Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TradeSkillMaster Addon Overview

TradeSkillMaster (aka TSM) is a modular addon suite designed to help both casual gold makers as well as experienced auction house goblins streamline their gold-making processes including everything from crafting things to buying mats to dealfinding lists (aka "snatch lists" in other addons) to posting and canceling auctions to everything in between. The goal of the addon is to consolidate all the different tasks performed by gold-makers in an efficient way to take time away from the tedious steps of turning a profit (calculating item costs, buying materials, determining sale prices, etc) while at the same time remaining light-weight and customizable.

Currently, TradeSkillMaster has 11 modules including the core. A short description and curse link for each module can be found below. The only required module is the core TradeSkillMaster addon. The others can be enabled or disabled freely.

Click on an image to view it larger. View more screenshots here.

TradeSkillMaster (Curse Link)
    This is the core addon which provides centralized frames and structure for all other modules. By itself it does not do much, but is required for any other module to work. Also, it lets you change the look and feel of the common TradeSkillMaster frames, share these themes with others, and import themes which others have created.

TradeSkillMaster_Accounting (Curse Link)
    Accounting keeps track of every sale and purchase you make via the auction house as well as trades with other players. This data is then displayed in easily filtered lists as well as in item's tooltips. There are other features like viewing a sale/purchase history for items, viewing total gold spent/earned, and more.

TradeSkillMaster_AuctionDB (Curse Link)
    AuctionDB keeps a database of market value and minimum buyout information for every item on the auction house which can be viewed in item tooltips or through a database search interface. Other modules can use AuctionDB's data in their calculations.

TradeSkillMaster_Auctioning (Curse Link)
    Auctioning is one of the most powerful (and popular) of the TSM modules. It allows you to setup hierarchical rules for how you want to post and cancel your auctions. Once setup, you can run a post scan which will first scan the auction house for all items which you have in your bags (and have rules set for) and then allow you to post them according to these rules at an extremely rapid rate. The post scan is just one of a handful of features this module provides for efficiently and effectively managing your auctions.

TradeSkillMaster_Crafting (Curse Link)
    Crafting is the most popular module as it will, with a single click, create a queue of profitable items for you to craft. As with all modules, Crafting is very configurable and allows you to fine tune what and how many items you want to craft. Once the queue is created and you've collected the materials, the actual crafting can be done easily and efficiently.

TradeSkillMaster_Destroying (Curse Link)
    Destroying takes the generic milling/prospecting/disenchanting macro to the next level. Using a method that's unique to TSM_Destroying, it can reduce the amount of time it takes you to mill or prospect by upwards of 25%.

TradeSkillMaster_ItemTracker (Curse Link)
    ItemTracker maintains a database of items you have on your characters. This includes items in your bags, bank, guild banks, mailboxes, auctions, and even secondary accounts. This data can then be used by other modules as well as displayed in item tooltips.

TradeSkillMaster_Mailing (Curse Link)
    Mailing's most powerful feature is the ability to, with a single click once the mailbox is open, automatically send items to another character according to your settings. As well as general item movement between alts, a common use-case of auto-mailing is mailing JC rings to your enchanter to d/e as you craft them to prevent your bags from becoming full; thus allowing you to hit "craft all" and go AFK without worrying about your bags becoming full and interrupting the crafting.

TradeSkillMaster_Shopping (Curse Link)
    Shopping's features include an auction house search interface, shopping and dealfinding (aka "snatch") lists, saved recent searches, a crafting mats search, and much more. The results of these searches are displayed in a convenient manner which is unique to TSM.

TradeSkillMaster_Warehousing (Curse Link)
    Warehousing simplifies the tedious task of moving items between your bags and your bank or guild bank. On-top of moving items in crafting queues or auctioning groups, this module allows you to empty your bags into your bank or guild bank and then later restore them to the previous state.

TradeSkillMaster_WoWuction (Curse Link)
    WoWuction brings WoWuction statistics in game. WoWuction is a powerful web-based auction house tool which is constantly collected data on every US and EU auction house and aggregating it into useful statistics, graphs, and lists. This module includes both the realm-specific, and region-wide (ie US / EU wide) pricing data to be displayed in item tooltips as well as used by other modules.

Below are some important links where you can find more information about TSM, learn how to use it, and get any questions you may have answered!
    Last edited by Sapu94; 2012-12-12 at 08:47 AM. Reason: just now noticed a typo...must fix!

If anyone is into making gold and playing the auction house as more than a casual, this is the best addon you will ever install.

/Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    If anyone is into making gold and playing the auction house as more than a casual, this is the best addon you will ever install.

/Thumbs up.
    Yep. This addon is how I've made over 2m+ gold, very easily.

