Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFR requires communication? How the hell will that work out? Everyone needs to be in vent? Because typing in the middle of a raid is not gonna work.

Player 1: Hey, stop standing in the fire!

Player 1: Whoops.. fire appeared below my feet while I was typing and killed me

Think it's time to stick to normal raids :P You just can't expect coordination from the average donald in a pug. Rarely do they even understand what basic features in the game means.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Yeah first 2 weeks or so I'm not going in without at least 15 guildies with me.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

100% supreme total wipesfest unleszs u que with 15 dedicated players before u que up.
    Why? there is always 5 bot's 5afk/follow 5people are plain retard's 5people use gear not ment for their class.
    and 5 players are good

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is not good, and I expect it to be seriously nerfed. The worst time I ever had with the group finder was in t11 heroics, where basically two wipes per group were guaranteed in a pug.

If wiping becomes part of the routine, Blizzard will have finally succeeded to keep me out of LFR, even on my alts.
    Yeah imagine dying in a group, everything should just bend over when you walk in amirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The only problem is that in this situation, a handful of inexperienced players unwilling to listen can completely hamper a group of players who otherwise know what they're doing or are willing to learn. Hell, even a fully geared raider popping in to help his buddy can't make up for one knuckledragger who blows up half the raid. even more so if said knuckledragger isn't willing to learn, and especially if there are more people in the group like him (which there are likely to be.)

And really, it's not just the knuckledraggers. I actually believe there are more players out there willing to learn and succeed than there are drooling idiot players who couldn't be assed to do anything other than hit their buttons. But even the player willing to learn, or who has read up on the fight, is not going to really get a feel for it until they've actually done it. In that first attempt, however, they could very well contribute to blowing the fight, causing all the rile and unrest the average knuckledragger while having the best intentions in mind. The time it takes them to learn the fight is substantially lengthened, and perhaps discouraging, by other knuckledraggers, and even by other eager players who might not know exactly what is what yet.
    "a handful of inexperienced players unwilling to listen" can do like my extremely casual GF guild do. Gets 5-6 guildies/friends together and pugs the remaining for a normal 10 men. Yes its harder than the LFR but quite honestly it will probably be easier (and less stressfull) than running a LFR with kunckleheads.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they hotfix nerf Yor'sahj shortly after DS LFR release? If there's something actually capable of wiping the raid, I expect it will end in the same way. Damage will be gutted, chaining will be removed, there won't be as many debuffs and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Yeah imagine dying in a group, everything should just bend over when you walk in amirite?
    In a PUG, things should die smoothly to a group of 4-5 mediocre players.

One bad dps should not be able to completely waste 4 other people's time like what was happening in t11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put: I quit 3 weeks after DS LFR launch, and guess what, came back the week before mop and people were still wiping on the same shit, and queing in all blues and greens saying IM JUST HERE FOR LOOT MAN, WHERE ELSE WOULD I GET LOOT?

This will be a massive failure and will be nerfed within the week.

C'mon, we all know this will be nerfed faster than you can say "CC".
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If the number of players complaining about it being easy is large enough and loud enough to warrant being addressed, exactly how would you propose to address those complaints and not make it harder?
    It's... somewhat confusing. People said things like "LFR is faceroll" "LFR is way too watered down" "Looking for Retard" and all of that, in that Looking for Raid was able to be done with players that were AFK, not very well geared, etc. Yet people weren't too quick to jump and say "This group of 25 randomly assembled people should be faced with more challenging content." And while I do agree that LFR was easy, I also believe that that level of difficulty was more or less warranted by its format.

Now, perhaps Blizzard effectively "knows something we don't." Perhaps it was a case of players basically "conforming to mediocrity" because nothing more was required. LFR was only in testing mode during 4.3, perhaps Blizzard has compared release content from previous expansions and cobbled together something that will turn out alright. Like I said, this all has yet to be seen.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    In a PUG, things should die smoothly to a group of 4-5 mediocre players.

One bad dps should not be able to completely waste 4 other people's time like what was happening in t11.
    Taking the time to explain things to people works too, you dont have to charge the second you enter you know.
    And you will clear raidfinder with a group of mediocre people, maybe just not with 20 baddies in there, but they probaly don't have the itemlevel yet anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wont be too difficult. If not enough pugs fail to clear the raids, they will be made easier. How much is enough is something only Blizzard knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    What you guys think?
    That this stuff you quoted is only PR and everything remains the same. Just think of Spine or Hagara in LFR, those were already great wipe candidates due to no communication. And you want to increase the gaps on all ends?

Just think of your bg-experiences, there's always only one thing to do (carry a flag, defend a position) and people can't do that properly after several years of playing. Why would they bother with several mechanics per boss? They just want some competition on the damage meters and the chance on shiny epics once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    but the cata dungeons were easy even pre nerf
    If you actually think that's how things worked out, I pity you.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will be as hard as people say it was on beta. Given the fact that a lot of dailies and questing was made easier too on live compared to beta.

Also Blizzard wants people to be able to do LFR and won't make it very hard. If there are people that want to go beyond LFRand use LFR to gear up for it, they will actually encourage that. So LFR will be quite easy and people will have some basic understanding and decent gear to go to the next evel if they want.... same as gearing up for heroic is done in normal....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

They were easy, they just weren't easy with braindead players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully most of the idiots won't have the required ilvl the first week. But with 5 mans being very easy, it's not exactly hard to get ilvl 463.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    With guildies they were easy.

In pugs they were a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    DS LFR wasn't that easy the first time either

As soon as people get gear and have done the fight a few times it'll be as hard as one expect LFR to be.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I'm fine with harder, provided they raise the number of kicks so groups can get rid of all the under-performers. Otherwise a run will never be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    DS LFR wasn't that easy the first time either

As soon as people get gear and have done the fight a few times it'll be as hard as one expect LFR to be.
    The guide to this one mentions quite a few raid-wiping mechanics per boss. They're probably going to have to nerf it down a bit to reach LFR-DS levels of ease.

Also, berserk timers are in effect.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."