Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you guys are refering to it as a life dragon. They're like plant minions, not much different from destroyers. Sylvarii, the ones people play as and the pale tree are probably some kind of split-off from the bad ones (the nightmare court) as most of you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I don't see why you guys are refering to it as a life dragon. They're like plant minions, not much different from destroyers. Sylvarii, the ones people play as and the pale tree are probably some kind of split-off from the bad ones (the nightmare court) as most of you are saying.
    Plants are a living organism, rocks and crystals are just "dolls" and undead are advanced dolls since they use to be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're just being picky now, there's no real difference.
    All of the minions have some form of sentience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sentience means a specific kind of thinking, particular relating to be able to think abstractly and be aware of ones own existence.

You can't really have "some form" of sentience, either you are sentient, or you are not, it's a diving line, not a shade of grey.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

dragon 6 gives birth to life, the other 5 take lives.

hence the life dragon.

Perhaps Melandru is the dragon of nature?

Evidence:
    Is linked to life and nature in the human pantheon.
    The Avatar of Melandru elite, and the Oakhearts they are based off of look somewhat like dragons.
    The Charr believe in Melandru and believe that she created Tyria. "although humans believe that they created Tyria, and the charr also have legends of Melandru creating the world" - GW2Wiki

Seeing as nature is not necessarily a destructive force, this sixth dragon does not necessarily need to be evil.
    As the OP pointed out, the Sylvari are immune to the other Elder Dragon's corruption, so maybe Melandru created them to be a powerful force against her "brothers"
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-10-08 at 05:30 AM.

I find it interesting that there are six human gods.....and now supposedly six elder dragons. That seems like to much of a coincidence to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the dragons nessecarily all evil? The nightmare leaf dragon at the start seemed pretty evil. I think I follow/like the train of thought with sylvarii being a dragons minions and having broken away etc, or perhaps the pale tree is itself, the dragon, or perhaps part of it? who knows.

During the personal story of the Sylvari we learn that there might be more Pale Tree's around, so what about these?

The Sylvari cannot be corrupted because they cannot rise, they are born from the Dream not from the death, once a sylvari dies it dies. It cannot rise again, this is said during the personal story at Orr.

I don't think there's a 6th Elder Dragon connected to the Sylvari.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:01 PM ----------

Are the dragons nessecarily all evil? The nightmare leaf dragon at the start seemed pretty evil. I think I follow/like the train of thought with sylvarii being a dragons minions and having broken away etc, or perhaps the pale tree is itself, the dragon, or perhaps part of it? who knows.
    The dragon from the dream is a reflection of Zhaitan, as said in the personal story, you faced Zhaitan himself (even though his looks are entirely different)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    During the personal story of the Sylvari we learn that there might be more Pale Tree's around, so what about these?

The Sylvari cannot be corrupted because they cannot rise, they are born from the Dream not from the death, once a sylvari dies it dies. It cannot rise again, this is said during the personal story at Orr.

I don't think there's a 6th Elder Dragon connected to the Sylvari.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:01 PM ----------

The dragon from the dream is a reflection of Zhaitan, as said in the personal story, you faced Zhaitan himself (even though his looks are entirely different)
    So what was the deal with the nightmare wolves then too?

So what was the deal with the nightmare wolves then too?
    Nightmare Court is connected to the Nightmare, I believe this has nothing to do with the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Nightmare Court is connected to the Nightmare, I believe this has nothing to do with the dragons.
    The nightmare is corruption from a dragon trying to infect the dream. That is the whole point of the intro and the nightmare court since the nightmare court believe in the dragons corruption and follow it.

There could be a sixth dragon... But why would he be in Tyria? Why can't he be happily sleeping under the Elonian sands? Or deep in the jade sea?

Also, I never trusted the sylvari. They made no sense from day one. Born from a tree planted by a cowardly soldier...

Deleted
    What if Tyria itself is a dragon?

DUM-DUM-DUMMMMMMMMMMM

Now there is an interesting fact I knew from a guy , in the sylvari personal story line , you will meet a sylvari that is not born from the pale tree , but he have an amnesia and the nightmare court wants him because they say he is of high importance to them .... I guess this one sylvari will be a key point in explaining the sylvari true origin

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    What if Tyria itself is a dragon?

DUM-DUM-DUMMMMMMMMMMM
    Calling it now, Tyria last boss of last GW.

Deleted
    my mind is blown... yes theres alot going around about the 6th dragon i hope to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The nightmare is corruption from a dragon trying to infect the dream. That is the whole point of the intro and the nightmare court since the nightmare court believe in the dragons corruption and follow it.
    The Sylvari/ Pale Tree are defined by the tablets. The Nightmare Court believe the tablets have misled the true purpose of the Sylvari.

Aside from that, there are other sylvari from other trees that grew from other seeds and have no relation to the Dream or Nightmare.

Not all Nightmare Court are bad guys, they just vary from the path the Pale Tree mandates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I find it interesting that there are six human gods.....and now supposedly six elder dragons. That seems like to much of a coincidence to me.
    I've thought this as well, and the gods I believe have historically retreated in times when the Dragon's rose. Perhaps it's a Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde sort of situation.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.