Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
LastLast
  1. #661
    The Patient Keyur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    289
    Not gonna make new thread for this debate...

    Now 3 guilds are at 5/6 in 25 man bracket
    2. Blood Legion
    3. Method
    4. Vodka

    The question is whats your bet on world first 25 man?
    My bet on Blood Legion but I still have feeling about Method will grab the cup.
    Last edited by Keyur; 2012-10-12 at 11:24 AM.

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    except that they didnt get to choose which people they took in their 10 man (at least not out of their entire 25man roster) since a lot of the old team quit.
    Knowing Paragon players their current roster has only good (or the best you name it) players. The guild is a lot more competent now as their bad players left.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Knowing Paragon players their current roster has only good (or the best you name it) players. The guild is a lot more competent now as their bad players left.
    No, some of their good players left and they had to recruit other players and they realized it was not possible to be competitive in 25 man because recruiting was too hard.

    It's not like they kicked their 'bad' players and kept the good ones. But I guess you know because you are in Paragon?

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyur View Post
    Not gonna make new thread for this debate...

    Now 3 guilds are at 5/6 in 25 man bracket
    2. Blood Legion
    3. Method
    4. Vodka

    The question is whats your bet on world first 25 man?
    My bet on Blood Legion but I still have feeling about Method will grab the cup.
    I don't know, but where there is competition there is excitement .
    The funny thing to look at wow progress, is that besides those 3 (and barely Envy), the 25 with the most "hits" in wowprogress is Nihilum.
    Can't even imagine how it would be if they could actually manage to be in top 20.
    They re managing though, 1/6 heroic is not bad for a couple of weeks old guild.

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    No, some of their good players left and they had to recruit other players and they realized it was not possible to be competitive in 25 man because recruiting was too hard.

    It's not like they kicked their 'bad' players and kept the good ones. But I guess you know because you are in Paragon?
    Reading comprehension

  6. #666
    Anyone else noticed how poorly these 'world first' guilds play? You could see Method's stream, they took like 15 hours to kill the 4th boss. Faster than most guilds. How is it possible to fail 15 hours straight with 25 dedicated people? The boss does the exact same thing over and over since it's all scripted. I don't get it.

  7. #667
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Anyone else noticed how poorly these 'world first' guilds play? You could see Method's stream, they took like 15 hours to kill the 4th boss. Faster than most guilds. How is it possible to fail 15 hours straight with 25 dedicated people? The boss does the exact same thing over and over since it's all scripted. I don't get it.
    Imagine playing a complicated piano piece without making a mistake, it's scripted, hell, the instructions are probably right in front of you. Sadly, human error has a way of getting the best of all of us.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Anyone else noticed how poorly these 'world first' guilds play? You could see Method's stream, they took like 15 hours to kill the 4th boss. Faster than most guilds. How is it possible to fail 15 hours straight with 25 dedicated people? The boss does the exact same thing over and over since it's all scripted. I don't get it.
    There are many many more factors than just "it's scripted" in play when doing an encounter. There ARE random factors in every encounter which makes every try different in some way, and may ultimately play in the eventual wipe of the raid. Most people who use the "scripted" argument rarely realizes this though.
    You won't find an expanded version of my avatar here.

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyur View Post
    Not gonna make new thread for this debate...

    Now 3 guilds are at 5/6 in 25 man bracket
    2. Blood Legion
    3. Method
    4. Vodka

    The question is whats your bet on world first 25 man?
    My bet on Blood Legion but I still have feeling about Method will grab the cup.
    I hope Method, because they were 2nd for like every raid instance to date and they deserve a World first kill
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Most people who use the "scripted" argument rarely realizes this though.
    People who bring up the "scripted" nature of PvE are just demonstrating their own ignorance. Scripted opponents beat the world's best human players in chess and Starcraft (among others) with ease, and could easily destroy every human player in WoW PvP. Something being "scripted" says absolutely nothing of the challenge it poses to human players.

  11. #671
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,205
    Envy 5/6! hope they get first or second. Really impressed with ScrubBusters also.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Envy 5/6! hope they get first or second. Really impressed with ScrubBusters also.
    The race is amazing!
    Currently 5 teams are at 5/6 (Blood Legion, Method, Vodka, Envy AND Why Me.
    The latest is a big surprise to me, since nobody was expecting them to be so high before the race is over
    Really some amazing performance by them!

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    There are many many more factors than just "it's scripted" in play when doing an encounter. There ARE random factors in every encounter which makes every try different in some way, and may ultimately play in the eventual wipe of the raid. Most people who use the "scripted" argument rarely realizes this though.
    Not to mention the fact that they are undergeared compared to the casual guilds who will have months to farm gear before going in to down the heroics.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 09:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I hope Method, because they were 2nd for like every raid instance to date and they deserve a World first kill
    Cough cough will still be 2nd. World first has been taken already.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 09:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    If you look at the facts your statement isn't so absolute:
    1. Raids are originally balanced around 25mans, then nerfed to make it viable for 10man. Generally making it easier overall(both heroic and 25m).
    2. 25 decent raiders are harder to find, and keeping the communication on a high level is also tough. Which is why 25m gets more then what 10m has, though getting more doesn't make it easier at all.
    3. 10 man is completely under-tuned this expansion. I've done both so far, and the mechanics were pretty much laughable when we switched. Ignoring mechanics just to heal through them isn't quite the right design.

    I digress, 10man and 25man are usually pretty equal and there isn't much difference in terms of difficulty. Neither is better than the other overall, and I wish they would settle on one raid size. That being said, Paragon will probably get world first with Blood Legion shortly behind if you count both. Considering the difficulty difference, BL will be considered the actual world first.
    Its really easy to figure out which is harder by using logic. If 10 man was so much easier then every world first kill would have been a 10 man. But not one has until paragon and they only did it because they are insanely good. Every other tier since they merged 25 and 10 man has had 25 mans in world first. You'd think that if 10 man was so much easier then at least one of those tiers would have a 10 man blow through the easy mode and beat everyone. Instead the 10 mans are hardly ever in the top 10
    Last edited by daftone; 2012-10-12 at 09:30 PM.

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Cough cough will still be 2nd. World first has been taken already.
    There is 2 world firsts to be claimed from 2 different raid sizes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post

    Its really easy to figure out which is harder by using logic. If 10 man was so much easier then every world first kill would have been a 10 man. But not one has until paragon and they only did it because they are insanely good. Every other tier since they merged 25 and 10 man has had 25 mans in world first. You'd think that if 10 man was so much easier then at least one of those tiers would have a 10 man blow through the easy mode and beat everyone. Instead the 10 mans are hardly ever in the top 10
    Paragon is only raiding 10-man because they couldn't field a 25-man roster they were happy with.

    I'm sure they would be raiding 25-man if they hadn't suffered those player losses.

    Paragon completely crushed their 10-man competition because they're bringing the type of hardcore preparation usually only seen in the 25-man race.

    I don't see how Paragon being so far ahead of Avast and Crimson Blade tells us anything about how they match up with BL, Method, etc.

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    The race is amazing!
    Currently 5 teams are at 5/6 (Blood Legion, Method, Vodka, Envy AND Why Me.
    The latest is a big surprise to me, since nobody was expecting them to be so high before the race is over
    Really some amazing performance by them!
    Totally agree, I'm now rooting for them to win since it'd be so good to see a new name up there. And Stars have let me down

    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Not to mention the fact that they are undergeared compared to the casual guilds who will have months to farm gear before going in to down the heroics.
    Absolutely.


    Cough cough will still be 2nd. World first has been taken already.
    Only if you believe there's only one race



    Its really easy to figure out which is harder by using logic. If 10 man was so much easier then every world first kill would have been a 10 man. But not one has until paragon and they only did it because they are insanely good. Every other tier since they merged 25 and 10 man has had 25 mans in world first. You'd think that if 10 man was so much easier then at least one of those tiers would have a 10 man blow through the easy mode and beat everyone. Instead the 10 mans are hardly ever in the top 10
    There's never been a 10 man guild as hardcore as the 25 mans until now. Now that there is... you see the result and can extrapolate, if you use logic

    Regardless of all the 10 v 25 man squabbling, truly awesome performance by Paragon.[COLOR="red"]

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 12:01 AM ----------

    Method 6/6!

    Huge grats, no one more deserving really
    Last edited by maladicta; 2012-10-12 at 11:00 PM.

  17. #677
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,205
    Grats to Method!

  18. #678
    Stood in the Fire Shibuya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Osaka
    Posts
    428
    1. Paragon
    2. Method
    3. Blood Legion

  19. #679
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    141
    method 6/6h number 1

  20. #680
    Gz to Method, well diserved no1 after years of top notch performance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •