Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    They really want us staying away from druids.
    All because of one ability ? Talk about an overstated opinion....

  2. #42
    The Patient Krit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    253
    If this was indeed nerfed, and you didn't see it coming, you need to open your eyes and mind a little more. Most people saw a nerf coming since day 1. Enjoy it while it lasted.
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

    My Armory

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Except it wasn't meant to be a damage increase (when used), it was meant to provide utility. Boss has a flight phase but you're kitty? K, now you can use wrath and do decent damage instead of sitting there with your thumb up your ass. The only increase in damage you were supposed to recieve was from the passive, +6% (6% right?) more stats. Not much, but it's constant, the other two have to be activated in some way.
    This is what im hoping it still is. Havnt been able to get on to test it yet, but from what the op is still saying it doesnt seem the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  4. #44
    Uh.... Boomy's are better than ever. Like op.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    You didnt read what i said. I was saying there is no where that says *only the passive should be good on this ability* . I personally took it because it was supposed to allow you to preform other rolls, letting me put up pressure as resto. Just because you see it as "extra" doesnt mean the dmg should be abysmal. It should be comparable to ferals/boomys.
    Comparable is where it got "fixed" to. It was doing insanely HIGHER output than that actual role could do normally. THAT is what everyone else is complaining about (those that feel it needs to be OP to be warranted).

    It's a talent for utility and support, with a small, passive, throughput buff (the +6% Primary Stat).

    If you aren't a Guardian and pop it, it should let you tank equal to a Guardian-spec Druid, not tank better than any tank existing in the game.
    If you are Balance, but want to avoid some form of a silence effect for a period, it should let you go Feral and do COMPARABLE DPS, not 2-3x as much.
    If you are Feral, and a boss has a phase that only ranged can reach, it should let you do comparable damage to a Balance Druid for the duration, not 200k DPS.

    Do we see where it was horribly imbalanced now folks?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  6. #46
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    367
    For guardians it's a nice talent. Long duration, OK heals. Heals could have been stronger tho, They heal me sligthly over 20k/tick and with 480k that's not very good at all. But i's 80k Every 12 seconds, with a 45 second duration it can heal you 15 ticks, that's 300k over 45 seconds. So roughly 60% of my hp over 45 seconds. Would help out healers a tiny bit but it's nowhere near justifying the 6min cooldown it has. Any other Defensive CD i got helps healers alot more.

    Guess it has to be like this because of the pvp aspect. Not to mention any guardian would just pop this and heal himself. No one would have another person tank and spam some healing touches.

    It could be better for guardians since it does not help us at all being stand ins for a healer. And for a tank to pop dps isn't really an option. If you're not going a Festergut type boss that is.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Comparable is where it got "fixed" to. It was doing insanely HIGHER output than that actual role could do normally. THAT is what everyone else is complaining about (those that feel it needs to be OP to be warranted).

    It's a talent for utility and support, with a small, passive, throughput buff (the +6% Primary Stat).

    If you aren't a Guardian and pop it, it should let you tank equal to a Guardian-spec Druid, not tank better than any tank existing in the game.
    If you are Balance, but want to avoid some form of a silence effect for a period, it should let you go Feral and do COMPARABLE DPS, not 2-3x as much.
    If you are Feral, and a boss has a phase that only ranged can reach, it should let you do comparable damage to a Balance Druid for the duration, not 200k DPS.

    Do we see where it was horribly imbalanced now folks?
    I already said it should be the same like 4 times in the thread. Can you post some numbers here to show that it is by chance?
    Based on what the OP said it doesnt seem like it.

    Also take into mind people that if your not of that spec, you dont have all the bleeds, or dots. So ofc to have comparable dps ferocious bite and wrath are going to hit harder then they would in boomy/feral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  8. #48
    So little actual information in this thread. Anybody have any hard data on the actual nerf? Massive amounts of damage on a 6 minute CD sounds like an obvious PvP balance problem. It would be nice if they kept the throughput the same. One third damage on a 2 minute CD or half damage on a 3 minute CD.

