Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Replaced by a Range Class

so today i got replaced by a range class (mage) and they got to elegon now im thinking about taking a break until the end of the expasion anyone else feels that way ? i dont have fun with my rogue anymore im still good at DPS i was 1 place on the stoneguard and the second boss but got replaced by mage on soulbinder :/ theres 2 options 1) quit 2) reroll
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-10-07 at 08:55 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

heul net...

Post constructively, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-08 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ermmm.... just get another group to raid with... is not like all DPS in all raids are a range class

Deleted
    There's absolutely no reason to replace a rogue on Elegon let alone Spiritbinder. Your cleave would be good for the protectors, and the phasechange for when you gather up for the large abundance of adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here as a retri paladin it's not even heroic raid progress yet and I'm getting replaced I don't mind getting replaced to be honest if it's for the sake of the progress and setup I don't blame the raid leader or the group but I blame blizzard tbh why range classes will always have the upper hand no matter what the situation is. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for tank and spank tactic boss but this is really getting annoying on how melees are so gimped by so many encounters in current content and this is not the first time it happens.

Deleted
    its the first week of the raid being out, I'd settle down and see what happens, seems like your over reacting

im not overreacting i just dont like how rogue plays atm and since its normale being gimped at the sart of every expasion and being replaced by range classes its not the first time i get replaced like that its been like that since BC and im okay with it i just took a break every now and then and started to raid at mid end of expansion
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Having melee classes in general seems like a liability for now. People just don't have the gear yet to validate their presence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    so today i got replaced by a range class (mage) and they got to elegon now im thinking about taking a break until the end of the expasion anyone else feels that way ? i dont have fun with my rogue anymore im still good at DPS i was 1 place on the stoneguard and the second boss but got replaced by mage on soulbinder :/ theres 2 options 1) quit 2) reroll
    On Elegon? Wow, then there must be something seriously wrong.

We actually got a kill ourselves just few hours ago and I felt very useful on that boss. I really enjoyed cleave damage on Protectors. Sprint and Shadowstep are helpful for moving across the room. Damage on Energy Charges feels very stable (unlike some crit classes that are very RNG) - after learning how to organize my "cooldowns" (pool energy on this one, redirect on that one) I had no issues with my sparks at all. And the most important of all - Feint and Cloak of Shadows. I might not be on top of the Damage meter (I think I actually was anyway, but it was very balanced), but being on the very bottom of Damage Taken just makes me feel good.

So yeah, from the bosses we killed so far, I think Elegon allows to use the most of rogue kit. Except brainless cleaving on the dogs, of course.
    Last edited by mmocd4c3cb2719; 2012-10-07 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    And the most important of all - Feint and Cloak of Shadows. I might not be on top of the Damage meter (I think I actually was anyway, but it was very balanced), but being on the very bottom of Damage Taken just makes me feel good.
    This got us the TSG kill (I was still on top of the charts, but I kept getting chained to healers who were a bit slower and getting me back to melee range), and apart from a short bout of tanking Feng, the ability to control situations and just not need healing have been key so far. We'll see how it goes continuing when there are dangers like enrage timers... but as far as survival goes, being melee hasn't been an issue because of our kit.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please quit. It also would be easier for you and longer lasting if you also cease to post or visit any game related sites as well. Good Luck in the future!

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-08 at 01:33 PM.

Eh, it's really hit and miss. Right now it's only normal mode and I would not worry about it

Unless your guilds strats cater to your cleaving you will be near the bottom of the meters.

My guilds strats almost always punish melee these days, so it sucks.

As a 6/6 bear so far, I have to agree that too many fights punish melee.
    Stone guard and chains
    Elegon and resetting stacks
    Will and forcing melee to dodge like a tank but sporadically.

Instead of 25% melee damage buff it should've been a 90% damage reduction for melee classes during the game to give them an opportunity to dps the boss during it's uptime.
    But alas, we had to sit one of our 2 melee on the will fight for a ranged (well, we actually tried 3 healing but just had the pally beacon our squishy as hell monk while his shaman healer did him and the raid). I feel sorry for melee already, bad fight designs for them.

Well there is very little reason to pick a melee dps over a ranged dps, at least as far as the range difference goes.

We should be happy that Discipline Priests are not out-DPSing us on non-cleave fights xD

Range > Melee in general these days, you have to seriously fight to earn a spot as melee and be ready to play better than you average range when it comes to mechanics.

If I didn't despise leveling so much, I'd reroll myself.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I'm almost everytime damage taken place 10 out of 10, and damage done place 1 in our raid. Feint and double CoS are really nice in current content. Don't see myself exchanged for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Range > Melee in general these days,
    Only in damage, not in utility and damage absorb capability in current content.
    Every DK, ret, rogue and monk I saw took less damage than the ranges. Your healers will be glad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    Only in damage, not in utility and damage absorb capability in current content.
    Every DK, ret, rogue and monk I saw took less damage than the ranges. Your healers will be glad.
    But, arguably, that's what you do NOT want to be good at. Ideally, you'd want your dps to be as competitive as that of the ranged, so the fight, its phases, and whatever adds that might be involved, will all go down faster, thus saving the precious mana of your healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Same here as a retri paladin it's not even heroic raid progress yet and I'm getting replaced I don't mind getting replaced to be honest if it's for the sake of the progress and setup I don't blame the raid leader or the group but I blame blizzard tbh why range classes will always have the upper hand no matter what the situation is. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for tank and spank tactic boss but this is really getting annoying on how melees are so gimped by so many encounters in current content and this is not the first time it happens.
    Has someone forgotten about rogue legendaries in Cataclysm? World of Logs would like to have a word with you. How about Majordomo Staghelm or Baleroc in Firelands where you got the opportunity to stand behind the boss the entire time smacking him around? Sure some fights are biased towards ranged, just as some fights are biased toward melee. How bout in WotLK when every Ret paladin and DK was wielding Shadowmourne and tearing up the charts while the lowly ranged players were crying themselves to sleep at night? Yep, ranged classes sure do "always have the upper hand no matter what the situation is".

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Having melee classes in general seems like a liability for now. People just don't have the gear yet to validate their presence.
    Not true.. I crush ranged atm in the raids... Your melee must just be bad...