Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear Nat Pagle...

I wish to be your friend, but why do you let me try so hard? Don't you want to be my friend? I am a nice person. I just don't think you understand the defenition of the word friendship. You only wish to be my friend, if I fish hours and hours in open water, that in some cases for 50% contain fishing bones. 600+ fishing catched a day, just so you are a little more willing to be my friend. I understand you just only started accepting friends, but after hours of work, just for you, you still call me a stranger, that hurts..

Nat, I feel like the fat kid that tries to buy friend at McDonalds, but they let me buy every Happy Meal until they have the toy they want. I just dont understand what I did to you to make you play so hard to get? I dont want to be your lover.. just your friend. I'm an Angler to you know. I fished up a Shark in Orgrimmar, while in constant danger of being killed by some ugly Orc, I fished in sewers to get me a rat, found millions of coins in a fountain, pulled out an oversized turtle I can ride on and found all fish over Azeroth and Outland. I am as Salty as you can get. Isnt that worth any credit at all to you?

Therefore, if you do wish to change your standards, I will not longer try to be your friend.

Yours sincerely

If you're that salty, you'd be using lures and not complaining about getting bones.

I am using: Kalu'ak Fishing Rod +30, Fishing Lure +150, Head +5, Enchant +5 and Fishing 600, thats 790 in skill. Still catching lots of bones in Kun'Lai.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    If you're that salty, you'd be using lures and not complaining about getting bones.
    The bones in this case are not junk fish, but are simply the result of fishing in the Sha-touched waters (which is also the only place to get one of the three Nat Pagle relationship quest fish).

Deleted
    You'd think he remembers the time I slathered myself in bait and swam through a school of sharks for a beer...

At least Wrathion still called me his favourite person.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    You'd think he remembers the time I slathered myself in bait and swam through a school of sharks for a beer...

At least Wrathion still called me his favourite person.
    Tarecgosa often calls me a jewel to Azeroth, Nat just doesnt know what he is missing.

So, i did some calculation. As a human you need 70 turn-ins, providing you have the guild perk, for the rest of us, with the guild perk, its 77 fish to turn in, and for everyone without a perk or being human, its 84 turn ins.

So, it is safe to say, for most of us, it takes 77 turn-ins. The droprate of all the 3 fish are 1% in open water, so you can be unlucky like I was, but in the end, on average, it will be 1 in 100. So, it takes 7700 catches to get all the fish required to get best friends with Nat.

When fishing , you should be able to catch 4 fish per minute at best, but getting distracted, chat, changing your music etc will more likely be 3 fish per minute. 7700 devided by 3, is about 2566 minutes. That is 42 hours and 46 minutes. Of open water fishing. A good thing you can turn in stacks of fish for ironpaw tokens.

Doable within MoP, but still harsh, damn you Nat!

I've gotten 3 or 4 of the rare turnin quest fish while fishing to fill up grocery bags. If I wasn't fishing for another purpose and happened upon them anyway, there's no way I would spend hundreds of hours fishing simply for Nat's friendship.

I could be wrong or maybe they have fixed this but you can only have 1 of each quest in your bags at once as well. Upon getting them, you have to fly to Nat to turn them in.

wait until a server reset and run over to the ghost fishermen in valley of the four winds. the ancient pandaren fishing lure puts a buff on your character letting you sometimes catch extra fish and its reusable and lasts an hour. might not be much but should help a little bit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Dear Nat Pagle,

You don't want to be my friend, nor I yours.

If you see fishing in open waters, I'm going to attack you on sight, and camp your corpse.

-Me

P.S. I won the fishing contest, and destroyed your fishing pole out of spite.

Getting Best Friends with Nat is supposed to be like fishing up the turtle in previous expansions. It'll take thousands and thousands of casts to get there for most players, but you get more frequent progress rather than either getting incredibly lucky and finding it on the first day or taking years. If you try to grind it, you will feel the pain, just like the turtle.

It's an improvement, IMO. I just wish you could get the fish from pools and not just open water.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2012-10-15 at 09:41 PM.

dat nat is so mean
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    What benefits does he give for being friends with him? :S

Nat's Hat, a fishing chair, and you can buy the very expensive BoA fishing books that give your alts 50 skill points apiece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Dear Nat Pagle,

You don't want to be my friend, nor I yours.

If you see fishing in open waters, I'm going to attack you on sight, and camp your corpse.

-Me

P.S. I won the fishing contest, and destroyed your fishing pole out of spite.

<3

I loled at this...ty

I agree with what u say and it takes so long to get the Anglers and Nat Page rep to exalted it is a bit annoying, but I just found something that might make your fishing a bit faster or better.

I don't know if i am dilutional, but there seems to be a quirk. i have every pole in the game and fish a couple of hours a day just to relax. Yesterday I decided to try Nat's Lucky Fishing Pole instead of my epic Kalu'ak Fishing Rod.

I have tried every lure addition from 150 skill to 100 skill lines and additions, hats, spear,glove with 5 fishing skill added and good beer giving me more fishing skills...lol..,but since MoP i miss a lot of fish, due to the getting a strike at the final second of the cast time. I attributed that to lag.

Well, to make the story short, I used my newly acquired Nat Page Pole and immediately noticed that the fish where biting much faster and getting less trash.

I hope this helps others, but I would like a confirmation of this if someone else has felt this behavior.

P.S. : I have made a reservation on a nearby loony house just in case I am having dilutions....lmao
    (

http://www.elsanglin.com/fish/the_jade_forest.html

Sha-touched - 625
    Non-Sha-Touched - 650
    Coastal - 700

Doesnt seem difficult at all to meet the requirements not to catch trash. Just know that Desecrated Carcass and Scoured Fishbones are both fished up as normal loot from shatouched waters.

Wasn't talking about trash... that of course depends on you level and what additional item you use in order to increase your fishing level. Pandarea requires adding a special fishing hat , spear,lure, hook, worm , etc, to raise your level above the 600 + or probably 700+ limit., what i noticed was the time it took for me to fish say 100 fish with my Kaluack pole, or my Bone polel which have an extra 5 points from special fishing lines, in comparison to the new Lucky Nat Page pole, was much longer as an average.

To add to the time increase i also noticed that using the Kalu'ak Fishing Rod I would very often miss fishing anything at all due to the bite being in the last couple of seconds of the timer and my clicks would be too late to get anything at all.

I will try and fish for a few hours with both poles and keep score of the items fished to get a truer result, not based on feeling alone.

Deleted
    Meh, completely optional "grind" that offers none-valuable rewards and is gained by fishing, which is an incredibly lucrative business at the moment.

I don't see much reason to complain.