Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    25 > 10.

Always no matter even if the fight is tuned to favor 25 man. Why? Because finding 25 good players is so much harder than 10. And to communicate boss fights between 25 people is way harder. Thus it will always considered its superior.
    Could also argue that you get to stack more specific classes and specs for certain buffs, but yeah. I just didn't read the OP.

25 > 10.

Always no matter even if the fight is tuned to favor 25 man. Why? Because finding 25 good players is so much harder than 10. And to communicate boss fights between 25 people is way harder. Thus it will always considered its superior.
    So even if 10 man is much more difficult you would say 25 is harder because you have to find more headless chickens? Good reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Could also argue that you get to stack more specific classes and specs for certain buffs, but yeah. I just didn't read the OP.
    This; also losing just one quality player in a critical role has a massive effect on your raid in 10 man no matter the quality of your bench.

Deleted
    Blood Legion, favourites? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 > 10.

But you also have more buffs/interrupts/utility/battle rezzes than 10m. There are 2 sides to the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Deleted
    The whole 10 vs 25 man debate aside.

If Paragon kill the boss first, then they get world first. They will be #1 on the rankings therefore they will be ranked #1.

My methodology is that Paragon, who had 25 of the best players in the world have cut 15 members from their roster. They are now left with the 10 best players (minus Xenophics) Choosing the 10 best players out of Paragons 25 man roster is a formidable team. It is basically a dream team.

Stars are at the cutting edge as far as theorycrafting goes. Even the top guilds admit that they can not compete with Stars in terms of number crunching and theorycrafting. Stars know things about the maths that no one else could possibly imagine and that is why Stars have been a top guild since the beginning of Wrath.

I personally think it is Methods turn. They deserve it. After being an agonizingly close second to Paragon tier after tier. The same can be said for Blood legion, however I personally think they missed their chance to be top during Dragon Soul. After the euro bans Blood legion were clear favorites for world first Deathwing and they barely beat Paragon and Method to it even though they had a 1 week advantage.

In my opinion Method will get world first 25 man kill, Paragon will get world first 10 man kill (By a mile) but it is anyones guess who will get world first kill in the combined rankings (The one people judge guilds off)

What is nihilum doing there, really?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going with Method personally

I would like to see Paragon killing things way ahead of the 25m's with their amazing 10m. Should be very interesting.

Premonition isn't even alive anymore. Considering Paragon killed all of normal modes the quickest (Albeit being 10man), I think they'll be world 1st again.
    Last edited by Shuttle; 2012-10-07 at 11:57 PM.
    Shuttle of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    25 > 10.

Sorry, your personal reasoning doesn't work in this situation. You get world first, you get world first regardless of raid size.

You guys are beginning to sound like unresaonable children when it comes to that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Blood Legion, favourites? Lol.
    well i mean the guy has premonition listed as underdogs. ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT is premonition disbanded almost 2 months ago.
    Honestly though when it comes to the race I Think atleast on the US side that exodus will win. I mean ok normal modes mean nothing BUT THEY OBLITERATED them. they cleared 6/6 almost 1 1/2 days ahead of anyone else and im pretty sure they were half mains/half alts like every other top guild feeding gear too. I have exodus ahead of Blood legion and then vodka has fallen so much I have vodka finishing outside of the top 4 US.

Deleted
    Mate, you're obviously more clueless then anyone at mmo.
    How can Envy, AKA Ensidia 4 man anything?
    Please tell me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    well i mean the guy has premonition listed as underdogs. ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT is premonition disbanded almost 2 months ago.
    Honestly though when it comes to the race I Think atleast on the US side that exodus will win. I mean ok normal modes mean nothing BUT THEY OBLITERATED them. they cleared 6/6 almost 1 1/2 days ahead of anyone else and im pretty sure they were half mains/half alts like every other top guild feeding gear too. I have exodus ahead of Blood legion and then vodka has fallen so much I have vodka finishing outside of the top 4 US.
    Normal modes don't mean anything. Guilds wipe on purpose in normal modes just to get some practise runs in for heroic. IMO Exodus are not in the same league as Blood Legion. People may hate on Blood legion but at the end of the day they have consistently been in the top 10 since well before Paragon, Method and Stars were on the scene.

*Edit* I didn't know Premo disbanded.

Also I have Nihilum in there because they are a legendary guild who I personally want to do well. At the end of the day Kungen/Nihilum has the most world first kills of all time. I know they probably won't even make top 50 this tier but it would be nice to have a new major player on the scene.
    Last edited by mmocb81bc31744; 2012-10-08 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    You know nothing. Not flaming just telling it like it is.

Firstly, Paragon the underdogs? If anything they are stronger as they dont have to put up with raiding 25 man.

Blood Legion as a favourite? Lol. They have never had a single world first. They arent anything more than a realm first guild.

Envy is basically Ensidia without Kungen? Envy made their name a long time and are a strong very hardcore guild in their own right.

Nihilum? Im sorry, have you seen Kungens stream? Wiping for days on normal modes, still trying to get a decent roster with HM's knocking on the door they are anything but a world first guild.

From what I can see is that you have based everything off of nothing, watching twitch.tv doesnt make you an expert on a world first race.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 > 10.

Someone who understands.

You just won all the internets,

Have a free cookie.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I guess Paragon will take world first and I dont see Method in the top 2 or even 3 this tier.
    For the rest of the top 10 I have no Idea but I'd love to see some no name/new guilds up there

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching Athene's Dragon Soul race and seeing how awesome Stars are, i really hope they get world first.

10 and 25 isnt the same, never will be. Stop putting them in the same ranking system, it's like having 2v2 and 5v5 arena on same list!

BL or method gonna be my two guesses for 25 man
    Paragon and stars the two obvious 10man choices.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for being out of touch, but Nihilum's back? I've kinda "nerd-cheered" for them since Vanilla. And that WoW Radio episode "We Heart Kungen' by TotalBiscuit was absolutely hilarious, still up on YouTube.

So they're back? With Kungen as GM? Anyone know what server? Thanks ^_^