Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Making gold off JC'ing in MoP???

Hey guys

So in cata i used to ore shuffle, cut blues and craft greens into jewellery and DE.

I wondered what i can do whilst the expansion is fresh to make some gold off of JCing? I dont have much gold (5k) so want to try and make enough to buy all the stuff I want!

Thanks guys!

The shuffle still works.

The shuffle definitely still works it just yields less than it did in cata

Right now I just prospect Ghost Iron Ore. Last night bought 5k worth, and currently I have the gems up on AH for 20k.

Well on Im doing it on Chogall but the thing is... I stopped buying ore to shuffle... Its so over saturated it's just as easy for me to mine and make pure profit from it bc my green gems are barely at 2g... Im hoping it changes.. But its definitely still worth it to shuffle.

Deleted
    so spend all gold on ghost iron. prospect. sell everything raw and uncut. done ? will this always make money?

im guessing i should just vendor greens? and only sell blues

Deleted
    made around 200 % PROFIT from each day when i do this shuffle. But go for trillium ore (it gives so many blues) couse you cant sell the items that you get from prospecting Ghost Iron ore for a higher profit. you cant sell serpents eye anymore and the green gem item disenchant aint so profitable. It also depends alot from your servers market And if they are still stuipid about Spirit Dust and making them into essence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooik View Post
    made around 200 % PROFIT from each day when i do this shuffle. But go for trillium ore (it gives so many blues) couse you cant sell the items that you get from prospecting Ghost Iron ore for a higher profit. you cant sell serpents eye anymore and the green gem item disenchant aint so profitable. It also depends alot from your servers market And if they are still stuipid about Spirit Dust and making them into essence.
    so you think buying trillium, selling rares and doing whatever with all else is the best move?

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    so you think buying trillium, selling rares and doing whatever with all else is the best move?
    Hell Naw... Trillium on my server is still going for 30g+ per ore... If you're going to buy ore, get ghost iron as it should be fairly cheap since it is easily farmed and just hope for rares. (even though my green gems are like 2g+ I still sell them on the ah bc i can still sell them fairly quickly.)

Deleted
    30 g each at my server aswell 5 of them 150 g. You get around 80ish % chance to get a blue gem boom sweet 300 g and there is a big chance to get 2 blue gems and even 3 gems aswell. like i said depending on the economy Quiker money and alot more time saving for ppl having some extra gold

Deleted
    they are 35g each on my server, so it is or isnt a good move to just buy and prospect them? with the odds of blues so high wont it be better overall?

ghost iron is 5g 20s just to add context

The shuffle still works...while I don't make as much as I did in Cata, I do understand that the 1st raid tier just went live and LFR isn't until next week so I can expect sales to start increasing as people get gear.

And no, don't sell greens. Make rings and necks. Sell the blue ones you make and DE the rest.

edit: Should also note that this is done on a server marked, last time I checked, as "New players".

I buy all the ghost iron ores I can find under my treshold. Prospect it all, make the ilevel 450 rings/necks ( still going for more than 6-700g more than mat price).
    Then I make metas.
    Rest of blue gems, I save until weekly reset(wednesday for me) and sell it then.

As for green gems, I make the rings/necks and disenchant them. Use the enchanting mats to craft enchants(mats arent selling at all + Mystic essence is like 6g..).
    Whatever is rest of the green gems, I find a cut I know is in demand and very few people list(so far) and hope for a Perfect.

Overall, this has worked very well for me. I bought ore for about 15k (160ish stacks) last sunday. Sold almost everything(Except ilevel 450 rings/necks) on wednesday. Looted 110.000 gold on thursday, and still holding more mats. That's 95k profit. 95k!
    At most, I had almost 20.000g an hour selling no big ticket items(ie, just gems/trillium bars / enchants )

I realize these pictures are redoncoulosly big, I've got no clue how to make them smaller.

Anyway, overall I like this shuffle better than cata shuffle. Yes, cata shuffle was both easier and more profitable, but you'd always end up with unused mats. In Mop shuffle, you can use everything to a better profit than vendoring it.

My best advice on how to make coin on the shuffle? Make sure you're selling at the right time. For instance, next wednesday(tuesday) my understanding is that LFR is coming out. You can expect a _much_ higher demand for consumables/gems, and you should have a healthy bag of items stocked up.
    Last edited by Dandy; 2012-10-07 at 10:51 PM.

Whatever you do, be aware that all of this is very server dependent: demand, ore prices, stuff like can vary a lot between servers.

The classical ore shuffle (ore - prospect - craft green rings/necklaces - disenchant - sell enchanting material + do something with the blue quality gems) is runnig at a huge loss on my server for the time being. Ghost Iron Ore is 120-140 gold, while Spirit Dust is maybe 60-70 per stack and Essence has been as low as 25 gold. There is also very limited demand for the 450 ilvl rings and necklaces. (My enchanter has not learned any MoP stuff yet, but I don't think that would change anything.)

I have stopped selling anything now and have decided to wait for the LFR to open. That should improve the situation, because people will start to enchant their gear and LFR gear will hopefully have some more gem sockets than HC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    The shuffle still works...while I don't make as much as I did in Cata, I do understand that the 1st raid tier just went live and LFR isn't until next week so I can expect sales to start increasing as people get gear.

And no, don't sell greens. Make rings and necks. Sell the blue ones you make and DE the rest.
    DE'ing the rest is not profitable anymore on my server at least. Your lucky to break even from what you could have made just by selling the raw gems.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zerakou View Post
    it's just as easy for me to mine and make pure profit from it
    Except it's not "pure profit."

cba to explain basic economics.

Quick question. My JC is 600 but only level 82. Is there any way for me to get the patterns for the green items to craft and disenchant?

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    DE'ing the rest is not profitable anymore on my server at least. Your lucky to break even from what you could have made just by selling the raw gems.
    I don't know how your server is, but I know on mine I go even and then some just from rare gems. So the rest of the mats(Serpent's,green gems) is already pure profit. From then on, it's all about finding the way that makes you the most amount of gold. That said, there's really only 3 ways..
    Selling them raw.
    Cutting them, and selling the perfects
    Or disenchanting them.

Now, I can't see how selling them raw or selling perfects will bring in more than enchants. Of course, it's all server dependant, but if you sell at the right time(ie, after resets) prices should rise quite a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Quick question. My JC is 600 but only level 82. Is there any way for me to get the patterns for the green items to craft and disenchant?
    Those should be learned from the trainer in any city. It's only the ilevel 450 rings/necks, and your own super gems that has to be trained in Jade forest.

Shuffle is viable atm. Only producing around 20-30% ROI though.

JC is currently a dead gold maker on my server, (High Pop).

Ghost Iron sells for ~5g per ore, so 25g per Prospect with green gems selling for ~90s raw and nothing cut (they just don't sell).
    Cut Rare gems sell for ~150g with the Raw's selling for 200+ (Orange and Red) the other colors are about 40g raw, 20g cut
    (edit: I was prospecting Ghost Iron in mass relying solely on profit from Rare gems, but was often only breaking even if that. Only Orange + Reds are worth anything).
    Serpent's eyes are down to 12g
    ilvl 450 Necks/Rings are selling for ~150g
    JC Mounts sell for about 25k, so only 'profitable' if you can provide your own mats, but you'd make more selling the mats as Living steel is ~1.5kea

Trillium sells for ~30g/ore, Kaparite about the same as Ghost Iron.

Every now and again you'll find a Gem that's run out of (or almost out of) supply on the AH listed for ~400g, within a few hours it gets flooded all the way down to 100g or less.

Virtually all my gold in MoP has come from holding onto Mining and converting Spirits into Golden Lotus.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2012-10-09 at 01:37 AM.