don't really have that many exclusives unless you're going to buy a kinect. PS3s have quite a few decent exclusives, but make sure you know if those are worth paying for a new system.

As for the argument that gaming PCs cost more than an xbox/ps3, this might come as a shock but there are people who have high-end PCs for work, so the cost is already null
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not anywhere close. You can build a system for $400 that could match current generation console graphics. An $800 system would make them look like an N64.

A DVD player sets you back like $20 at Wal-Mart, which is less than it'll cost you to buy the crap that's required in order to use the console as a media device. And if you want to talk about shit that's included with the games? And you're wanting to do this as console versus PC? Son, I'm not quite sure if you're aware of what you're stepping in.

You realize that PCs have better internet browsers and can use the same TV as a monitor, right? You're also aware that HDMI cables or what-have-you are required to display something at a certain resolution, right? You can't use A/V cables to get HD picture quality, dude, whether it's a console or not.

Most PC games also have user-made mods which are free content for a game, some of it quite immense. You don't get that with consoles.

LOL, what? Are you just trolling now?

Let's see. Your avatar is a douchebag rageface image. You're using "u" instead of "you" even though it saves no keystrokes and you're under no time pressure. Ninety percent of what you've said so far is conjecture or just outright false, and now you're stating bad opinion as fact and then pre-emptively calling anyone who disagrees with your opinion a "hater."

Get outta here, man, unless you plan on improving the quality of your posts.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 09:33 AM ----------

That's from 2009, bud. You could build the PC listed for probably $300-$400, assuming we're including the rest of the rig (hard drive, motherboard, etc.)

Fine, you can buy a console for $200-$300 now, but you're still getting a much better deal with a PC. I find it funny you're bashing PC gamers when, if you're supposed to be representing a console gamer, you're coming off as nothing but a pathetic troll.

By the way, are you posting this on a console or are you using a PC to do it?
    Are YOU going to kill me now? Or leave me for death after you just verbally raped me and my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    The only reason to buy a console if you have a decent gaming PC is for a specific game you actually want to play. For me the 3DS was sold once it had a monster hunter game on it, it's the same reason I purchased a new psp, just to go back and play MH games. Xboxs don't really have that many exclusives unless you're going to buy a kinect. PS3s have quite a few decent exclusives, but make sure you know if those are worth paying for a new system.

As for the argument that gaming PCs cost more than an xbox/ps3, this might come as a shock but there are people who have high-end PCs for work, so the cost is already null
    It's also worth noting that pure cost isn't the only relevant factor. A PC will cost more than a console, but it can also do a great many things more than a console can do. When's the last time you saw an artist fire up their Xbox to get some work done, or seen a student pursuing their master's turn on the Playstation to work on their thesis some more?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

it's cheaper in the long run because you can sell your used console games for nearly the new price. Selling used pc games for a good price is much harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just my opinion, may not be factually correct so please don't shoot me.

I own a 360 and love it. The only game I do not play on 360 is WoW, and if it were on 360 I would.

This is the part I'm not sure if is factual. My understanding is the 360 is the least technical of PS3, PC and 360 which are the 3 big gaming platforms. So I understand (was told), that many multi platform games such as Skyrim etc, are made with the 360 in mind first and foremost, because once they've maxed out 360, the others can handle it.

Also I believe 360 is the most popular way to play games (as in game sales), so a lot of multiplatform is targetted for 360.

Whether designing for the technically worst and cheapest option is right for gaming or whatever is another topic, but it means most games play as well or better on the 360 as they do anything else. I'm sure a very very expensive gaming PC can make something look a lot better, but you are talking £'s for lighting effects and pixels that aren't really needed for your average gamer.

Then you have exclusives. I find the PS3 exclusives are quite arty and experimental such as heavy rain. The 360 exclusives are Halo and Gears of War which are much bigger blockbuster titles. We then have a lot of DLC exclusive and timed exclusive stuff that MS seem hell bent on getting but again maybe not the right direction for gaming.

So basically my opinion is 360 has probably held back this generation from achieving its potential. But at the same point, its the cheapest system and everything runs well, it's a lot of fun and the controller is the nicest console controller I've ever used. Honestly I wouldn't swap it personally. But each to their own.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2012-10-09 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Its fact that PC graphics overrule Xbox360 and PS3 graphics atm.

