Poll: Do you like the Reputation system?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you like the Reputation system?

As it currently stands, you have to grind dailies for reputation to unlock some valor rewards.

Personally, I like it.
    You're not getting free epics, you have to work towards getting them and you actually feel like you've accomplished something once you're honored/revered/exalted.

Note: I'm only talking about the Mists of Pandaria reputation system, not any old factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it for my main, yes, but I'll never do most of these dailies on my alts. Shit just takes too long to care about it (and I honestly don't care to fit my alts in 489 offset pieces). Besides, that's what LFR is for.

The friendship system can go back to the drawing board as far as I'm concerned though. Its Repception and I hate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    I like it for my main, yes, but I'll never do most of these dailies on my alts. Shit just takes too long to care about it (and I honestly don't care to fit my alts in 489 offset pieces). Besides, that's what LFR is for.

The friendship system can go back to the drawing board as far as I'm concerned though. Its Repception and I hate it.
    I agree, I won't be doing them much on my alts. But on my main, I enjoy them.

Once you've unlocked the items, they've become obselete. Making the faction grind kinda pointless. Not to mention, I get home from work, start doing dailies, raid for 4 hours, do a few more dailies after raid, go to bed. I do the dailies cause of necessity incase I need those items down the road cause my experience has taught me I'll be unlucky with drops. Been playing quite a lot since MoP came out, have had fun aprox 5% of the time... I go on expecting it to get better, but this system can hardly be called 'good'.

I'm fine with rep being gained through dailies. What I don't like is that EVERY rep is gained through dailies. (Well okay the turtle mounts are with a tabard but all the relevant Pandaria reps are through dailies.) Is it too much to ask for some variety? Maybe some that are exclusively through dailies, some from a tabard, some from grinding mobs or turn-ins, etc.

I like that Blizzard is looking to give players more to do each day. The problem I see with the current status of the dailies is that they feel mandatory (for progression minded players) instead of optional. Pet battles, farming, cooking trees etc, feel more optional and at the very least I only feel compelled to do them on my main character. The rep grind which looks to be weeks or months is required to progress every alt I have. Being as some days I only have 30-60 minutes to play, it kinda sucks feeling like I have to spend all my hobby time grinding dailies. There's lots of other fun stuff to do in the game, and I haven't been able to try any of them yet.

I like the current system, it's just a little slow and grindy (Golden Lotus at least).

I'm spending ~80% of my playtime rep grinding on my main, which I hate doing. This isn't fun. There's a bunch of other stuff I'd rather be doing but I have to get the rep crap out of the way first.

mostly i do like it except for the part where you have to get revered with golden lotus to do august celestials and shado pan. I mean if you're a raider by the time you get revered with august or shado pan you wouldnt need the epics and therefore the mount are the only useful things to get from them. also as a healer it takes me more than an hour to clear all my dailies so to also have an alt doing dailies would take too much of my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    The thing is in another week everyone will be exalted with all the reps they want and in a few weeks you won't be doing them at all and will be whining about how bored they are again.

well except for elder tokens i believe ppl would still do dailies just for that to get bonus rolls

Deleted
    No, give me back my f*cking tabard to get rep...I hate doing dailies unless, unless they find a way that I don't have to repeat the same quest atleast for a week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonç View Post
    You're not getting free epics, you have to work towards getting them and you actually feel like you've accomplished something once you're honored/revered/exalted.
    I agree with this part, but I think it was handled poorly. Doing nothing but dailies is boring, unimaginative, lazy, repetitive and grindy.

No i outright hate it to the guts. Doing dailies dosent feel like achieving something to me at all. Its just running 25 Quests a day so easy, boring and generic my dog could do them with some training (but that would fall under animal cruelty i think). This hurts my soul so horrible bad i think ill have to go without any rep this expansion. I never managed to finish oracel / netherdrakes and now the whole rep system is build around this tortures crime of "game design". Why no weeklys/weekly cap? Seriously forcing me to play 7 days a week to stay competitiv is the biggest fuck you ive gotten from blizz in quiet a while, really i cant see how anybody can like this disgrace of motivation system. Compared to this even grinding 1000s of bugs for entering AQ seems fun and that was really bad already :x
    tl;dr: Why you torture me Blizz? : (

Yes I like it, but only for my main. It's nice to work hard towards getting those epics instead of getting them handed to me, and the dailies give me something to do other than running Heroics.

But I would never grind out that reputation ever again on an alt. That's just too painful, and in my opinion I'd give up those epics if it means not having to grind reputation for a second time.

So I think Blizzard needs to keep reputation the same on all your characters.

It takes less than hour to do all the dailies available, minus the 3 1% drop rare fish quests for Nat. Doing them with a guild mate or two makes them go even faster. You will also be able to upgrade the valor gear to higher ilvls later on. If you have at least revered with your main, your alts rep up faster when they do them.

Here's my problem with dailies, everyday for an hour or two we would do dungeons together to EARN valor together. Now we SEPERaTELY do dailies. That is not fun for us.

I also hate spending that an hour cueing up as dps and running a heroic pug for 30 valor. At that rate I would have to do 32 heroics to get valor cap for the week. If I net the person responsible for that I would Ook them in the Dooker. I play a warlock main and I would bear tank for my guild when our main tank was not online and now with the horrible valor grind I can't gear up my main and my alt unless I divorce my wife and quit my job so I can move into my parents basement.

It should require effort to earn valor but it should not have to be my job to do it with an alt.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    It takes less than hour to do all the dailies available, minus the 3 1% drop rare fish quests for Nat. Doing them with a guild mate or two makes them go even faster. You will also be able to upgrade the valor gear to higher ilvls later on. If you have at least revered with your main, your alts rep up faster when they do them.
    This is not true, I get an hour on most days and you certainly can not do all the dailies in one hour. As a casual I have to pick my battles and I get 3 sets of faction dailies done in an hour. Cloudseekers, tillers and Klaxxi. On the weekends I get more time and I farm heroics and complete all the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    I'm spending ~80% of my playtime rep grinding on my main, which I hate doing. This isn't fun. There's a bunch of other stuff I'd rather be doing but I have to get the rep crap out of the way first.
    This. I work 6 days a week and the time I spend playing is mostly taken up doing these stupid ass dailies when I would rather be doing other things. I'm fine with doing dailies for 1 maybe 2 factions, but the fact that you have to do them for ALL the factions just to even be able to spend your valor is a joke.

And to all those people who play 10 hours a day saying "good, no more free epics" it's not like it takes any skill or effort what so ever to do dailies, all it does is force people who don't have that much time to do something they don't enjoy. If you enjoy doing dailies good for you, I'm glad you get to play the area of the game you enjoy every day. And no it's just a matter of don't do them if you don't enjoy them because if you want to get anywhere with most crafting professions and keep up with guildies in terms of gearing for raiding you are forced to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Here's my problem with dailies, everyday for an hour or two we would do dungeons together to EARN valor together. Now we SEPERaTELY do dailies. That is not fun for us.

I also hate spending that an hour cueing up as dps and running a heroic pug for 30 valor. At that rate I would have to do 32 heroics to get valor cap for the week. If I net the person responsible for that I would Ook them in the Dooker. I play a warlock main and I would bear tank for my guild when our main tank was not online and now with the horrible valor grind I can't gear up my main and my alt unless I divorce my wife and quit my job so I can move into my parents basement.

It should require effort to earn valor but it should not have to be my job to do it with an alt.
    Dont do the dailies separately and they will go much faster. Queue with a tank or healer and get instant queues.

I think the real isse is people are used to getting purples really fast and with the rep requirements they have to actually do something and wait a little while.

Deleted
    I like the system, but I think it could be improved by not having it cover everything.

I liked classics Argent Dawn system in that there were specific types of enemies that you killed to earn rep, having a faction based around killing Mantid / Mogu etc, rewarding rep up to a certain level from world mobs, a bit higher from dungeon ones AND having the dailies would work better - Klaxxi and the mantid mobs / dungeons would work well with that kinda system.

I also think the lesser charms should be BOA, since it's very easy to get more than 90 a week with those, when your dailies are rewarding JUST rep (after you're VP capped and have more than 90 charms) they feel less rewarding, being able to trade those charms to an alt so that they can get some re-rolls on LFR gear without having to do dailies on alts would be great.

So yeah, I think it's better than the tabard system, but I think they could improve it further by having more variety in how rep is earned and making charms BOA so the reward doesn't diminish significantly halfway through the week.

It's not bad, but could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I think the real isse is people are used to getting purples really fast and with the rep requirements they have to actually do something and wait a little while.
    The VP cap is actually a bigger barrier to gear than the rep requirements after the recent lowering, you'll get the rep needed LONG before you'll have enough VP to buy everything.