I know it's an amazing addon when it works but since MoP it has been broken for me to a point where not even the basic search function will work anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Made well over a million gold in the last year and 3 months using TSM. Some aspects of its interface are a bit quirky at times, but it has all the features you will need to be a mass AH poster and a big time player.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I know it's an amazing addon when it works but since MoP it has been broken for me to a point where not even the basic search function will work anymore.
    Huh. Try the alphas from Curseforge (http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/tradeskill-master/). They're updated almost daily.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Yep. This addon is how I've made over 2m+ gold, very easily.
    Could you explain how exactly one can use this addon to make that much gold? I play the auction house occasionally but from the looks of it this addon is pretty confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Make sure you got all the latest versions etc. If you have issues after that hop into the irc chat.

Lovely screenshots wondering who made them.....

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    Could you explain how exactly one can use this addon to make that much gold? I play the auction house occasionally but from the looks of it this addon is pretty confusing.
    Make sure to check the video guides by faid. Explains a lot. Every realm has its own gold making tactics and tricks. Also check out the consortium for goldmaking chatter and talk. Start slowly and build up to ur big goblin gold empire.
    Last edited by Cryan; 2012-10-07 at 09:41 PM.

TSM is truly an absolutely fantastic addon. Completely revolutionized the gold-making World of Warcraft niche and it's always a pleasure to be able to interact with Sapu and the rest of the TSM team on a daily basis through IRC and the forums regardless of if our discussions are to do with gold making and addons or not

*Lurks back to his spot in the Stormspire*

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryan View Post
    Make sure you got all the latest versions etc. If you have issues after that hop into the irc chat.

Lovely screenshots wondering who made them.....

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 09:33 PM ----------

Make sure to check the video guides by faid. Explains a lot. Every realm has its own gold making tactics and tricks. Start slowly and build up to ur big goblin gold empire.
    ^ stormspire.net is also another place you'd most likely want to start as well.

TSM being broken is usually due to lack of updates on user's end. Sapu maintains TSM the best out of any addons I've seen.
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-10-07 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think about it, GET IT! This addon will allow you to post your auctions and cancel them with a scroll of a mouse wheel. If you are looking for the best addon for gold making and want to save loads of time while doing it, this is the addon you should get hands down.

It might seem overwhelming at first glance but once you get it set up and rolling you will never look back. You will be craving more and you will end up installing every module. I suggest starting out slow and working your way in to more advanced features. Check out the video guides Sapu mentioned to get you going!

Made over a million of gold and still making around 60k weekly. Very good addon, needs set up and it will become like automatic player.
    I spent a lots of hours with this addon. It knows everything.
    Gold literally flows in my bags. But needs a lot of work, materials and time.
    Time is money.

im gold capped ... but really want to learn this addon. have installed it onced but became overwhelmed since there are so much things ... could use a short 'how-to', this might be the one =)

Deleted
    Since everyone else already commented on how great the addon is, I'll share how great TradeSkillMaster team is.

I had the pleasure on working with them on WoWuction integration and was impressed with Sapu and the rest of the guys. They are incredibly helpful and completely committed to making the best auction house addon out there.

I choose this addon not only for what it is, but also for how fast it is evolving and improving!

Great job guys!

does the crafting/destroying addon work for any tradeskill or just the trade the character you are using at that moment?

So would this replace auctioneer then I take it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been in wow since Vanilla off and on and I haven't been really hardcore until end of Cata and I have never been one to sit on alot of money, now that MoP is here, I have 1 90 (DK) maxed Mining/Engineering/Cooking/Fishing/Archaelogy/First Aid - 86 Rogue maxed herbing/inscription - 85 Priest Max JC/Alchemy ... can anyone give me some pointers or tips where I could start off making some money? Trying to stop living at like 1k between all my toons. Thanks in advance guys!

I have like 15k gold with these addons would I be able to make more or less gold?
    I play on a very high pop realm on the EU.

Is this only for hardcore moneymakers or would this be useful for casuals as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Is this only for hardcore moneymakers or would this be useful for casuals as well?
    I'm a casual and its useful just from so many little time saver things. The mailbox portion alone saves me so much time let alone the auction house/crafting which are great and other modules i have yet to break into.

I gave it a try when LilSparky's Workshop was broken in 5.0.4, but with TSM I had too many redundances with other addons. Altoholic, Auctioneer, Auctionator, Postal and LilSparky's Workshop work better for me and my interface still looks wow-ish. The TSM interface wasn´t my cup of tea and it didn´t work that good.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armory View Post
    I have been in wow since Vanilla off and on and I haven't been really hardcore until end of Cata and I have never been one to sit on alot of money, now that MoP is here, I have 1 90 (DK) maxed Mining/Engineering/Cooking/Fishing/Archaelogy/First Aid - 86 Rogue maxed herbing/inscription - 85 Priest Max JC/Alchemy ... can anyone give me some pointers or tips where I could start off making some money? Trying to stop living at like 1k between all my toons. Thanks in advance guys!
    With Ghostiron Ore at 19g90/Pcs you don´t have to be a money making genius to get rich atm. Gems and enchants are always good to make some money as well.