Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    HoTW hidden nerf

    People are complaining on the WoW forums that it was nerfed and I did not believe it until I tried it and it seems Blizzard has released a Hotfix for it and nerfed it quite a bit now. I would not have minded it if the CD was not 6 minutes but now its just a useless talent. GJ Blizzard. They really want us staying away from druids.

  2. #2
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    If you're posting in general, at least spell out what the acronym stands for.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  3. #3
    In this case he's referring to Heart of the Wild. There was a gimmick spec that used it to generate an enormous amount of spike damage with cooldowns.

  4. #4
    it was an "I win button" that no-one but baddies care about seeing how it was the only way a bad player could win in PvP.

  5. #5
    Yes it was Heart of the Wild. My mistake for not spelling it out. But damnnnn Blizzard, they nerfed the s**t out of it. Its completely useless now. The numbers don't lie.. Its a shame that these nerds at Blizzard have to hide it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:04 PM ----------

    But I don't understand why they don't just acknowledge it in the hotfixes. Why lie about it. 30% less damage then it used to do is a HUGE nerf for a 6 min CD..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    it was an "I win button" that no-one but baddies care about seeing how it was the only way a bad player could win in PvP.
    So, like playing Paladin or Rogue at all?
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.

  7. #7
    How did they nerf it?

  8. #8
    Well its supposed to increase your other capabilities when you pop it, so if you are a kitty for an example and pop it then say you start spamming WRATH and do sh*t load of damage for 45 secs but now the damage output is 30% then it was just from 2 days ago. Others are complaining too its not just me.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So, like playing Paladin or Rogue at all?
    I can assure you that my failure rate with a Paladin is absolute proof of that not being true! Totally is for rogues, though.
    God damned rogues, always roguin' off.

  10. #10
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,955
    Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    Yes it was Heart of the Wild. My mistake for not spelling it out. But damnnnn Blizzard, they nerfed the s**t out of it. Its completely useless now. The numbers don't lie.. Its a shame that these nerds at Blizzard have to hide it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:04 PM ----------

    But I don't understand why they don't just acknowledge it in the hotfixes. Why lie about it. 30% less damage then it used to do is a HUGE nerf for a 6 min CD..
    I guess that 6% passive doesn't really mean anything, huh?

    PS: Totally comparing this to Incanter's Ward.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So, like playing Paladin or Rogue at all?
    Rogues have an I win button? It used to take me a couple of buttons - with some lock downs, damage, slows - whatever - but I never knew we had an I win button.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    it was an "I win button" that no-one but baddies care about seeing how it was the only way a bad player could win in PvP.
    So you're saying that only these "baddies" took the talent? Cause if not, then a massive nerf would effect far more then your limited opinion would cover.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  13. #13
    Yeah sorry that you can't 2 shot someone as a resto druid in cat form any more.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Rogues have an I win button? It used to take me a couple of buttons - with some lock downs, damage, slows - whatever - but I never knew we had an I win button.
    keyword is HAD. It is now a useless talent at 90 for a 6m CD. 30% reduction in damage is A LOT.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    Yeah sorry that you can't 2 shot someone as a resto druid in cat form any more.
    Again, was this the only thing any player ever used this ability for? Or are you applauding an over reaching nerf to PvE for the sake of PvP that will never be truly balanced?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  16. #16
    Going to move this to the Druid forum.

  17. #17
    i just logged my alchemist, to see if my stock of http://thottbot.com/item=10286 was affected....i didn't notice anything

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i just logged my alchemist, to see if my stock of http://thottbot.com/item=10286 was affected....i didn't notice anything
    LOL WTF? I am talking about the talent not item. HAHA.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    Yeah sorry that you can't 2 shot someone as a resto druid in cat form any more.
    Yeah maybe if your still wearing your lvl 85 pvp gear

    OP can you link to where they said this was a hotfix?
    Thats some huge BS. It has a huge CD, and this is the only reason it was any good. Toning down the damage is one thing but 30 % ? Wht a fucking joke

    All the while that locks still can soulstone in arena, gg blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  20. #20
    Example on what actually got nerfed and why you shouldn't be complaining.
    EX:
    Moonkin hurricane tick - 12k
    Feral with HoTW hurricane tick - 72k

    I was broken for feral and resto doing dps for arena and in raids. Wrath for feral was doing close to 200k. The only dps benefit it is supposed to have is the 6% stats for all classes, which stacks multiplicative with +5% from wearing leather. Don't complain about nerfs for bugs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •