Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Ragewing View Post
    But how do you kill something that can't die? Seems odd to me.. face value dead doesn't seem quite right imo.
    Who says they can't die? Besides, the Titans aren't your standard (im)mortals either, I'm sure they know a few tricks to take care of something as evil, ancient and (im)mortal such as an Old God. Maybe they didn't kill it in a way that can be described in terms of living or dead. They split up the Old God into lesser beings of evil, the Sha. Destroying the physical body and tearing the soul apart. Since that is nearly as bad as leaving them alive, they imprisoned the other Old Gods and put them to sleep.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-10-08 at 01:20 AM.

Ok, good point. Titans and old gods.. neverending struggle. But if old gods are manifestations of various parts of insanity and destruction and chaos, and imprisoning them cant kill them, then when they are imprisoned on (another plane of existence that we can't comprehend?) whatever it might be. Then they will shrivel up and become very weak(because there is nothing to feed on in THAT plane), but won't die. Are they connected to every plane and can manage to feed off of everything because they are the universe itself? Maybe as long as there is some form of chaos in the universe, they will live. Is Sargeras trying to destroy the universe to save it from ultimate destruction? Are titans working with the old gods and they have been pulling the wool over our eyes!?! Idk man... crazy shizz

Sorry, drunk speculation is fun
    Last edited by King Ragewing; 2012-10-08 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, good point. Titans and old gods.. neverending struggle. But if old gods are manifestations of various parts of insanity and destruction and chaos, and imprisoning them cant kill them, then when they are imprisoned on (another plane of existence that we can't comprehend?) whatever it might be. Then they will shrivel up and become very weak(because there is nothing to feed on in THAT plane), but won't die. Are they connected to every plane and can manage to feed off of everything because they are the universe itself? Maybe as long as there is some form of chaos in the universe, they will live. Is Sargeras trying to destroy the universe to save it from ultimate destruction? Idk man... crazy shizz

Sorry, drunk speculation is fun
    I think the Titans are the positive forces in the universe (order, life, creation, wisdom, love, hope etc) and the Old Gods are the opposite, the negative side (chaos, death, destruction, corruption, malevolence, hate, despair etc). I believe they can be killed physically, but their essence or soul remains. Only way to permanently 'remove' them from existence is to either put them in a coma or split up their soul. Now Sargeras... a good guy turned evil (or emo), I wonder if the same can happen with an Old God turning good (or cheerful). Sargeras is just undoing the work of the Titans because he believes that the natural order of the universe is chaos and not order. Since the Titans reshape worlds and change them, basicly he is doing the opposite and returning those worlds back to their 'natural' state. But you can't fight the Pantheon without a Legion :P
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-10-08 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    I think the Titans are the positive forces in the universe (order, life, creation, wisdom, love, hope etc) and the Old Gods are the opposite, the negative side (chaos, death, destruction, corruption, malevolence, hate, despair etc). I believe they can be killed physically, but their essence or soul remains. Only way to permanently 'remove' them from existence is to either put them in a coma or split up their soul. Now Sargeras... a good guy turned evil (or emo), I wonder if the same can happen with an Old God turning good (or cheerful). Sargeras is just undoing the work of the Titans because he believes that the natural order of the universe is chaos and not order. Since the Titans reshape worlds and change them, basicly he is doing the opposite and returning those worlds back to their 'natural' state. But you can't fight the Pantheon without a Legion :P
    If there are good and evil sides.. is there a neutral side? Are we the neutral side? Is there something even bigger and badder than titans and old gods?
    An old god turning good sounds like an amazingly and weird plot twist to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are good and evil sides.. is there a neutral side? Are we the neutral side? Is there something even bigger and badder than titans and old gods?
    An old god turning good sounds like an amazingly and weird plot twist to me.
    The Naaru are goods, while the Nathrezim are evils. We are caught in between, we are neutral untill we choose a side. Dunno if there's something bigger. Hehe an Old God who wants to hug and kiss you instead of driving you mad and turning you inside-out :P

Azshara should be the bargaining chip that the Old Gods and the Legion use to make an alliance to destroy the pesky defenders of Azeroth. She had delusions of marrying Sargeras in the past, so it could be some kind of "wed the daughter to our enemy so that we become allies" sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpapeckinpah View Post
    Azshara should be the bargaining chip that the Old Gods and the Legion use to make an alliance to destroy the pesky defenders of Azeroth. She had delusions of marrying Sargeras in the past, so it could be some kind of "wed the daughter to our enemy so that we become allies" sort of thing.
    Good point, it was the OG's plan in the first place to bring Sargeras to Azeroth so they could use him to free themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    The Naaru are goods, while the Nathrezim are evils. We are caught in between, we are neutral untill we choose a side. Dunno if there's something bigger. Hehe an Old God who wants to hug and kiss you instead of driving you mad and turning you inside-out :P
    I imagine that looking something like this...

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine that looking something like this...
    That might actually be scarier than the evil version tbh. Maybe it's the soul of that Titan that got killed that tries to 'mindcontrol' an OG, giving them a taste of their own medicine :3

Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    A raid for her was going to come out with FL to have a fire/water element thing but they scraped it - stupid blizz
    Absolutely false. She was never planned to be a part of Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I hope we don't actually killl her. I know in game no-one trusts her and everyone hates her, but she'd be a bloody good Ali to have against Sargeras when he comes if she's feeling like a lover scorned.
    Yeah, Sargeras' mortal bitch will help us...RIIIIIIIIGHT.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    A raid for her was going to come out with FL to have a fire/water element thing but they scraped it - stupid blizz
    That would be the Abyssal Maw raid, the plane of the water elementals (and Neptulon). Nothing to do with Azshara tbh.

I hope we don't actually killl her. I know in game no-one trusts her and everyone hates her, but she'd be a bloody good Ali to have against Sargeras when he comes if she's feeling like a lover scorned.
    She hates us landdwellers and would rather see us drown in her waters than help us fight off her would-be lover. Besides she has the finger of an Old God up her... something :P
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-10-08 at 02:03 AM.

Presumably she:

(A) Can't - Deathwing was already coming apart at the seams (literally) when he had his plates ripped off and got two blasts from a supercharged Dragon Soul and then his warped body was hacked to bits. I'd say he's probably well beyond any power Azshara might have to "save" him.

(B) Won't - Azshara wants to take over Azeroth's oceans, bit hard to do that when all life is extinguished from it. Also she's not really the sort to play nice with others in general.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 02:10 AM ----------

She's an Elf queen with some talent for arcane magic who got mutated into a snakey thing. He's a rogue Titan, lord of the demonic Legion and the source of all evil in the universe (depending on which retcon you read anyway). She's an ant next to Sargeras.

Hell it's kind of an ass pull that the Naga could even take on Neptulon. Even with Old God minions on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    TBC had things that didn't have to do with Illidan, as did Wrath with LK. Azshara has more of enough warrant for her own expansion. And so what if all the zones would be naga oriented? MoP's zones are all based on Asia. Blizzard has shown they can create pretty much anything if they set their works on it.
    As I said, she would is best used in conjunction with other villains. We're talking aesthetics here, as I already said, Blizz would have to do a lot of stretching to have her as the main focus of an expansion, without something very novel I think it would be boring for too many people. Underwater zones are some of the most criticized in the vocal community as well. Pointing out Pandaria is just pointing out the exact thing I already said, they had to flesh out a lot of stuff to make it carry it's own expansion. I don't see Azshara as being anywhere near the rich of a source of novel content. The history of the the Naga is still just a bunch of Red Lobster decorations. I hope she is used, but not in her own expansion.

Driving a boat around THousand Needles does open me up to the idea of a sort of sailing expansion with dozens of little islands to explore like Zelda:Wind Waker, but it's hard to have any of this carry an entire expansion. It's not a very strong theme in my mind.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I'd love to see her playing the Old Gods and the Burning Legion against each other. Azshara is nobody's servant.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'd say she's for sure stronger than Kil'jaedan at this point. Which is why I'm starting to set up expansions like this.

1. Legion invasion

2. Legion defeat

3. Azshara
    no, i'd put her below of the higher ranked demons in the legion.

kil'jaedin was supposed to doom our world if he succeeded in getting here, shes here and were doing relatively well.

i'd say she'd be the major villain in an expansion focused on the zandalari homeland(or whats left of it after then events of the cataclysm, zandalari NPCs make note that they need a new place to live now) and other large island nations like kul tiras.

Her brief, underwhelming appearance in Darkshore is worrisome, and it leads me to believe that we've been duped once again into thinking that a character or thing is more than what it really is. I'm almost positive that she will end up in possession of Neptulon's Trident, so hopefully we'll see some 'Mega Ursula' shit somewhere down the line. For now, and until then, I'm lingering on the edge of disappointment.

Azshara was never going to appear in Cataclysm. Yes there was plans for a Abyssal Raid, but Azshara wasn't going to be a part of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Is that from Kanaak? Cause I don't take anything he writes seriously.
    I really don't get this logic, and I see it everywhere. Someone has a problem with what is canon, so all of a sudden, it isn't canon because they don't like it? No, it doesn't work like that. You can't have everyone cherry picking what did and didn't happen in lore.

Also, most of the lore from the Knaak books is Metzen's brainchild, Knaak just turned it into novels. Knaak's most notable contributions are Rhonin and Kalec, but the Azshara lore in particular shouts Metzen, since it was well established well before the books that Azshara was incredibly powerful... having the entirety of the well of eternity collapse on her, and her being right at the center and all that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    no, i'd put her below of the higher ranked demons in the legion.

kil'jaedin was supposed to doom our world if he succeeded in getting here, shes here and were doing relatively well.

i'd say she'd be the major villain in an expansion focused on the zandalari homeland(or whats left of it after then events of the cataclysm, zandalari NPCs make note that they need a new place to live now) and other large island nations like kul tiras.
    What if she's more powerful than most of the Legion, and just doesn't really feel like... you know... ending the world she and all her naga reside in? What if she's really powerful and is content down in the deeps... for now?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    No, because:
    -Deathwing wanted to wipe all life, naga are alive
    -Deathwing used fire and earth, nagas use water
    -Deathwing can't swim, that's why he died in the raid, in fact it wasn't the Demon Soul, we just cut all his limbs from the islands as he was holding desperate for survival. He was casting a spell to make the water go away in truth. You cut his limbs and he fell in and drowned. How could you, you bastard? He was just trying to live, to not drown! Poor Deathwing.