View Poll Results: Do you feel forced to complete all your dailies every day?

Voters
837. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel very forced to do all of them every single day.

287 34.29%
  • I feel a little bit pressured to do most of them.

263 31.42%
  • I don't feel pressured at all.

234 27.96%
  • I don't care about dailies. I'm not going to bother with them much.

53 6.33%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    i... just cannot seem to stop doing them...heeeelp meeeee! i need the cap again!
    Same
    10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Like said before, I am in Boston this week and if you are the big man you claim to be, come visit me. I'll PM you the hotel and room number. Let's see if you are such a hero in real life too, like you claim to be.
    [WoT] WN8: 2,219 WR: 59% [WoT]

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Noone is forcing you to do dailies.
    You choose to do them.
    Now stop whining for free handouts.
    This idea that having to grind something out means it's more rewarding needs to stop right here and now. There's nothing rewarding about doing the same thing over and over and over again until you get lucky (RNG) or until you get enough points to reach the next level. It's not a feeling of "Oh yes I finally got X" it's more like "Thank God I never have to do this again on this character". It's not "whining for free handouts", it's not wanting to do what amounts to menial busywork day in and day out (the equivalent to working in McDonalds or some other boring, tedious minimum wage job). Having to spend weeks doing the same handfuls of quests doesn't make the end result feel better, it's artificial garbage thrown in to keep you paying another month.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291

I feel forced to do Golden Lotus dailies, and I already hate them. The reputation gain is very slow, and it's required to do Shado-pan and August Celestials later on. I want to do Order of the Cloud Serpent dailies, and I don't mind them so much. The reputation gain is also much better per quest than GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I actually feel forced to do them, However I am after items which come from each rep, Such as enchants, Mounts etc. I also hate seeing reps not at exalted
    DAM THOSE LITTLE BARS! I cannot have just 1 or 2 not full!

The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    In terms of people doing progression and such then yeah you're forced and such especially low tier guilds, The more gear you have obviously the better you will do ~points at Elgelon like you honestly truly don't really need to do them however it ''helps'' in most ways.

Up until today I did them every day. Then I unlocked ANOTHER Golden Lotus hub and was like "screw that hub" and ended up not doing Klaxxi either(doesn't matter, 1 set away from Revered and don't have enough VP to buy anything yet anyway).
    So now it'll just be Tillers every day, and others when I feel like it. Especially now that I'm most likely rerolling either Brewmaster or Blood, I just won't bother with non-Tiller dailies unless I feel like doing them.
    Probably gonna get them all exalted at some point just for the achievements/mounts, but I won't rush there.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    VP caps out at 3000 you will easily be able to cap this out when LFR / Raiding gets under way propperly.
    Raid bosses don't give valor anymore I thought? Been doing my dailies every other day or so.

Solution to problem ... serial, not parallel.

People who are doing 100 dailies a day are going to burn out within a week of release.

I'm leaving several of the dailies until later ... staying around 10-15 dailies when I feel like it each day.

Blizzard have made all the required stuff at Revered not exalted, so take your time courtesy of Blizzard.

Realize that at some point, this rep grind is going to be nerfed like all intense rep grinds are, and it's not going to be as strenuous on down the road. The only people feeling "forced" right now are those who feel like they'll lose their raid spot/friends/omgachievementpointcelebritystatus if they don't do their dailies RIGHT NOW THIS VERY INSTANT.

I'm doing Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Tillers, and Anglers right now, but I've skipped a few days of Klaxxi and a couple of days of Golden Lotus. I'm not really worried about the sky serpents for awhile because they don't have anything other than new mounts that's profitable for professions or gear upgrade worthy. Plus it'll give me something to do later when I'm exalted with all the other factions and everyone's whining about having nothing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Unfortunately for you, dictionaries are not authorities on the definitions of words.
    Ezekiel 23:20, Ezekiel 16:49-50, Mark 10:25, James 5:1-6, Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 19:21, Numbers 5:11-31

Without a doubt I feel forced....sadly, I can only actually bring myself to do about 20. Any more and I may go insane, even though I know I'm losing time every day =(

Just don't do 100 daily quests every day if you don't feel like it. And don't forget to breathe any time you feel you're running out of air and passing out. It's feels so good to be in control!

I am 100% forced!

The only way you can get enchant for braces is too grid stinking dailys. (enchant scrool costs 50000g on server)

I dont understand why they cant make the receptes bind on accaunt so i can simply send them to alts. Do the grid once then F*?$=! it.

I'm gonna guess it's mainly people in semi-hardcore and above raiding guilds that feel pressured. I've gotten a bit of shit from my guild for not doing them every day, but the expansion also happened to get released during my mid-terms, and homework comes above raiding.
    So yeah, personally I feel very pressured to do them, but at this point I'm only really one piece of gear behind everyone else (stupid helm won't drop from Siege >.<) so I'm not letting myself worry about them TOO much. I'm doing them when I have time, and I'm chaining heroics when I have time, and just keep hoping they understand that.
    You know nothing of the crunch!

When I need a little extra cash and don't feel like mining, I'll just go back and do the Tol Barad dailies like before. Unless an interesting Horde vs Alliance set of dailies comes, that is. Either way, I have no interest in reputation, and won't be grinding out any of it. As long as I can get gems and enchants for my honor and conquest gear at reasonable prices, I'm set.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    This idea that having to grind something out means it's more rewarding needs to stop right here and now. There's nothing rewarding about doing the same thing over and over and over again until you get lucky (RNG) or until you get enough points to reach the next level. It's not a feeling of "Oh yes I finally got X" it's more like "Thank God I never have to do this again on this character". It's not "whining for free handouts", it's not wanting to do what amounts to menial busywork day in and day out (the equivalent to working in McDonalds or some other boring, tedious minimum wage job). Having to spend weeks doing the same handfuls of quests doesn't make the end result feel better, it's artificial garbage thrown in to keep you paying another month.
    In Cata you complained there was nothing to do and now there's too much to do. Some people are never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    So many people complain about feeling forced to do whatever the initial gear grind is for whatever expansion/patch, and most of them end up getting cock blocked at some point during a tier of raid content, or just burn out.

What I have to ask is... why.

I did the whole MUST GEAR UP ASAP thing and FORCED myself to do all this stuff in vanilla, BC, and Wrath. Ever since cata I've taken a whole new approach to WoW and MMOs in general. It's going to be there for me tomorrow, and the next day, why consume it? The whole race and competition feeling of getting the highest world ranking possible is all fake, so what's the point of consuming the content ASAP? Most people won't understand this, I know I didn't for the longest time, and many people will just tell me I don't understand, but I've been there, and I've done that.

If you don't feel like doing dailies one day, don't do them. You'll thank yourself for it later.
    My experience is 100% the same. If you feel forced to do EVERYTHING right NOW, blame yourself for putting yourself in such a situation, not Blizzard for creating too much content. Just try to forget about maxing your character day 1 at all costs, and instead do whatever you really feel like doing. I wish somebody had convinced me of that earlier, wouldn't have wasted so much life during WotLK.
    Last edited by Disastrous; 2012-10-07 at 03:09 PM. Reason: how do I english

i see no pressure

most of the ppl doing it now are the hcore that want bis gear to start raiding etc...

in 2patches all the current gear and dailies will be absolute...

only thing good about the dailies is that you can camp spots for world pvp, but i havnt done 1 daily myself
    disturbed alot of them tho...

Scarab Lord
    I do feel somewhat forced but not enough to actually do them all daily. I try to do Golden Lotus when I can.

The good thing about this is that once we hit the desired levels of reputation and buy those very few items we will no longer have to do them so VP will become worthless soon too... Currently I hate the model but I don't bitch too much about it because it's a few weeks worth of dailies and then it stops.

Very much so yes. I mean if I plan on spending the valor I do earn (at the piddling miniscule rate that I do earn it) then yea I basically have to do dailies. Every one saying you don't is basically saying you don't need to raid DS with the buff on. Well how many of you turned it off? Or how many of you guys felt OPTIONAL to do lfr in you raid guilds? We all know raids abused the shit out of it because it was s good. You all whined about running 4 raids back in wotlk because you all felt FORCED but you don't feel forced with dailies? The extension of the argument that you don't need it is that I don't need to play the game. In fact as someone on the forum posted "Saying something is a "choice" when it is the most efficient way is like saying "you can choose not to play if you want to"; it is applying the semantically literal version of the word to substantiate a completely irrational point of view. Choice, in this case, implies that doing EITHER should be equally effective. The reality is that doing anything less than both is significantly LESS effective." Well that's very true I don't need to play the game but that's hardly not something you want to run around telling your customers. The more you tell people not to do something the more likely they won't and then they'll turn around and say I'm bored what should I do now?

What's bizarre is that Blizzard knows this is the case in so many other instances. I read a tweet from ghostcrawler where he says "Weapons are so attractive, that every PvE player would buy an Honor weapon". Okay well you recognize if you make something attractive everyone will do it. So why do you think people won't do it, and wouldn't feel like they had to do it if you put such good rewards behind the reputation and make the only way to gain that reputation through dailies? It's like all fucking sanity and logic went out the window or something
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-07 at 03:39 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Honestly I don't feel pressured at all ... I'm doing them because:

1. I actually find them enjoyable except for the odd Daily which just sucks balls.

2. I want all the Reps to Exalted for Achievements

3. I want all the Mounts/Patterns/Pets etc, that go with associated factions

I think if I ever feel pressured to do Dailies, it will be when we are progressing through Heroic Content and I am Exalted with every faction BUT I still need those Elder Charms to have a shot at the extra gear. IF it ever reaches that stage, then that will be pressured content and it won't be good, and I'm hoping it doesn't get like that.

I think by the time I'm exalted with every faction though I'll have enough Lesser Charms to last me like 3-4 months of Elder Charm hand ins :S