1. #1

    What's all the fuss with warriors?

    I just dinged 90 on my warrior and have 450 ilvl and am doing absolutely terribly in PvP.
    I am not a new player and have had my warrior for 5 years, my damage is nothing to write home about and get killed insanely quickly by ranged classes, especially warlocks with their 240k chaos bolts.

    So why is everyone demanding warriors be nerfed?

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Ahahaha yo this guy ahaha oh man you're a good a laugh OP but you JUST hit lvl 90 of course you are going to do terrible, Try VS'ing a good warrior I dare you I double dare you to do it right now. There like cata rogues but better

    ~Giggle~ SECOND WIND LOLOL

    Of course you are going to get hit for 200k+ chaos bolts, I've done 300k+ on people WITH NO RESILIENCE whatsoever if they have a decent amount my chaos bolts will hit through you for 80-150k

    Like go look at the official forum they will tell WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM

    BTW if your letting a warlock free cast a CB you're just bad sorry ESPECIALLY if you are a warrior ( LOL GAG ORDER )
    Last edited by N-aix; 2012-10-11 at 04:31 AM.

  3. #3
    Why are you letting warlocks hard cast CB? They should be about the least of your worries 1v1.

    Sarcasm aside, I think warriors are kind of back in their BC form. Not really excellent 1v1 (not bad either) but incredibly good with support.

    Also, anything without heavy burst is going to complain about second wind.

  4. #4
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,139
    Just cause you're not new doesn't automatically make you good.

  5. #5
    Because they have become the new melee mage.

    Insane control, you can single-handedly lock out a caster or healer all game. Shockwave, pummel, disrupting shout, charge stun, gag order, fear, disarm.
    Insane Burst, all cooldowns stacked together with one macro. Execute hits stupidly hard still.
    Insane Mobility, Intervene(or to Banner), Charge, Leap, Avatar.
    Insane Survivability with spell reflect, second wind, shield wall, the parry cooldown(with 20% dr), rallying cry, dr banner.

    If you are letting a warlock get a Chaos bolt off you probably don't need to be worrying about which classes are 'strong and weak' right now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Because they have become the new melee mage.

    Insane control, you can single-handedly lock out a caster or healer all game. Shockwave, pummel, disrupting shout, charge stun, gag order, fear, disarm.
    Insane Burst, all cooldowns stacked together with one macro. Execute hits stupidly hard still.
    Insane Mobility, Intervene(or to Banner), Charge, Leap, Avatar.
    Insane Survivability with spell reflect, second wind, shield wall, the parry cooldown(with 20% dr), rallying cry, dr banner.

    If you are letting a warlock get a Chaos bolt off you probably don't need to be worrying about which classes are 'strong and weak' right now.
    100% this.

    Also, this rustled my jimmies a bit. http://i.imgur.com/R9v1V.jpg Check my chat box to see why; it's simple math.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I think warriors are kind of back in their BC form.
    ^^^ people are too used to cata and too a smaller extent wrath where warriors were basically free hks and now they got buffed to being viable people complain about how OP and unkillable they are, when in actuality all blizzard did was un-nerf them.

    oh and btw, second wind heals for 2% of hp (less than other % heals such as recup) in pvp environments and it is lowered to approx 1.5% with a mortal strike debuff (which warriors, rogues, monks, hunters, DKs - kind of - and frost mages have), not to mention second wind only procs its heal in execute range..... so yeah

    and this is coming from a guy whose warrior is only lvl 76 and hasnt been touched since half way through cata

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    100% this.

    Also, this rustled my jimmies a bit. http://i.imgur.com/R9v1V.jpg Check my chat box to see why; it's simple math.
    DKs and feral druids and rogues did that all through cata (and DKs in wrath but we all know that story) with healers and other casters - save the occasional frost mage - and also blizzard wanted execute abilities to literally execute a player when they got within execute range (paladins being the exception to this rule because of wings spam), if i remember correctly there was a huge shitstorm about it on the PTR forums a while back because of this change
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  8. #8
    I've to get some pvp gear for my warrior and get out there to enjoy this while I can.
    Warriors have been so ineffective and mostly redundant in PVP for so many years, if this is actually true at all it's about time we weren't a joke people dimissed as an easy kill. Listening to people actually complain about a warrior is like music to my ears.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    ^^^ people are too used to cata and too a smaller extent wrath where warriors were basically free hks and now they got buffed to being viable people complain about how OP and unkillable they are, when in actuality all blizzard did was un-nerf them.
    How soon we have forgotten week 1 cata warriors...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I've to get some pvp gear for my warrior and get out there to enjoy this while I can.
    Warriors have been so ineffective and mostly redundant in PVP for so many years, if this is actually true at all it's about time we weren't a joke people dimissed as an easy kill. Listening to people actually complain about a warrior is like music to my ears.
    I'm sorry but you have serious... issues ? Warriors had 2 bloody bad seasons... the rest they were dominating. If you refer to 1v1 or 2v2 you loose all credibility since the game isn't ballanced around that. Try being a retri paladin... We had season with only 3 paladins over 2.2kish \o/(Of course the World highest at 3003 but that was ONE guy).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I'm sorry but you have serious... issues ? Warriors had 2 bloody bad seasons... the rest they were dominating. If you refer to 1v1 or 2v2 you loose all credibility since the game isn't ballanced around that. Try being a retri paladin... We had season with only 3 paladins over 2.2kish \o/(Of course the World highest at 3003 but that was ONE guy).
    Even if it was one guy, it still shows that it was possible.
    In honor of all the kids bringing up my avatar:
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wow, for someone with a trollface avatar, you are pretty bad at this.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord zshikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    993
    With warriors where they are now maybe I can finally convince my wife to do arena with me. <3 She's been playing a warrior since we started in BC, and I've been a shaman since early wrath. Sounds like a good 2s team to me ^_^.

    You know, Blizzard has done overall a decent job balancing classes. Just about any class and any spec can get a high arena rating with enough skill and enough gear. There will always be a FotM, but for the most part every class can get up there if they are good enough. You just have to synergize perfectly, which is something I have yet to be able to do.
    Last edited by zshikara; 2012-10-11 at 05:59 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •