View Poll Results: Do you feel forced to complete all your dailies every day?

Voters
837. You may not vote on this poll
  • I feel very forced to do all of them every single day.

287 34.29%
  • I feel a little bit pressured to do most of them.

263 31.42%
  • I don't feel pressured at all.

234 27.96%
  • I don't care about dailies. I'm not going to bother with them much.

53 6.33%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I don't feel forced or pressured at all.
    I do it of my own free will because I want to be on top, and help out the guild with Black Peppers.
    No Envy, No Fear

I dont really feel forced into it because I'm looking forward to rewards each rep provides at exalted, mostly the mounts
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I don't feel forced because every faction has a pretty cool reward at the end of it.
    The Tillers I need just so I can grow the cabbages for my buff food.
    Anglers I want the water raft and the fishing poles.
    Cloud Serpent I want my own Cloud Serpent.
    Klaxxi because I want the Scorpion.
    Golden Lotus so I can open up Shado Pan and August Celestials to get those mounts.

I'm a pretty hardcore completionist, and I tend to get every faction to exalted anyway. For me I prefer dailies rather than grinding mobs or drops to turn in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I don´t get why people feel forced. You don´t have enough valor yet to buy much anyway. And even if you are very sluggish about doing dailies, your VP will probably never catch up.. and at some point in a month, you will have the raid drops anyway, so won´t even want to buy the rep stuff.

I am doing GL and tillers at the moment. I also do a daily scenario and sometimes a heroic. That is way more than enough to get me to 1000VP per week, which is the only thing that is important. I like the tillers because once you have 16 plots, you can really grow some nice stuff.

Once I am done with tillers and GL, I will probably move onto one more gear rep and probably anglers. You really only need to do one gear rep at a time because the slow rate of gaining valor.

It's fuckin hilarious when they said at blizzcon that "we want give people options to play game how they want to play it" and then they force to grind dailys what only give 100 rep / quest.. really really retarded decisions they make sometimes. If they really wanted people to "play game how they want to play" they would have given tabards that would grant rep about same amout that you would get doing daily quests. That way you could truly choose what you want to do.. but obviously they cant do that, because they're stupid.

It seems that the people who say these things are not informed by the people who create it...... really they are not communicating with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    This idea that having to grind something out means it's more rewarding needs to stop right here and now. There's nothing rewarding about doing the same thing over and over and over again until you get lucky (RNG) or until you get enough points to reach the next level.
    This.. Truly rewarding things are hc raiding and top arena, there you must execute everything almost perfectly to succeed. Grinding dailys - now that's an activity every gimp with enough time can do, it's nothing but a mindless grind and every sane enough person agrees with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    This.. Truly rewarding things are hc raiding and top arena, there you must execute everything almost perfectly to succeed. Grinding dailys - now that's an activity every gimp with enough time can do, it's nothing but a mindless grind and every sane enough person agrees with that.
    Seems like you really don't like people having different opinions than yourself. Have you ever considered that many people playing this game do not require it to be "truly rewarding".....because it is just a game. So doing things that do not actually require a ton of thought is actually relaxing and enjoying, which might be all they are looking to get from the game.

Just something you may want to consider before you start calling others "gimp" and "not sane".

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    This idea that having to grind something out means it's more rewarding needs to stop right here and now. There's nothing rewarding about doing the same thing over and over and over again until you get lucky (RNG) or until you get enough points to reach the next level. It's not a feeling of "Oh yes I finally got X" it's more like "Thank God I never have to do this again on this character". It's not "whining for free handouts", it's not wanting to do what amounts to menial busywork day in and day out (the equivalent to working in McDonalds or some other boring, tedious minimum wage job). Having to spend weeks doing the same handfuls of quests doesn't make the end result feel better, it's artificial garbage thrown in to keep you paying another month.

Haha, whoa now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This is the way MMOs have been for well over 12 years now. That's the way we want it. I didn't buy the game for an interactive chat room or as a 10minute a day iPhone game with a sub fee. I bought it for the experience and that involves an extreme dedication. We ALL know that the people with more time achieve things faster and more power to them. We knew what we were getting into when we signed up.

Used to be that MMOs were pretty reserved for people with the time to put into them and those who didn't have that time at least knew where they'd stand in the progress timeline. At least be satisfied that WoW has taken that down about a dozen notches on the time-per-day scale and still remains enjoyable.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I actually feel forced to do them, However I am after items which come from each rep, Such as enchants, Mounts etc. I also hate seeing reps not at exalted
    Same here. I don't particularly care about the gear, just want the rep and the luxury items. I'm a little OCD I suppose so because I CAN do the dailies I feel I HAVE to.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Seems like you really don't like people having different opinions than yourself. Have you ever considered that many people playing this game do not require it to be "truly rewarding".....because it is just a game. So doing things that do not actually require a ton of thought is actually relaxing and enjoying, which might be all they are looking to get from the game.
    It's not about that.. but they didnt give and option like tabards to grind the rep, dailys are only source u can get the rep for the factions other source being the Hozen Pipe, but that u can use only once a week. So they kinda forced to do daily q to do factions, so thats why it's retarded. It's not about the daily qs, but about that they didnt give an option.
    Last edited by Malenurse; 2012-10-08 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    It's not about that.. but they didnt give and option like tabards to grind the rep, dailys are only source u can get the rep for the factions other source being the Hozen Pipe, but that u can use only once a week. So they kinda forced to do daily q to do factions, so thats why it's retarded.
    I can absolutely agree with this. Tabards which allowed you to get equivalent rep from daily quests, dungeons, and more would be ideal and allow flexilibilty to gain rep by doing something you enjoy.

I have set myself one goal for MoP. I won't do a single daily quest. I don't care if it sets me behind, I find it insulting and the most cheap-ass way for blizzard to make content which keeps you coming back, not because you want to play but because you feel obligated to. Frankly the idea of dailies sickens me.

Once I hit revered, im not gonna bother with them that much anymore.
    So I haven't felt forced at all.
    Atleast I got something to do now, other than afking in a "city".

Pandaren Monk
    I don't feel forced to do them... I would do them anyway. The rep is the only thing that would force you to do them and it's going by pretty fast.

I've not seen a group other then the Tillers that has anything to offer me, so why would I feel compelled to do their dailies?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I've not seen a group other then the Tillers that has anything to offer me, so why would I feel compelled to do their dailies?
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32016

A must for any serious raider