Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Anyone heard anything from Blizz about this Hack ?
    Blizzard won't comment on things like this. In fact Blizzard probably won't even admit that it happened at all, despite the videos.

    In many ways Blizzard is like the Federal Government. If something they don't like is happening they perform a "restart" and the issue, if they get what they want, just disappears. And they never once even mention it.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    I don't get why people are so butthurt over this. It's not like they actually broke anything. It's not like anyone lost anything but the time of a corpserun or two.
    You are amazingly ignorant about how businesses function.

    These actions have disrupted the game for a measurable amount of time. This costs money. There is also money being spent to recover whatever damage may have been done and, more importantly, to seek better ways to prevent this in the future.

    I guarantee you Blizzard will go after the people who did this very hard, just as any company beholden to shareholders would do (regardless of industry) if their bread-and-butter service was attacked and disrupted.
    Top tier 25M progression raiding on 12 hours per week.
    http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/
    US 15th Garrosh - US 19th Ra-den ** US 19th Sha of Fear

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They put them in jail. Forget about the legends with the hackers hired by those they got fucked by them. The vast majority of them went to prison.

    The problem is that is very hard to prove things like this and a game company might not want to chase shit like this that will only cost them money. It's not that they can sue for damages and actually get them. Most likely the "hacker" is some zit filled virgin in some basement, a very sad person neglected by his parents
    once again, there are no hackers who have ever served prison time who did it for fun, it was for monetary gain. when you grow up you'll realize that if there isn't money to be made or lost, people just don't give a shit

  4. #184
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,435
    Just a reminder to everyone that we do NOT support links to exploits or sites that support them here. Don't post links to videos of anyone doing this themselves or sites that show them doing it.

  5. #185
    You shouldn't have pissed off Jaina Proudmoore.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    every hacker in prison hacked for monetary gain. this has nothing to do with that.
    Theres also a huge different between clientside and serverside hacking.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    You are amazingly ignorant about how businesses function.

    These actions have disrupted the game for a measurable amount of time. This costs money. There is also money being spent to recover whatever damage may have been done and, more importantly, to seek better ways to prevent this in the future.

    I guarantee you Blizzard will go after the people who did this very hard, just as any company beholden to shareholders would do (regardless of industry) if their bread-and-butter service was attacked and disrupted.
    they don't lose money when the servers are down lol

    they have people on staff who deal with this. if they COULD find someone to press charges against they would, so far of their 37 lawsuits the past 8 years, 1 has been against anything like this and that was glider....and they 100% lost

    hell they have lost 28 of their lawsuits. blizz is VERY litigious but isn't very successful

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Servers aren't down, auth servers are fucked up. Maintenance was already going to happen before this.
    We have two options here.

    1. Either Blizzard extended the down-time to address this "hack." However since they don't want to address the hack directly, they created a vague story about "encountering issues."

    2. Blizzard knows (they have to by now) about the "hack" but doesn't care and isn't addressing it at all. At least not yet.

    Which do you think is happening?

  9. #189
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by roeliekt View Post
    Same on Ragnaros EU, people dieing out of nowhere and same with NPCs like garrosh, guild vendor etc.
    Suicide pact? better dead than sieged by Alliance on the last MoP patch?
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  10. #190
    Bloodsail Admiral Dassen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    You are amazingly ignorant about how businesses function.

    These actions have disrupted the game for a measurable amount of time. This costs money. There is also money being spent to recover whatever damage may have been done and, more importantly, to seek better ways to prevent this in the future.

    I guarantee you Blizzard will go after the people who did this very hard, just as any company beholden to shareholders would do (regardless of industry) if their bread-and-butter service was attacked and disrupted.
    Ah, right. That's what people are whining about, that Blizzard took a hit. Your post has nothing to do with what I was questioning, which was people being butthurt over what happened, not which consequences this may have had for Blizzard. No, I'm not ignorant, I was merely talking about a whole different subject than you.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Theres also a huge different between clientside and serverside hacking.
    what the hell has that got to do with anything, it's not really hacking in MMOs if it's client side lol. making it look like you're 1000ft tall but ONLY ON YOUR SCREEN is useless. you obviously have no clue what ownedcore is about or does, they have made TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS a year on their hacks, mostly dupes, and every time one is busted they have another waiting.

  12. #192
    I wish I could log in to see this, this sounds fun as hell.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Just a reminder to everyone that we do NOT support links to exploits or sites that support them here. Don't post links to videos of anyone doing this themselves or sites that show them doing it.
    It doesn't show him doing anything but running around selecting people and they die. No detailed or in-depth information is exposed, it's just verification that this is a hacker and not just a bug.

    every hacker in prison hacked for monetary gain. this has nothing to do with that.
    I am not even about to try explaining anything to you. If this is really what you think, then, well. Eh.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    once again, there are no hackers who have ever served prison time who did it for fun, it was for monetary gain. when you grow up you'll realize that if there isn't money to be made or lost, people just don't give a shit
    As if you know shit. There are at least 2 from my country extradited right now to US because they messed up with the NASA servers for fun. Stop living in the movies, if they do damage with their "fun" there is a risk they will get hunted down.

  15. #195
    The Rogue Movement has begun!

  16. #196
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,786
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I think it's hilarious, but Blizzard still needs to do something about it.

    By the way, the servers being down for 2 hours now isn't exactly "a corpse run or two".
    If they don't crack down on this hard and fast, it will become commonplace to use this hack.

    That's how MMOwned works.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  17. #197
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    As if you know shit. There are at least 2 from my country extradited right now to US because they messed up with the NASA servers for fun. Stop living in the movies, if they do damage with their "fun" there is a risk they will get hunted down.
    Implying screwing up NASA's servers didnt cost them a buttload of money to repair the damage and fix the security vulnerabilities?

  18. #198
    Keyboard Turner Danzislicious84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London , UK
    Posts
    8
    Someone posted a video on youtube the title is hacker hits stormwind

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Don't post links to videos of anyone doing this...
    Why? It's just a video (not explaining how to do it)... Funny made up rules.

  20. #200
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,435
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    It doesn't show him doing anything but running around selecting people and they die. No detailed or in-depth information is exposed, it's just verification that this is a hacker and not just a bug.
    The video you posted wasn't removed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •