Deleted

Lian Li compact casing

Hey guys

Very specific question I'm hoping someone can answer :-)

Im looking to optimize my computer - mostly in terms of sound and heat.

Im currently running:

I5-2500k
    Gigabyte GV N560OC GTX 560Ti
    16gb RAM
    Asus standard size ATX MB (can't find the excact model - but I know its standard ATX)
    1x 120GB SSD
    1x 2TB Seagate
    1x LiteOn DVDR burner
    Antec Truepower 750W PSU

Now what I'm looking at is this casing from Lian Li.
    http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product...s_index=62&g=f

My first concern is, that it is a bit small(the height of it)but it seems well vented and good posibilities of switching to watercooling(H80 Corsair).

What Im really wondering is, if anyone has experience with this particular casing or can judge from the pictures if this fit would be possible.

Any and all comments leading to further this project are welcome :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one word of advice that you may have already considered, but just be careful that the case is deep enough for that GTX 560ti. Some of those cards are monsters and cases can be deceptively sized. You might also need to take your graphics card out every time you need to get at the hard drive cage. Speaking from experience that can get annoying.

If you've got your heart set on a Lian Li then understandable, but if you're open to suggestions I'd think about something like a mid-level Fractal Design case. http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=...ory=2&prod=100 This is very similar to the one I've got, similarly styled to the Lian Li case you were looking at front-on and has some brilliant sound insulation built right in. It also has side-mounting hard drive rails... Damn handy let me tell you.

Anyways good luck with it whatever you do.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Thx for the input - I did check the GFX card size vs the 280mm they write on their webpage - not knowing if there are ifs/buts - since the GFX card has the extra power plug in the end of it - so that would add a bit of length to it.

I was really planning on going "small" with the casing - but not to a fault. If it turns out there are too many variables I cant account for, I will get a mid-size casing.

I'll check out the one you linked.

Looks like getting at the HDD's will be impossible without removing the video card on that case, which usually mean messy cable management and generally worse overall airflow. The R4 case I have built 2 systems in, with a H100 in one of them. It's a bit tight for that, but it works and it's extremely quiet and surprisingly cool. I was able to get good cable management as well. Definitely recommended if you're after a quiet, neutral case with enough room. The hard drive bays also points towards you when you open the side panel which is dead handy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    Looks like getting at the HDD's will be impossible without removing the video card on that case, which usually mean messy cable management and generally worse overall airflow. The R4 case I have built 2 systems in, with a H100 in one of them. It's a bit tight for that, but it works and it's extremely quiet and surprisingly cool. I was able to get good cable management as well. Definitely recommended if you're after a quiet, neutral case with enough room. The hard drive bays also points towards you when you open the side panel which is dead handy.
    Thx - Ive actually kinda fallen for the R4 in white - it just looks so neat

The gfx card thing was my biggest fear in regards to the Lian Li - and the R4 isnt THAT big - its only 47cm(I think it was) and my current is 54cm - so its still a good deal shorter.