However, they have been around for over 4 years now and new models are bound to come up going for the average price of 300$ (thats what the starting price has been the last few releases). Ofcourse we can't anticipate the engines running on them, but i dare to bet it's good, if not better than the current PC graphics. Ofcourse PC Graphics will increase as well over time, but there should be a good time span before PC Graphics come up to the new console standards again, just like it was at the release of Xbox360 and PS3.

It's a matter of taste i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are YOU going to kill me now? Or leave me for death after you just verbally raped me and my post.
    Are YOU going to add anything constructive to this thread or continue to try and pass your thoughts and opinions off as facts?

Its fact that PC graphics overrule Xbox360 and PS3 graphics atm.

However, they have been around for over 4 years now and new models are bound to come up going for the average price of 300$ (thats what the starting price has been the last few releases). Ofcourse we can't anticipate the engines running on them, but i dare to bet it's good, if not better than the current PC graphics. Ofcourse PC Graphics will increase as well over time, but there should be a good time span before PC Graphics come up to the new console standards again, just like it was at the release of Xbox360 and PS3.

It's a matter of taste i guess.
    The biggest reason that console graphics look so good (comparatively) is because the developers can't be lazy and have to optimize the game far, far more than PC. PC developers (sadly) can get away with releasing a very demanding game because people can just turn down the graphical settings if they want it to run smoother or better. Consoles aren't any more powerful than PC's (they're a fair bit weaker), it's just the optimization that goes into them that makes them seem better. The hardware in consoles and PC's isn't much different, it's how the hardware is utilized that makes them different
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-10-09 at 02:50 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    it's cheaper in the long run because you can sell your used console games for nearly the new price. Selling used pc games for a good price is much harder.
    sell items in D3, or trade dropped hats / metal in TF2 etc.. get free games.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think generally i prefer PC gaming, but console gaming still has its bonus' certain console only games being a main one, i also find that sometimes i wake up in the morning, cba to get out of bed so just grab my PS3 controller and play whatever is in there or one of my installed games from the comfort of my bed :3

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever tried Fifa 12/13 on a PC? Sucks ballzzzzzzz

But reasons why u should:

1: Graphic wise its the best price/quality, to get the same Graphics as a Xbox360 you are gonna need a beast of a computer (aprox 1200$)
    2: Xbox and PS3 both have DVD players build in, so u buy a console AND a dvd player at the same time.
    3: Playstation allow u to browse online (Flatscreen pron without HDMI/Svideo/Scart Cable!)
    4: Games are the same price so no difference there
    5: Personally i like the feel of a console better than clicking a mouse and hitting a keyboard

6: PC gamers are often more geeky, this 1 is gonna make alot of people rage but ill explain why thats a bad thing.

Morals and ethics aside, in real life it all comes down to who u know. I dont hate geeky people, without them there woulnd be cool people, but overall they dont do very well in real life. When PC gaming (lets say GW2 or WoW) U will end up meeting more geeky people, wich will become ur own lifestyle because people adapt to their environment. And then u become a RL outcast urself.

PS3 / Xbox360 have more casual gamers and ur more likely to encounter people considered casual or even socially renown, again the adapting nature of men, u will end up being that way = profit IRL.

1. Graphics wise there is hardly any difference, if any at all. My PC didn't cost $1200, I played Fifa 12 on it and now play Fifa 13 on my xbox, I see no difference in graphics.
    2. Computers have DVD players too, heh. And guess what, you can download 100 different free programs to watch your DVD's. That's that point debunked.
    3. Computers can go online too, and most graphics cards in the last years have a means of connecting up to a TV from the last years.
    4. What? PC games are mostly cheaper, at least they are here. Amazon.co.uk sells Fifa 13 for PC for ~£30 and for xbox and ps3 its ~£40. There is practically always a price difference between PC version of games and console version, and the PC version is always cheaper.

5. That's your opinion, not sure what it's doing in a list of reasons why consoles are better.
    6. Again, your opinion, not a fact, although it did make me laugh. Ever played CoD online on xbox? You seriously call these people more casual and socially renown lol?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    1. Graphics wise there is hardly any difference, if any at all. My PC didn't cost $1200, I played Fifa 12 on it and now play Fifa 13 on my xbox, I see no difference in graphics.
    2. Computers have DVD players too, heh. And guess what, you can download 100 different free programs to watch your DVD's. That's that point debunked.
    3. Computers can go online too, and most graphics cards in the last years have a means of connecting up to a TV from the last years.
    4. What? PC games are mostly cheaper, at least they are here. Amazon.co.uk sells Fifa 13 for PC for ~£30 and for xbox and ps3 its ~£40. There is practically always a price difference between PC version of games and console version, and the PC version is always cheaper.

5. That's your opinion, not sure what it's doing in a list of reasons why consoles are better.
    6. Again, your opinion, not a fact, although it did make me laugh. Ever played CoD online on xbox? You seriously call these people more casual and socially renown lol?

for number 5 don't forget that you can get a 360 controller for PC and convert PS3/Wii controllers to work with PC too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    Wha? I can't get shit for any game I try to sell, whether it's for PC or console. Maybe some old nintendo games but other than that.. :s
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Good games.

If PC had all of my favorite games, I would strictly be a PC gamer. I own every current gen console (and have a pretty decent PC.) and that's where most of my favorite games are. Metal Gear Solid, Red Dead, Halo, Zelda, and some other Nintendo IPs.

Ever tried Fifa 12/13 on a PC? Sucks ballzzzzzzz

I have encountered more 360 fratboys and 10 year olds on Xbox Live than I have "geeky" PC gamers. Besides, who cares if someone want's to be geeky? It's there life style. And no, it's not a fact. A fact would be saying apples are a fruit. Saying that PC gamers are more "geeky" is an opinion.
    Last edited by Lancer; 2012-10-09 at 04:52 PM.

PC Games do look better; but then again you can't compare one system setup to the consoles. Some may have a different motherboard, VGA card, processor, RAM, etc. Of those or other parts; one or two may be flawed, drivers may be flawed. There's TONS of diversity with PC configurations; whereas there is only one per X360 and one per PS3. Don't forget that for some games, .INI files can be edited and tweaked for even more performance and quality.

The reason in those demonstrations showed the PS3 behind, is because many developers (many of which even admitted) develop FIRST on the X360 dev kits, therefore PS3 second due to its challenging technology (cell processor) and PC as a port lastly if they even decide to do that.
    Last edited by goombatommy; 2012-10-09 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Are YOU going to add anything constructive to this thread or continue to try and pass your thoughts and opinions off as facts?
    That person was very rudely replied to and you reply with another rude remark... A lot of people are putting biased anecdotes rather than fact checked information here. Its ok. People are entitled to their opinions =D

For me I like the idea of console gaming since its more social. You can have party games and invite someone over without them having to lug over a computer. It seems cheaper. Buy a console once and it lasts for 5+ years and plays all the games released for it. Theres pros and cons to console vs pc but the #1 reason to play a particular format is the exclusives. I already play the PC and despite the benefits of consoles if all the games I wanted to play could be for a pc and run on my computer than I would probably never touch a console. However thats not likely to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason to buy a console, if you already have a worthwhile gaming PC, would be for console specific exclusives.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-10-09 at 04:58 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to cost, a console will always be cheaper.

Above people have said you can buy a 360 or PS3 for about $200, Or you can buy a PC for $400-$1200 depending on the quality and life span you are looking for.

The one thing i don't see enough of in this thread is people taking about software and driver updates. Some gamers are not IT Specialists. Some have no idea how to install a driver (or even what one is for that matter) People with little IT knowledge will tear their computers up, fill it with bloatware and crap and then have games that run like absolute crap. Or you can buy a console like PS3 or 360 and have your games work 100% of the time with no user interaction other than inserting a disk and enjoying their game.

Sometimes it just comes down to cost and convenience. I have an IT background so i have all 3, PC/360/PS3, and i enjoy each of them for what games i find would be optimal on their respective platform. But not everyone is in such a position.

Remember, just because you know how to do something, doesn't mean everyone else in the world does. There are reasons people choose what they do. It's not because they are stupid, it's because they may not be interested in learning how do certain things just to play a video game.

I got a PS3 because at the time it was the same (or near to) price of a BluRay player. I can't say I've actually played any games on it other than a bit of God of War 3 and some Gran Turismo 5. I do however use the shit out of it as a media center and dvd/bluray player.