  9. #49
    I'm actually glad the nerf was sooner than I expected, how can you be a balance and dps as cat , is just ridiculous to me.....it might be fight qq'ing in pvp, but in pve its not really ideal.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    I better see some warrior and hunter nerfs to go with this. There's nothing more obscene than warrior stun locks, and nothing more disgusting than the amount of sustained ranged burst a hunter can put out right now.
    You clearly don't know what 'sustained' is, because 'sustained' burst is the last thing Hunters have. The burst that they do have isn't even 'ranged' burst, as you put it. It's pet burst from melee.

  11. #51
    Mechagnome Venteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    You clearly don't know what 'sustained' is, because 'sustained' burst is the last thing Hunters have. The burst that they do have isn't even 'ranged' burst, as you put it. It's pet burst from melee.
    Unless you're an imbecile, you'll be targeting the hunter (not his pets), who is dealing his damage at ranged. At least in my experience as a boomkin, right now while fighting a hunter you need to do so with LOS accesible at all times to sneak in heals. Leaving yourself out in the open is a death wish considering the number of cooldowns, caster control, and baseline damage of their attacks. That, to me, is sustained damage. Use whatever definition of it you like.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

    Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    You clearly don't know what 'sustained' is, because 'sustained' burst is the last thing Hunters have. The burst that they do have isn't even 'ranged' burst, as you put it. It's pet burst from melee.
    please split more hairs. They do a disgusting amount of burst dmg atm, yet no stealth hotfix
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  13. #53
    As a Guardian, my wrath is still hitting for 78k (12k without HotW up). So good enough. Seems to have little effect on my cat form however. Not tried healing.

    Update: Healing Touch, 37k without 140k with. And something I dont see mentioned here is that this talent lets you cast Rejuvenation while in bear form (15k a tick). However it does NOT seem to effect Healing Touch from Natures Swiftness while in bear form.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2012-10-07 at 09:01 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    As a Guardian, my wrath is still hitting for 78k (12k without HotW up). So good enough. Seems to have little effect on my cat form however. Not tried healing.

    Update: Healing Touch, 37k without 140k with.
    So what were your wraths hitting for before? Less/more. We need better numbers.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    So what were your wraths hitting for before? Less/more. We need better numbers.
    No clue, never bothered to check it before the supposed stealth nerf. Just pointing out that the talent is still very good.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  16. #56
    Well atleast I had fun today with it (If europe gets the hot-fix soon) as feral druid DPS.

    90k DPS on HC dummy during the CD with 22 non-crits, 1 crit #Check

    2 warrios killed that didnt get shit what happens while doing daylies #Check

    No complanining here trough, just saying Im missing it, if nerf is out
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  17. #57
    Going to have to try it out more, but as resto the last few ferocious bites I used hit for about 40-50k. This was in Full honor pvp gear on targets who had no more then 310k health ( not full pvp gear).
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    Since today I am not getting 230k wrath crits anymore as feral but I do think it still does good dps but is not worth going out of catform anymore to get extra dps

    Right now it does still allow you todo ranged dps at the cost of no dps loss or it lets you tank or heal
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  19. #59
    I'm very surprised no one brought up Shadow Priests yet.

    You are missing the point of the entire skill. The skill was not designed to give you the power to two-shot people. The skill was designed to give you utility in dungeons and raids. The 6% increase to all stats is great withinitself, but throw in the ability to do things outside of your spec, and do them well, and you have a great talent.

    If you're crying because they didn't announce the nerf, then welcome to WoW. This happens almost every hotfix. If you're crying BECAUSE they nerfed it, then just stop, please. The skill is not useless by any means.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanLee View Post
    I'm very surprised no one brought up Shadow Priests yet.

    You are missing the point of the entire skill. The skill was not designed to give you the power to two-shot people. The skill was designed to give you utility in dungeons and raids. The 6% increase to all stats is great withinitself, but throw in the ability to do things outside of your spec, and do them well, and you have a great talent.

    If you're crying because they didn't announce the nerf, then welcome to WoW. This happens almost every hotfix. If you're crying BECAUSE they nerfed it, then just stop, please. The skill is not useless by any means.
    Epic first post. Please tell us more why everything but the 6% shouldnt be usefull.
    Why is it that performing the other spec has to go from OP dmg to crap. It should be comparable, you know, so you " can perform roles outside your normal specialization".
    Im frustrated when this gets a stealth hotfix and hunters are still 2 shotting people. Warriors are killing everything in sight in a shockwave/blanket silence.
    O and locks can soulstone in arena..
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •