Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else hate Invocation?

I hate all of our level 90 talents, not only do you have to channel evocation for 5 or so seconds, it's so inconvinient, and none of the other talents are viable, (unless you are standing still all the time than the other one is)... I had so much fun in cata being a mage now I regret leveling this toon first..

Not really, no.
    And please don't spout uninformed rubbish like "none of the others are viable", I've used all three in Mogu'Shan Vaults. IW is far better than the other two for certain encounters...

Yes, the lvl 90 talents instantly showed me I would not enjoy dpsing on my mage in MoP.

I also don't like casting frost/arcane spells as fire etc, but hey.

Deleted
    For me yes, Evocation talent is clearly a pain in the a**. I don't like stopping my dps during such a long time just for the sake of gaining a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yes, the lvl 90 talents instantly showed me I would not enjoy dpsing on my mage in MoP.
    Which is why mine is parked at lvl 88 until they're made less annoying. They're "viable" for doing competitive damage. They're not "viable" for people who want to enjoy the game that they're playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I"m not really keen on either of those 3.. They're boring/dull and we should've gotten something awesome instead of these talents tbfh At the start I was really annoyed by invocation because i tend to forget to reapply the buff, but i've gotten more used to it now. It's just that sometimes I can't seem to line up nice crits for a good combustion and still have the buff up.. really shitty

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sattori View Post
    Which is why mine is parked at lvl 88 until they're made less annoying. They're "viable" for doing competitive damage. They're not "viable" for people who want to enjoy the game that they're playing.
    I'm enjoying myself though

Well, I was really not looking forward to the lvl 90 talents. Now after having used Invocation for a while, I can say that its not that bad. The biggest issue is to remember to reapply it but there are addons for that. On the other hand, whenever I do remember to keep it up almost continuously, I get questions. Questions like "holy #%$& how are you doing that much dps". So its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Not really, no.
    And please don't spout uninformed rubbish like "none of the others are viable", I've used all three in Mogu'Shan Vaults. IW is far better than the other two for certain encounters...
    I dont know about you but most of the top mages are using invocation

invocation is amazing for frost spec.

Invocation on Frost and Rune of Power on Arcane are just givens, since they work a lot better with those specs mechanics.

I think I'm growing a bit fond of Invocation, since I am balanced around having to use it, and in those last 6 seconds of the buff I have to make an intelligent decision regarding CDs coming up and procs on my screen. Maybe it will also cause my warlock friend and guildie to give me less "lolmage" grief. :P

Quote Originally Posted by hex85 View Post
    They are situational talents. If you are using just one for every single raid boss then you are far, far from a "top mage".

Good to know I'm not the only one who hates all the level 90 talent choices. They make dpsing as a mage much less fun for me. IMO, they should just give us the damage buff and remove those talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They are situational talents. If you are using just one for every single raid boss then you are far, far from a "top mage".
    Any fight with any type of movement invocation is better... even with no movement invocation might be better

Any fight with any type of movement invocation is better...
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1463/incanters-ward

During beta and now on the live WoW forums there's been a slew of threads about the unpopularity of these level 90 talents. To be brief, the consensus is that Invocation and Rune of Power could both use some quality of life changes, such as the SP buff stacking in increments of 5, and removing RoP's cast time. I personally still enjoy Mages as a whole, but the 90 talents are my biggest area of concern and have been since beta.

I think it is the most reliable, once you know the timing of various boss activities you can time the evocations well.

The only issue I'm having is that sometimes I might get no arcane missile procs during the 40 seconds... so I'm doing a fair whack of scorch spam or re-evocating within 40 seconds.

The only change I'd make currently is to have the proc rate of Arcane Missiles increase the longer it hasn't had a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I"m not really keen on either of those 3.. They're boring/dull and we should've gotten something awesome instead of these talents tbfh
    have you looked at the level 90 warlock talents? be thankful that yours atleast do something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    LFR isn't broken. People are just assholes.

i hate having to use invocation. although it might get better with more haste.

I tested all 3 and concluded that I like Incanters Ward the most for most situations.
    Main reason: It doesnt remove/replace the normal Evocation.
    Secondary reason: It adds an additional spell that increase your DPS by a littel(6%) and if used right, much(30% between its short cooldowns) all this while still leaving good old Evocation that can be used normaly with the healing glyph.