Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Any your opinion matters why?

Only a Paragon member can come out and say that for it to be taken seriously. Otherwise go away please.
    This is grand, such blind devotion to Paragon.... But doesn't know which Paragon members post here? How about his avatar? I'm chuckling pretty hard at how stupid you look right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    They never counted before, so why would they count now?
    If a 10 man guild kills the last boss first go to WoWProgress or other site and you will see theme ranked as 1#. What you gonna do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I never said you did. If you want to read it as that, you are free to do so.
    It's still not a good argument and makes no sense.

And they will never be equal. You can think what you want but you will just be ignoring the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by dakalro View Post
    They'll have the WF 10 man. Just like the 1st 25 man will have WF 25 man.

I've cleared MV normal on 2 chars, one 10 one 25 and they're nowhere near the same difficulty on normals, they're just different. I expect the same on HCs. 25 man requires some more planning, 10 man requires good rosters. So far 10 was simpler but easier to wipe to. 25 just had some extra logistics issues to get over the required DPS (how to split your dps properly)
    But if the 10 man kills it first you can say it is 10 WF and WF, if a 25 man kills it after they are 25 WF but not WF.

Honest question to all of you people here...why do you care who does X first? Does it effect your life in anyway? Are they heroes to you? just curious...because I find this whole thing to be asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by jayishere View Post
    Honest question to all of you people here...why do you care who does X first? Does it effect your life in anyway? Are they heroes to you? just curious...because I find this whole thing to be asinine.
    I imagine it's the same thing as watching a sporting league, it's at least very similar to me. I like knowing whose the best guild in the world for each tier, makes it exciting for the next one.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I think it has to do with the competitive nature of raiding and just human nature. I know using an analogy to sports is frowned upon, but why care who wins the Super Bowl or World Series?

Does posting this question affect your life in anyway?

It's entertainment. If you don't find it entertaining then don't come here.

It's like any other race. You have your favourites and you support theme. Don't you like sports / E sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    I think it has to do with the competitive nature of raiding and just human nature. I know using an analogy to sports is frowned upon, but why care who wins the Super Bowl or World Series?
    Why is a sports analogy frowned upon? It's a perfect analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Why is a sports analogy frowned upon? It's a perfect analogy.
    A lot of people will argue the comparison of any video game to a physical sport.

see below for details.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    It's like any other race. You have your favourites and you support theme. Don't you like sports / E sports?
    I like sports, but it's not the same as raiding...Sports are Real Life things...while raiding/and MLG are...video games, not real. At least in MLG they play for money so I can see something there.

Can you bet on raiding guilds? is there any sort of sports betting to make a little money on if the guild you like does finish top 3?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    A lot of people will argue the comparison of any video game to a physical sport.
    This. It's not a perfect analogy because video games aren't real life, they are fantasy. It's like arguing the merits of quiddich as a real sport.

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    If a 10 man guild kills the last boss first go to WoWProgress or other site and you will see theme ranked as 1#. What you gonna do about that?

If they clear all of it tonight and I was to go in there and one shot every boss the next day who would really be more skilled?

The person with all that time and wipes getting it first?

Or the person who doesnt raid until their raid time who kills it in a more optimal way?

Wowprogress' way of ranking is a joke.

I like sports, but it's not the same as raiding...Sports are Real Life things...while raiding/and MLG are...video games, not real. At least in MLG they play for money so I can see something there.

Can you bet on raiding guilds? is there any sort of sports betting to make a little money on if the guild you like does finish top 3?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 10:13 AM ----------

This. It's not a perfect analogy because video games aren't real life, they are fantasy. It's like arguing the merits of quiddich as a real sport.
    They are not fantasy, they take place in a fantasy setting, but the rules and regulations are perfectly real. There's a definite distinction to be made here.
    I am the lucid dream

What kind of rules and regulations govern competitive raiding? Is there are Central Body that governs these teams and sets these restrictions?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    It's still not a good argument and makes no sense.

And they will never be equal. You can think what you want but you will just be ignoring the facts.
    Again, you are reading my post as something it's not.

Have I said they are equal? Or not equal? No, I have not. I haven't said a word about it.

I have said, "I think the majority do not care" regarding the race being seperate or not. I doubt that's wrong, but I never said it was a fact.

As for your statement. That's a question of definition.

It would be good to have separate races, although i think the 10 man race will be boring as hell, since you guys will crush the competition.

WHy would they crush the competition? 10 mans are harder and can be mathematically proven to be so. Stop saying 25 mans are harder because you are a fan of 25 man and do the math. Take the life of the 25 man vs the life of the 10 and the dps output of both then divide and you will see that 25s have a numbers advantage.

What kind of rules and regulations govern competitive raiding? Is there are Central Body that governs these teams and sets these restrictions?
    Yes, it's called the Terms of Service and you agree to it every time there's a new content patch.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Yes, it's called the Terms of Service and you agree to it every time there's a new content patch.
    So, unlike sports, there is no central governing body that directly oversees these competitive guilds. And I can't bet on them either....or can I?

They never counted before, so why would they count now?
    You are trying to say its like the nfl vs college football. They should have different races and world firsts because they are different. But they aren't. They are both the same difficulty with the same loot. Stop living in the past. Everything has changed. I hope paragon does win 10 man so all the other 25s go 10 and 25 is ended for good. There is no point in having 25 mans anymore.