Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    As I mentioned, I've tried Firefox, Opera, IE and Chrome - both as "normal" browsers, without addons, and fresh installs. Doesn't work.
    What does my link do for you.

Deleted
    Maybe you accidentally something on a firewall popup and blocked youtube stream from pc. Try turning firewall off n try again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    Maybe you accidentally something on a firewall popup and blocked youtube stream from pc. Try turning firewall off n try again?
    I have, it doesn't help sadly.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Couldn't connect to the page.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar issue once. Removing the internet cable from the usb slot and plugging it into another slot helped. Though flushing your dns in command prompt should do the same trick with the command: ipconfig /flushdns

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I can't re-install windows as I don't have the Win7 thingy. When I purchased this computer it came with Vista and a free online upgrade to Win7, but that can't be accessed anymore which leaves me rather stuck. I don't want to go back to using Vista. >_<"

Any idea how I can go into the Windows caore and editing the settings without breaking anything?
    Armory
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    That means you are being throttled in some way, whether its your router or isp, im not sure but that link I gave you is a directly link to the location that the video is saved on their servers. Call your isp and see if they ever censor/throttle service for any reason.

The guy who suggested flushdns was a good idea too,

Open up cmd and type "ipconfig /flushdns"

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    either your going to have to go into the core of windows and start changing settings (registry, dll's ect)

or format and reinstall windows
    No. Willing to bet you don't know what the registry does either.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-10-12 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have disabled the firewall on my computer, but not the one on my router. How would I go about doing that?

And I don't think it's my router or ISP throttling YouTubes video stream - mostly because my provider never ever throttles anything, but also because I can access YouTube on both my phone, my old crappy laptop, my girlfriends old laptop and her new laptop; all through the very same router and ISP with no issues what so ever.
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    Try the HTML5 trial perhaps? youtube.com/html5

10+ Year Old Account
    I have disabled the firewall on my computer, but not the one on my router. How would I go about doing that?

And I don't think it's my router or ISP throttling YouTubes video stream - mostly because my provider never ever throttles anything, but also because I can access YouTube on both my phone, my old crappy laptop, my girlfriends old laptop and her new laptop; all through the very same router and ISP with no issues what so ever.
    In your address bar type "http://192.168.0.1" and then login to your router.

The default for most routers should be admin and leave the password space blank.

Check to make sure that there are no filters being applied and try putting your computer's mac address in the dmz.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently also had some problems with Youtube. For me changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8 did the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try going back into Chrome's plugins (aboutlugins or chrome://plugins/), find FLASH (make sure you click the + sign next to "Details" in the top right corner to expand the menus) and disable pepperflash, as shown in the attached image.

Add me on LoL: jries
    Add me on XBL: jries1

10+ Year Old Account
    Update adobe flash, version 11.3 is a bit screwed get 11.4 instead.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-10-14 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some strange reason I can't access my router through 192.168.0.1 - this has never happened before. Will try to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 now

Can't seem to find where I change my DNS server, even though I've done it countless of times. I'm a goldfish I suppose, any pointers?
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2012-10-16 at 01:39 PM.
    Armory
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. No more tips?
    Armory
    Twitter

Have you tried using it from entirely different network/internet connection? (one that you know it works for everyone else that uses it)
    Just to rule out possibility of connection related issue from troubleshooting.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 10:56 AM ----------

For some strange reason I can't access my router through 192.168.0.1 - this has never happened before. Will try to change DNS to 8.8.8.8 now

Can't seem to find where I change my DNS server, even though I've done it countless of times. I'm a goldfish I suppose, any pointers?
    If you can't access your router, then try unplug the power of router for 10 seconds then plug back in.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2012-10-18 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    I recently also had some problems with Youtube. For me changing my DNS to 8.8.8.8 did the trick.
    This worked!

Thank you so much, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the help everyone. You're all absolutely awesome, and you have my gratitude. ^_^
    Armory
    Twitter

Maybe your fire wall or antivirus is blocking...