Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's an improvement, IMO. I just wish you could get the fish from pools and not just open water.
    This, and I wish the darn quest fish items were BoA. Seems like a waste of time to do so much fishing on my main, when I could also fish on alts and raise their fishing skill. It would also make lures worthwhile to use again. With 600 fishing + tournament pole + fishing line + fishing hat + fishing hat lure means I never miss any catch. On alts with lower fishing it's mostly pointless to try and fish in open waters, so I just stick to pools to gradually increase my fishing skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    buy every Happy Meal until they have the toy they want
    You can buy the toys separately for like $1.25, and you get to pick. ^.^

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh... Something tells me I'll never get exalted with him. I've fished god knows how many times leveling to 600, leveling cooking, doing cloud serpent dailies, etc, and in all those hundreds of casts I've only pulled up 1 rare fish. Nat Pagel rep can suck it.

(I just want that hat, man. It's not limited supply so I know you have a lot of them. Please? I'll pay extra for it.)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoocker View Post
    WI would very often miss fishing anything at all due to the bite being in the last couple of seconds of the timer and my clicks would be too late to get anything at all.
    God that is SO ANNOYING. It's not the "last couple seconds", it is really in the last second.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god yeah. The need to make it so there aren't bites in the last couple seconds of a cast. I usually just click anyway if it gets to the last second and hope that latency is on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Ugh... Something tells me I'll never get exalted with him. I've fished god knows how many times leveling to 600, leveling cooking, doing cloud serpent dailies, etc, and in all those hundreds of casts I've only pulled up 1 rare fish. Nat Pagel rep can suck it.
    Same here Maybe Blizz will realilze it shouldn't be *this* hard to be Nat's friend.

It's odd, some days I get all 3 within 30min, other days it takes hours and I give up. But at least you know eventually you'll have that hat!
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    If you're that salty, you'd be using lures and not complaining about getting bones.
    This.
    I don't see any issue. You are just another RNG victim. Spend some more time... like a true fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    God that is SO ANNOYING. It's not the "last couple seconds", it is really in the last second.
    Oh that's so annoying, bite in the last half second of the cast. If it didn't happen regularly I wouldn't mind so much, but nearly half the casts seemed. Now that I have 600 fishing skill it's a bit less, but before that I missed quite a lot of fish because of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    and there is normally 2 toys each week, so you'd need to buy 2 per week, usually the very last week says that all available, but its actually whatever is left over =p

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For your information I'm pretty sure the drop rates of quest item varies depending on where you fish in Pandaria..

Fished all 3 items up in around 10 casts each place I tried - Look up the places on wowhead and see where the fish are caught.

I only tried to fish for them one day... so I could have been extremely lucky..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    This.
    I don't see any issue. You are just another RNG victim. Spend some more time... like a true fisherman.
    Well, as stated above, Sha touched waters contain "fishing bone fish", I didnt know that when I started fishing in Pandaria. read the post after and I already explained how I am fishing.

But an RNG victim? Hell no. It takes near 8k of items catched to get exalted. You need to be really lucky to beat that 1% average drop. All the other achievements combined before MoP did not even took me that much casts.

Besides that the droprate kind of sucks, you also can not "stack" these quests, you can only have 1 of each in your bags/bank. So you cant just fish a few hours on a good spot, and save them up, nope, it requires you to fish another day. Another downside is that they can only be caught in open water, where 50-60% of the fish is either golden carp or the useless bones.

Fishing is a grind, I can live with that, but almost 43 hours of fishing (not even the useful pools) is just a little to much. Nat is just being a dick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    what??? us people arent allowed to pick the toy of the happy meal? eu is allowed to :-P

Yea, I have to admit that Nat Pagle rep gain is quite brutal. Good that I'm gonna get Best friend tomorrow, this grind became quite boring in the end. Afterall, I got alot of cooking tokens from the redeemed fish, so, not bad
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-10-20 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    what??? us people arent allowed to pick the toy of the happy meal? eu is allowed to :-P
    I remember being allowed to choose my toy, or ask for a different one when i was a kid
    Maybe its the mcdonalds u went to