Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    yeah I just spent 500g to create 10 inks for one card. This will be expensive.
    Wait, 500g = 1 card?

    I believe that 8 cards = 1 deck?

    That means the net value of a deck is 500*8=4000g... And they sell for 100k+? Something seems off o.0

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Wait, 500g = 1 card?

    I believe that 8 cards = 1 deck?

    That means the net value of a deck is 500*8=4000g... And they sell for 100k+? Something seems off o.0
    1 day CD on one of the items to make a card and 1/32 chance of getting a specific card. Prices go well, well up if you factor these into the equation.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    More effort? Seriously, I'd be glad if the Serpent Deck wouldnt be probably still BiS in T15 - with a cost of 250.000 Gold. These decks are retarded.

    WotLK deck = 30k
    Cata deck = 45k
    MoP deck = 250k+

    -_-
    I have never seen the DMF trinkets selling for this much in either Wotlk (20k), Cata (30k) and now MoP (100k/10k for Oxen) on my server. It's still expensive but hey, at least the Agility Tiger Deck is one of the top trinkets for Brewmasters this tier.

  4. #24
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    210
    How our guild did it, and that only totalled in 2 completed decks (and some uncompleted onces) as of yet (tigers/crane) is get help from friends/alts on the daily cds and supply the mats required to mill the starlight ink.

    2 down, 9 more to go.. (1 sitout dps and 2 offspec dps)

    :P

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    1 day CD on one of the items to make a card and 1/32 chance of getting a specific card. Prices go well, well up if you factor these into the equation.
    Allright, makes sense, but still feels like a ridiculous profit to me. Its still 96k profit in lets say 2 weeks including all the card trading, ignoring the tank deck cards. I havnt made 96k within 2 years >.>

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Allright, makes sense, but still feels like a ridiculous profit to me. Its still 96k profit in lets say 2 weeks including all the card trading, ignoring the tank deck cards. I havnt made 96k within 2 years >.>
    500g for one card isn't accurate either.

    Each card takes 1 daily CD + 10 starlight ink to make. The average cost of starlight ink on US servers is currently 450g each (source - Undermine Journal). Making a card therefore costs 4.5k of mats + daily CD per card. That makes each deck cost the scribe ~36k of mats + 8 days of CDs, a simplification which also ignores the problem that cards are a random chance to proc, you aren't guaranteed the card you actually want any time soon, so most people selling decks are also buying cards from others to supplement their own to complete decks, again raising the cost for the seller.

    Since many cards (hai ox deck) sell for less than mats cost, some days are totally loss making for example, although to be fair it does balance out to a decent profit overall, but not a completely unreasonable one given the short window of time in which cards are relevant.

    The person guesstimating 500g is most likely farming their own mats, or being given herbs, and is not counting that opportunity cost of using those herbs the way that they are.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-10-08 at 01:59 PM.

  7. #27
    The oxen trinket got hotfixed tonight, adding 1434 stamina.

    Expect a rise in both demand and price.

  8. #28
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,089
    Managed to snag almost all the cards for ~1,000g each before the prices are now at 4,000g. Just need one more card to complete the deck.

    On that end, how much are you all planning to list the deck for?

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Managed to snag almost all the cards for ~1,000g each before the prices are now at 4,000g. Just need one more card to complete the deck.

    On that end, how much are you all planning to list the deck for?
    If people are as willing to buy as they are for DPS trinkets, anywhere from 50-100k depending on server.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #30
    Still not super-great but at least it beats the Brewfest trinket now. Wish it was on-use Mastery. Debating using it as a prot pally but leaning towards selling the deck I got for 10k.

  11. #31
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If people are as willing to buy as they are for DPS trinkets, anywhere from 50-100k depending on server.
    Sadface. One is on the AH now for 40,000g. If I manage to finish a deck before DMF ends, I think I'll wait till the faire is over before listing.

    On an unrelated note - stop giving me Six of Oxen! *shakes fists*

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  12. #32
    I made 7 scribes for this purpose, got 6x 3 of Oxen in my first batch of 40 cards.

    Traded Oxen cards away last night, as many as 6:1 to get the tiger's decks my guildies needed for the raid that evening.

    Log in this morning to find that the Oxen deck is actually useful for my tank >.<

    /NERDRAGE

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Sadface. One is on the AH now for 40,000g. If I manage to finish a deck before DMF ends, I think I'll wait till the faire is over before listing.

    On an unrelated note - stop giving me Six of Oxen! *shakes fists*
    The trinkets are BoE, you can turn a deck in yourself at this fair and then sell the trinket later. People aren't really going to want a deck that they can't turn in/use for a month, they will always want the useable trinket though.

    Also mmochamp + mobile AH you made my day. I managed to pick up an extra ~5 decks of oxen cards for ~35k, and to pull down my cheaper decks before they sold at previous prices over my lunchbreak! Strange that there was no warning this was coming though. Reward for those of us that kept our cards I guess.

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    I for one am happy I don't have to spend the eleventy billion gold on one of those things personally. Can't say the same for our DPS'ing/Healing friends.
    Dear gold why did you spend 1 gold on it? The deck is worst in slot for every tank.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 04:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    \atm from brewfest too. Safest option is to make the darkmooncard something that can be disregarded.
    Oh wait, except for these.

  15. #35
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    The trinkets are BoE, you can turn a deck in yourself at this fair and then sell the trinket later. People aren't really going to want a deck that they can't turn in/use for a month, they will always want the useable trinket though.
    Yeah, I meant trinket, not deck. Oops. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Dear gold why did you spend 1 gold on it? The deck is worst in slot for every tank.[COLOR="red"]
    It's been hotfixed. It's now decent.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Sadface. One is on the AH now for 40,000g. If I manage to finish a deck before DMF ends, I think I'll wait till the faire is over before listing.

    On an unrelated note - stop giving me Six of Oxen! *shakes fists*
    Same here, I'll probably sit on my trinket until the word gets out, I expect 40k will become a steal for a lot of people when they realize the trinket is good.

    Your quickest bet is to wait until the DMF is out of town and then list, prices always tend to go up when you can't actually turn the decks in. Some people will want it NOW and will have literally no choice than to pay what trinket holders offer.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  17. #37
    The trinkets on the AH right now, don't have the +stam on them....can someone explain, or link the hotfix please?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by buckuoff View Post
    I havent made a ox card yet. And i started making cards like a day after release.
    Consider yourself ridiculously lucky then. I've made four cards total, two of which were Ox. I gave up after wasting the mats on those.

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral Rinoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an igloo.
    Posts
    1,133
    Darn, they are all 6k+ on the AH now. Woke up too late for the hotfix.

  20. #40
    Nice... left some cards to sell yesterday, ppl bought them for 200g and now they worth 5k... freaking NICE!!!!!

    I love those mistakes from blizz man...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •