Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

YouTube will not work

Heyo,

I've had this problem for a few days now. Whenever I attempt to view a YouTube video, it always either gets stuck on the loading of it or I get the message "This video is currently unavaliable" / "A problem has occured, please try again later". I've tried updating my Flash and Java. I've tried Opera, Chrome and Firefox. I've tried deleting the caches, doing fresh installs of them, updating my antivirus, running with no addons - you name it. All videos on other sites work, it's only those on YouTube or those embed from YouTube. I've also tried running with HTML5 instead of Flash, and it did work, but only for one measly video. My girlfriend runs YouTube on her computer without any issue.

Do you guys have any idea as to what might be the problem? This is getting frustrating. Thanks. <3
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    No computer savvy people knows what might be causing this problem? It really is rather annoying.
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    You can also try to disable Firewall and/or Antivirus. If there is no other way to solve the problem then You can try to reinstall windows, but before you do that I suggest that you contact Youtube about you problem, you can contact youtube here http://www.youtube.com/t/contact_us Good luck and I hope you solve the problem, it is pretty annoying when youtube doesn't work
    Last edited by mmoc1482700bf2; 2012-10-08 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still haven't got it to work after following their support-thingy. I just have no clue what's going on, and apparently so does nobody else. Blergh. I can't really re-install my computer either as I bought it with Vista and got a free upgrade to Win7, though I don't have access to the online Win7 anymore - leaving me stuck with Vista. I'd rather not go back to that pile of poop. :P
    Armory
    Twitter

Did you try turning off your router for a bit, and then back on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try this little program http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Use it to clear all your browser memory etc, then uninstall your browser, run the program again, reinstall, and add an Adblocker, just to see if that gets it to work.

I know this is exactly as you've already done but its worth a shot

Also a reinstall of Adobe might work

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried both of the last suggested, none worked. (Had already tried them multiple times before though)

Armory
    Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking maybe it is a flash issue, go to chrome, and type in chromelugins then click +details on the far right. How many flash files do you have?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am thinking maybe it is a flash issue, go to chrome, and type in chromelugins then click +details on the far right. How many flash files do you have?
    You mean: chrome(: )plugins (just remove the brackets and the space between chrome and plugins)
    Last edited by mmoc1482700bf2; 2012-10-08 at 10:47 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess only thing to do is rewind your computer to a earlier setting that worked. If your using windows xp there is no support if i remember correctly flash stop getting updated for winxp almost a year ago
    Last edited by Danifilth; 2012-10-08 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Flash(2 files)- Versjon: 11.3.31.331
    Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

Edit: Now I can't even get www.YouTube.com to load - every time it says that the website is taking too long to respond. This only seems to be getting worse. Sigh.

Double edit: Doing a ipconfig /flushdns fixed that problem, but the video issue still stands.
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2012-10-08 at 12:18 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter

I had an issue with Youtube the other day where every video I viewed I got the message "An error has occurred, please try again later." I wasn't sure if it was because I used a proxy the day before to view some videos that were blocked in my country. I ended up going to Help > Restart with add-ons diabled and then hitting yes and resetting Firefox back to default without any add-ons. Needless to say it fixed Youtube and I just redownloaded my add-ons.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Some videos gets blocked depending on the location. It's common. And some time we mat lost out Internet Connection, then it shows, please try again later (I faced this).

Try to change the browser and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielTaylor View Post
    Some videos gets blocked depending on the location. It's common. And some time we mat lost out Internet Connection, then it shows, please try again later (I faced this).

Try to change the browser and try again.
    Are you at home or at a school or something, also does anyone else have access to your router if your are at home.

Hey mods, don't ban me for this test but, what happens when you click this link op, does it give you a download box or an error.

http://o-o---preferred---sn-tt17rn7e...0Club%20Mix%20
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-10-08 at 03:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

Edit: Now I can't even get www.YouTube.com to load - every time it says that the website is taking too long to respond. This only seems to be getting worse. Sigh.

Double edit: Doing a ipconfig /flushdns fixed that problem, but the video issue still stands.
    To to disable one of them then open a new tab and try to see if it fixes that. I have had problems myself when there are 2 flash files so I disable mine.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    To to disable one of them then open a new tab and try to see if it fixes that. I have had problems myself when there are 2 flash files so I disable mine.
    I tried that when I posted it, still nothing. I really cannot understand why it won't work, this is silly.

Any other suggestions?
    Armory
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really odd because I can ping YouTube without any issues, and everything else on the page loads completely fine - except the video stream. Ugh.
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    What browser do you use and does it work in another one like Internet explorer?

10+ Year Old Account
    As I mentioned, I've tried Firefox, Opera, IE and Chrome - both as "normal" browsers, without addons, and fresh installs. Doesn't work.
    Armory
    Twitter

Have you tried opening youtube using private browser settings or try using a online proxy?