Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    such a logical statement. Nobody's forcing you to come back to WoW.
    Notice he says "re install" not "un install."

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Aunai View Post
    whew i was about to re install wow lol, time saved....
    so then why are you looking up what going in with wow

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Some people are so quick to white knight this game when it doesn't need it. It's like a paranoia on the forums.

Who didn't see that comming, everytime they try and do something they mess the realms up for awhile we get 2 updates saying their working on it then usually another saying it will be up by 2pm pst ...sounds pretty dumb but we should be reimbursed gametime they mess up servers and not let people get on we still pay for the time i swear since vanilla i would have had a few free months all the work theyve done and messed up

Quote Originally Posted by darkpaladin01 View Post
    so then why are you looking up what going in with wow
    Did you make a new account to post this just because you saw our responses to the first person to call him out? He obviously was going to reinstall to fix the issue he thought was on his side.

sigh... figures, i work 16 hour days, this is first day in 5 days I only had to work 8, thought I had time to actually play

Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    sigh... figures, i work 16 hour days, this is first day in 5 days I only had to work 8, thought I had time to actually play
    That sucks. Always seems to be the case huh? You finally get some time and that's when you can't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Did you make a new account to post this just because you saw our responses to the first person to call him out? He obviously was going to reinstall to fix the issue he thought was on his side.
    Here's a prorated 12 cents for the four hours you won't be able to play.

I just finished Borderlands 2 with a friend just now. I can wait, I got a few shows to watch. =D
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it! /10char

Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    wow sounds like u got the same job as me i work 16 hours a day 3 days a week on a 7 days on 72 hours off schedule, hate shift work ...where the money is at thou for someone without a college degree

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Here's a prorated 12 cents for the four hours you won't be able to play.
    You know what's funny? There was a time that you would actually get free days credited because Blizz fucked up the servers.

http://imageshack.us/f/600/wowti.png/

Maybe we'll get a new raid boss out of this: Sha of Restarts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkeoughjr View Post
    Who didn't see that comming, everytime they try and do something they mess the realms up for awhile we get 2 updates saying their working on it then usually another saying it will be up by 2pm pst ...sounds pretty dumb but we should be reimbursed gametime they mess up servers and not let people get on we still pay for the time i swear since vanilla i would have had a few free months all the work theyve done and messed up
    So you'd rather be able to play a game that a couple of hackers are having the time of their lives in, then wait for a stable one that has the hacks fixed?

I seriously fear for the future of the human race, with logic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalkyrie View Post
    Yeah, when they fucked up the servers for oh I don't know, maybe a day. You ain't getting crap for a few hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalkyrie View Post
    The only thing it would drop is you. Offline.

Only Blizzard can break a game while trying to make it better.

Looks like some people found a way to get a hold of "test" items again -- as opposed to an outright server hack. And by 'test' items, I mean the various items that devs use to hard-test encounters and whatnot that can kill a target on use, or kill things in an area.

There were reports of a player getting their account banned back in WotLK when someone got a hold of one of these items to one-shot Flame Leviathan.

The video in the Joystiq article also demonstrates the use of an XYZ hack program do distort the vertical location of your character to simulate "flying". Such hack programs were prolific in the days of level 58 DK bots floating underground to mine in Wintergrasp.

point I'm getting at is: the servers did not get 'hacked'. The hacking is done on the client-end. Simply code vulnerabilities in the game itself instead of the hardware.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-10-07 at 07:00 PM.

You people are far too dependent on this game in order to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Actually, his post can be read both ways, and having it saying "un install" does not make sense in his statement. I'm sorry I read it the other way, but I guess it's because nowadays there are usually trolls bashing WoW whenever there is something to complain about.