Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Login Issues- 10/7/2012

Update - Maintenance Extended, no ETA, Update at 1:15PM PDT

Login Issues - 10/7/2012
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We are currently experiencing an issue after the performed rolling restarts that is affecting the authentication servers. We are currently investigating this issue and will provide further updates within an hour.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2012-10-07 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, Planetside 2 here I come. I can wait for the servers to work I assume.

D:!!
    just about to hit 90 >.<

Terrible timing, all the kiddos were asleep... Oh well..

10+ Year Old Account
    whew i was about to re install wow lol, time saved....

Rainy day and all I wanted to do was fucking play. >.<

Just wondering why the scheduled a restart at 10 am PST/1PM EST. And it has been scheduled since last night, just seems odd
    "Peace is a lie"

‎"Blizzard Entertainment is currently burning down to the ground thanks to the shit storm that is Mists of Pandaria, Thank you for your patience and money."

definitely thought it was my internet lol!

I understand these things happen. But why would you do it on a weekend that is mid day for 2/3rds the country and even pretty late morning on the west coast. Just seems like times that a lot of people would be online and playing.. and then when the servers come back up.. a lot of people slamming the servers to get back on. Never stops to amaze me how common sense is so disregarded.. and for what.. so the server guys could sleep in and get in some IHOP before getting to the office at a casual 10am? GG

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    going out of town soon and wanted to complete at least a few of these endless godforsaken dailies! Now I gotta miss 3 days instead of just 2! Gah my rep will be behind OMG! haha

This is something that should be done at like 3am PST when hardly anyone is affected by problems....its not like its the first time the authentication servers failed after a rolling restart---so Blizz should have been prepared or planned differently

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From reading another thread here, apparently there was a couple of hackers involved. They hacked servers insta killing everyone in Org & SW.

Yes, apparently happened this afternoon. Hacker/s killed lot of people in various servers.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/07/re...ertain-realms/

Quote Originally Posted by Maleren View Post
    From reading another thread here, apparently there was a couple of hackers involved. They hacked servers insta killing everyone in Org & SW.
    Thats cool...get the servers up and I can run to my body

Quote Originally Posted by Aunai View Post
    whew i was about to re install wow lol, time saved....
    such a logical statement. Nobody's forcing you to come back to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    such a logical statement. Nobody's forcing you to come back to WoW.
    Perhaps he was saying he thought the login issue was from his side and was going to reinstall to fix it. However, now he doesn't have to waste the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    This is something that should be done at like 3am PST when hardly anyone is affected by problems....its not like its the first time the authentication servers failed after a rolling restart---so Blizz should have been prepared or planned differently
    The rolling restarts were to fix an issue with players hacking the game, I doubt they were thinking about what issue might happen with log in servers. I'd rather have to wait an hour to log in than spend all day being insta killed in Orgrimmar.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Perhaps he was saying he thought the login issue was from his side and was going to reinstall to fix it. However, now he doesn't have to waste the time.
    That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    That's exactly how I took his statement, not that he had left and was coming back until this issue now.