1. #1
    Dreadlord I Knew It's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    894

    Apparently Warrior Damage Distribution Is Fine



    Am I the only one that really doesnt think that this is ok? I cant help but feel weird when playing my warrior, amazing at the start of the fight, insanely lackluster for the rest of the fight up until 20% where our damage is without a doubt broken.

    Now im not the best DPS Warrior so when it comes to those playing at a higher level than myself I have no doubt that the issue with how our damage is distributed will be even more obvious.

    Has a blue even commented on our damage distribution? If so, can someone link it.

    Surely with warriors performing like we are we are probably one of the weakest classes on progression up until the boss you are progressing on is progressed to the sub 20% stage.

  2. #2
    I do just fine outside of execute range, so much so that I am often riding threat with tanks (although the more they are hit the more threat they get).

    I have been arms up until last night and got some nice 1h weapons and went SMF , at first I was doing laughable damage, but once I reforged for hit and exp and found the rotation, I do just fine.

    The key is learning how to line up cooldowns properly, also learn to LOVE Bloodbath. I am finding that it is much better than Avatar (for PVE atleast) and easier to line up with other cooldowns (CS , enrages etc) where as Avatar is only used once or twice a fight, you can use Bloodbath 5-6 times (depending how long of a fight it is)

  3. #3
    I agree, and i think it would benefit you to go arms temporarily until higher crit levels. I only played DPS on spirit kings but arms feels alright to me with pretty even output throughout the fight. This is nothing but my opinion tho, i just think it felt alright while you obviously don't find fury alright atm.

  4. #4
    I found I do higher dps with avatar. On the troll boss I couldn't even get close to 60k dps, till I used avatar. Popped avatar + recklessness + skull banner. Before that I was using bloodbath every cooldown and my damage was around 50k. Its very very difficult to do viable dps right now. Using 2H fury, but the difference is not that huge between 1h and 2h though, and simcraft could be wrong which is better.
    Last edited by galvin; 2012-10-05 at 05:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Yes but you can use Bloodbath several times per fight.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    492
    Why waste time using bloodpath on bosses when you can do same damage with colossus+stormbolt? With blue 463 weapon the Highest crit i've gotten with skull banner+colossus smash has been 351k without other extra damage modifiers (personal highest is 1.03 million crit with at gate of the setting sun).

    If you're really lucky with crits, it can be your most damage done ability on bosses and even with bad luck still average somewhere 8-10% singletarget. That's about twice better than bloodpath what (without recklessness burst) averages somewhere 4-5% damage, at least when playing as arms.

    I don't know, after last hotfixes my rotation also feels wrong too. Opportunity Strike and melee never really crit anymore (my melee crit average has been about 5% instead of 25% with buffs) and with OS i've had 40 hit streak without getting single crit... Is it just me or has anyone else got similar issues today?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Why waste time using bloodpath on bosses when you can do same damage with colossus+stormbolt? With blue 463 weapon the Highest crit i've gotten with skull banner+colossus smash has been 351k without other extra damage modifiers (personal highest is 1.03 million crit with at gate of the setting sun).

    If you're really lucky with crits, it can be your most damage done ability on bosses and even with bad luck still average somewhere 8-10% singletarget. That's about twice better than bloodpath what (without recklessness burst) averages somewhere 4-5% damage, at least when playing as arms.

    I don't know, after last hotfixes my rotation also feels wrong too. Opportunity Strike and melee never really crit anymore (my melee crit average has been about 5% instead of 25% with buffs) and with OS i've had 40 hit streak without getting single crit... Is it just me or has anyone else got similar issues today?
    I fail to see your point.

    Stormbolt doesn't line up that well with CSmash and even though you're hitting for 351k, that isn't what the ability is really worth since you're replacing a GCD with it. I've had Crits for one hand of Raging Blow hit as hard as 200k and Dragon Roars up that high as well. So do you really thing that you can't overcome that one hit with Stormbolt over the duration of Bloodbath?

    Sure, right now Stormbolt is pretty enticing because there are gaps in our rotation due to low Crit, but as there are less and less gaps I see less and less of an argument for Stormbolt.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    492
    That's why I said "when playing as arms". Obviously colossus refreshes from melee attacks so it's highly likely that you can fit every stormbolt inside the colossus. I really don't care how well bloodlust aligns if it still tops at 6%, when stormbolt is closer to 10% on damage done per ability...

  9. #9
    you should check out my elegon dmg distribution its ridiculous, going from 100k to 600k in execute phase, this fight as 1h fury is going to be insane, but I really hate how lopsided it makes us

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...e/?s=113&e=673

  10. #10
    But there is a very very good reason for it to be like that on Elegon... It has to do with boss mechanics more than anything.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    I fail to see your point.

    Stormbolt doesn't line up that well with CSmash and even though you're hitting for 351k, that isn't what the ability is really worth since you're replacing a GCD with it. I've had Crits for one hand of Raging Blow hit as hard as 200k and Dragon Roars up that high as well. So do you really thing that you can't overcome that one hit with Stormbolt over the duration of Bloodbath?

    Sure, right now Stormbolt is pretty enticing because there are gaps in our rotation due to low Crit, but as there are less and less gaps I see less and less of an argument for Stormbolt.
    You can use Strombolt 2x for every Dragon Roar/Bloodbath. Landsoul's has stated in his latest youtube Strombolt was the way to go final tier talent for raiding, Arms and Fury. Just learn how to use it intelligently with rotations (excluding AoE fights for bloodbath/bladestorm.) Strombolt will remain one of your hardest hitting abilities throughout this expansion as your crit/weapon damage scales for raiding. Be flexible.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    You can use Strombolt 2x for every Dragon Roar/Bloodbath. Landsoul's has stated in his latest youtube Strombolt was the way to go final tier talent for raiding, Arms and Fury. Just learn how to use it intelligently with rotations (excluding AoE fights for bloodbath/bladestorm.) Strombolt will remain one of your hardest hitting abilities throughout this expansion as your crit/weapon damage scales for raiding. Be flexible.
    You're talking about his video that was made a month ago and was done in complete PvP gear? That one? The same video that said Arms was going to beat Fury by 10%? Oh, okay.

    Believe whatever you'd like.

  13. #13
    To be fair, I don't think Landsoul said that Arms was going to beat Fury by 10%, rather that it was ahead by 10% when he tested it and didn't see Fury scaling well enough to surpass it. That said, he is playing as Fury now so I have to wonder if he still believes that. I personally think Fury is going to scale tremendously well.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    You're talking about his video that was made a month ago and was done in complete PvP gear? That one? The same video that said Arms was going to beat Fury by 10%? Oh, okay.

    Believe whatever you'd like.
    Math doesn't lie. And Landsoul's sim math is never wrong, and still current. I'll believe in his results.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 02:59 AM ----------

    SMF is best DPS specc with gear, esp with more crit on top of it's damage %'s.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Math doesn't lie. And Landsoul's sim math is never wrong, and still current. I'll believe in his results.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 02:59 AM ----------

    SMF is best DPS specc with gear, esp with more crit on top of it's damage %'s.
    You're not paying attention to why those results are true... Also, the results are not current because we got nerfed since he posted that video. Jeez

    He was in full PVP gear so really that conclusion holds little to no value when talking about PvE gear.

    Not to mention, he is currently playing Fury with Bloodbath until just recently. This most likely has to do with facing Elegon since Bloodbath seems pretty useless on that fight.
    Last edited by Ochron; 2012-10-07 at 07:00 PM.

  16. #16
    I recently changed to Storm Bolt in place of Avatar just to fill the gaps in the arms rotation. I am currently waiting for a nice amount of crit to change to Fury with TG. At that point I will probably move back to Bloodbath maybe Avatar depending on how the CDs pan out with Fury.

    But at this moment in time, I do believe that Storm Bolt is a VERY good gap filler and I have seen a crit for 415K with Reck and SB'er up and both PvP trinkets giving me STR. The move is undeniably very hard hitting as well as useful.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •