Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like the quick hot fix to fix this didn't work out as planned. 1 little hacker caused a lot of problems in Azeroth today, seems the authentication issue / outage is because of the fix to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Looks like the quick hot fix to fix this didn't work out as planned. 1 little hacker caused a lot of problems in Azeroth today, seems the authentication / outage is because of the fix to stop him.
    And I'm sure he's just eating up all of the chaos this is causing. Blizzard needs to pursue the bastard legally. I can live without playing today, but if he gets away with it this time, I worry what BS hacks will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    But But....many of you here posted months back that it was wrong of blizzard to go after a German company that was selling bot programs...among other things....either you want a clean game or you don't care about bots ..hacks.... make up your mind....so don't jump down blizzards throat when they do go after botter or company that makes them...even if they are overseas..which for blizzard to go after is already dang hard enough....just like that crap about swifty...the out cry that got him off his ban...he should of stayed banned for good...I don't care how good of gamer he is ...he screwed up realms and crashed them.....and yes it was his actions ...his video and live feed that got those folks to follow him like a pied piper....
    Personally, I was one of the ones advocating Blizzard's targetting of Bot companies, private servers and what have you. It is a clear violation of the ToS, it is harmful and often quite illegal.

With the Swifty incident, I am pretty certain that he was not attempting to crash servers, but it was rather his fans, who got a little over excited over the massive amount of people that turned up for some event that Swifty had planned.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    It might have to come to that, I don't think they care at this point about being banned since this is a reaction to a friend getting banned. And it's been a while since I read about that incident but I'm sure Swifty had nothing to do with the crash, just dicks that saw how many people were there.
    Last edited by Holypowah; 2012-10-07 at 06:52 PM.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/re...ertain-realms/

Youtube video and photos there. It is real and it is or was happening. Blizzard seems to be under a hacking attack.

Glad I didn't log in this morning

10+ Year Old Account
    The beast is dead, rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskinesen View Post
    Hogger and Gamon have finnaly teamed up and are now getting their revenge! :P

LOL

well done

But But....many of you here posted months back that it was wrong of blizzard to go after a German company that was selling bot programs...among other things....either you want a clean game or you don't care about bots ..hacks.... make up your mind....so don't jump down blizzards throat when they do go after botter or company that makes them...even if they are overseas..which for blizzard to go after is already dang hard enough....just like that crap about swifty...the out cry that got him off his ban...he should of stayed banned for good...I don't care how good of gamer he is ...he screwed up realms and crashed them.....and yes it was his actions ...his video and live feed that got those folks to follow him like a pied piper....
    You'll need a list of the people who posted months back. Otherwise, you're not really speaking to anyone in particular. Blizzard should be going after both bot companies and hackers. Additionally: I'm no fan of Swifty, but blaming him for the servers being crashed is like blaming a sports team for someone being injured at one of their games. I mean, they brought the fans to the stadium, so it's their fault, right?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    heh call me a prick, but thats hilarious

This is actually Blizzard telling you all to get the fuck out of the major cities for once.

Deleted
    Terrorist attacks on virtual cities. Who'd have known that could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    That looks like Orgrimmar when Shandris Feathermoon was kited into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You'll need a list of the people who posted months back. Otherwise, you're not really speaking to anyone in particular. Blizzard should be going after both bot companies and hackers. Additionally: I'm no fan of Swifty, but blaming him for the servers being crashed is like blaming a sports team for someone being injured at one of their games. I mean, they brought the fans to the stadium, so it's their fault, right?
    It was his idea to do the pod cast and told them to come to his realm he is guilty of it just like the rest...if it hadn't been for him and his idea it might not have happened....by unbanning swifty all it did was tell others like this idiot today that they can do anything they want ...crash realms....mass kill players like today ...and if enough players like what they saw and enjoy it and cry to blizzard they will get unbanned.....and not held responsible for their actions....being head accountable for your actions no cares anymore....its more cool to cause problems then to solve them with many gamers and hackers and swifties.....they relish the idea of players talking about them...posting utube video's of what they did...and many of you just feed into their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    remember remember the 7th of october.

It was his idea to do the pod cast and told them to come to his realm he is guilty of it just like the rest...if it hadn't been for him and his idea it might not have happened....by unbanning swifty all it did was tell others like this idiot today that they can do anything they want ...crash realms....mass kill players like today ...and if enough players like what they saw and enjoy it and cry to blizzard they will get unbanned.....and not held responsible for their actions....being head accountable for your actions no cares anymore....its more cool to cause problems then to solve them with many gamers and hackers and swifties.....they relish the idea of players talking about them...posting utube video's of what they did...and many of you just feed into their actions.
    The first server they took down wasn't really his fault, he had no idea it would happen. But the second and third server he took down....yeah that was his fault and he should have been punished much harder.

This is what happens when Blizzard constantly allows hackers to get away with this stuff and never takes any legal action over it.

Then again who knows, maybe they're hacking their own game for publicity.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 07:19 PM ----------

Edit: Unlisted youtube video.

Posted on owncore. Seems like it's the same people who hacked the game around a month ago or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhOb4NjWEs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick! Someone get the sword of a thousand truths!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Uh wtf? OP
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.