Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,309

    [PVP] BM hunters! What is the root problem to our "OPness"?

    As the title say, what do you think makes us so damn OP? And what do you think Blizzard will nerf?
    Would be interesting to see the hunter communities view on the matter.

    Done some forum reading and most people seem to agree that Blink strike is the cause for our high burst in PVP. I'm not convinced it is!
    My vote will go to Pet melee hits and claw as they seem to account for about 55-60% of all Hunter damage.
    I have done over 30 DPS tests all lasting around 20-22 seconds(Duration of Stampede) to see which attacks/Spells does the most damage.
    Claw ALWAYS comes out on top with 30-40% of the pet damage done, closely followed by either KC or Pet Melee.



    I'm not sure if the bonus from PVP power adds to pet damage on target dummies? If it does, the damage might be a lot higher than in screen.
    What baffles me is the amount of Melee hits and Claws the pets reach to do in a 20 second window and I think that's where the problem is.
    I'm simply amazed that my pets out dps me with miles.

    However, I think blizzard will nerf the bonus damage from Stampede and possibly making it unusable in Arena/Rbg.
    Last edited by Jevlin; 2012-10-07 at 02:27 AM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  2. #2
    not sure what you're talking about

    people complain about lynx rush more than anything else.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    not sure what you're talking about

    people complain about lynx rush more than anything else.
    Seen a few of those as well but mostly Blink strikes to my amazement.
    Think it has something to do with it being able to crit 130k+ and that blinds people from the smaller more frequent numbers.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  4. #4
    That's before resilience, of which people have ~35% more than you would have pvp power.

    I have seen healers flat out tank my damage through full cooldowns, including Silencing and Intimidation to prevent heals.
    Last edited by Neruse; 2012-10-07 at 02:39 AM.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruse View Post
    How do we know you didn't use the bugged spirit beasts for that?
    Elaborate? I have no idea what bug you are referring to. That alone probably answers your question.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Elaborate? I have no idea what bug you are referring to. That alone probably answers your question.
    Some, but not all, versions of spirit beasts either ignore resilience, ignore armor, or both. I can't test since I don't own one.

    Edit: I get ~70k claw crits on the 90 test dummies too, non-bugged pet. Stampede is actually a minority of the damage possible for its duration. Nerfing it just means Stampede goes from a "meh" pve cooldown, to something even more lackluster.

    The 130k+ Blink Strikes, or 50k+ Claw screenshots people have posted in various places are with bugged pets. Those numbers are literally double that of normal pets.
    Last edited by Neruse; 2012-10-07 at 02:49 AM.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Neruse View Post
    Some, but not all, versions of spirit beasts either ignore resilience, ignore armor, or both. I can't test since I don't own one.
    Edit: I get ~70k claw crits on the 90 test dummies too, non-bugged pet.
    I'm was using Loque'nar in my tests and that's the pet I usually use in PVP as well.
    It's not the crit damage per say that buggers me, it's the frequency at which the pets can dish them out at.

    That's before resilience, of which people have ~35% more than you would have pvp power.

    I have seen healers flat out tank my damage through full cooldowns, including Silencing and Intimidation to prevent heals.
    True but the damage would still be very high and still account for the same % of damage done as presented on the screenshot.
    Last edited by Jevlin; 2012-10-07 at 02:48 AM.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  8. #8
    Lynx Rush + Bestial Wrath + Rabid, on top of Stampede coming out.

    Other classes have OP burst as well. Frost mages are just as overpowered now, if not more, but people are used to it. Meanwhile, BM has lame damage outside of CD's.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Lynx Rush + Bestial Wrath + Rabid, on top of Stampede coming out.

    Other classes have OP burst as well. Frost mages are just as overpowered now, if not more, but people are used to it. Meanwhile, BM has lame damage outside of CD's.
    Logically, I know that BM cooldowns are bad design, but I can't bring myself to care. Other classes are absurdly unbalanced in various ways, and MM/SV are so pathetically bad that I just take satisfaction in clawing people's faces off.

  10. #10
    Considering I can do 50K sustained dps in a 2v2 arena battle using Stampede/Lynx rush/arcane shot spam as survival (with thrill of the hunt), I'd imagine the main issue for BM hunters would be the same it is for surv hunters - Stampede and Lynx rush giving too much burst in a too small window.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Considering I can do 50K sustained dps in a 2v2 arena battle using Stampede/Lynx rush/arcane shot spam as survival (with thrill of the hunt), I'd imagine the main issue for BM hunters would be the same it is for surv hunters - Stampede and Lynx rush giving too much burst in a too small window.
    Why run Survival in 2v2 when you can faceroll BM to wins? Only downside is the opposition surviving your initial burst.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Why run Survival in 2v2 when you can faceroll BM to wins? Only downside is the opposition surviving your initial burst.
    Because I wanted 8 wins for my CP neck (I don't do pvp, but pve upgrades? Fuck yea, I'm there), and by the time we'd won 6 in a row, I realised I was still survival. none of them had managed to kill us once (silencing shot + stampede + lynx rush = dead healer).

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Because I wanted 8 wins for my CP neck (I don't do pvp, but pve upgrades? Fuck yea, I'm there), and by the time we'd won 6 in a row, I realised I was still survival. none of them had managed to kill us once (silencing shot + stampede + lynx rush = dead healer).
    This comment is foreing to me. Whaaa I've been using explosive shot the whole time??

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Because I wanted 8 wins for my CP neck (I don't do pvp, but pve upgrades? Fuck yea, I'm there), and by the time we'd won 6 in a row, I realised I was still survival. none of them had managed to kill us once (silencing shot + stampede + lynx rush = dead healer).
    I went with a Holy Paladin and we went 8-0 before I realized I could get my 10 win streak achieve. We lost the next match because they outhealed my burst. Only problem I encountered with BM so far. I'm not sure what I'll spend my CP on, probably a ring though since I got the Klaxxi neck, and I'll get the Golden Lotus ring next week too.

  15. #15
    is there actual hard evidence with "bugged" pets?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenoose View Post

    This comment is foreing to me. Whaaa I've been using explosive shot the whole time??
    The difference between explosive shot and kill command is non-existant. It's your main nuke at a 6 second cooldown ;_;. Besides, I don't even think about the attacks I use anymore, muscle memory .

  17. #17
    Hunter pets are bugged, reason why :

    They ignore resilience and scale of pvp power. Leave the first part out and their dmg will be tuned. It's obviously not gonna get fixed before 5.1 though.

    I do like going 3s with 3xbm and just stampeding one target to death. Especially warriors, even though their selfhealing is damn OP at current stage.

  18. #18
    i asked for evidence, i know what the theory behind bugged pets are.

  19. #19
    Readiness + having a pet with heroism/bloodlust, but SHHHHHHHHHH don't bring up that we are OP lest we be nerfed

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    i asked for evidence, i know what the theory behind bugged pets are.
    It's common sense, these pets shouldn't be critting that much, and stampede shouldn't really get a healer from 100%->0% in a second.

    That's obviously bugged, you don't need more proof than that. Stampede like army, will probably be removed for arena's in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •