Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    War of the Roses looks really good

10+ Year Old Account
    When I am not playing MoP I am playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, great game if you like the horror-RPG-fantasy genre.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Definitely going to grab Warcraft 3 because it's super cheap and I loved Warcraft 2 so much but never gave 3 much of a chance. Are you still able to play it online?

I tried Witcher 1 and hated the way the combat felt. The story in the games looks great. If I didn't like the combat in the first one will I like the sequel?

15+ Year Old Account
    Any interest in League of Legends?

Its free...
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Definitely going to grab Warcraft 3 because it's super cheap and I loved Warcraft 2 so much but never gave 3 much of a chance. Are you still able to play it online?
    Warcraft 3 definitely has a good multiplayer. And I'm pretty sure it still works online.

I also prefered Warcraft 2 over 3 though. There's much more a sense of war, because when you win you actually conquer the entire continent.
    Warcraft 3 does have a better character driven story though. Not that the singleplayer is bad, but it's the multiplayer that makes it stand out from its predecessor.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

I tried Witcher 1 and hated the way the combat felt. The story in the games looks great. If I didn't like the combat in the first one will I like the sequel?
    Yes, you will. You'll miss some story though, but Witcher 2 is based on RED Engine, which is created by Witcher's developers and for now it's one of the most advanced engines - so fight in W2 is far better than in W1. In example: left mouse button - fast attack, right mouse button - powerful attack. You can mix them of course. Just try it yourself or watch some Witcher 2 gameplays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go with XCOM Enemy Unknown. It comes out this week. I was a HUGE fan of the earlier installments, and after watching review video's, i am more than excited to pick it up.

There is a Mega Thread in the Video Games forums, go watch some of the video's if you are curious.

XCOM is known as one of the best Turn Based Strategy games ever made. it has a very long history and a pretty damn big fan base. (and the new one is multiplayer!!! Squeee!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    They're not completely different games. Witcher "fixed" what DA screwed, but nevermind, let him choose.
    So, what exactly did DA:O - one of the most critically acclaimed recent RPGs - 'screw'? I'll wait.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

15+ Year Old Account
    i just wanted to add prototype 1&2, in my opinion one of the best games for single player out there

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    i just wanted to add prototype 1&2, in my opinion one of the best games for single player out there
    They are both terrible! Especially on PC. And I'm 100% serious!

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Darksouls (don't pay no mind to the PC port... It's shit ^^)
    If you get the 1080p resolution mod, it looks beautiful on the PC. Still locked at 30fps and pretty much REQUIRES a controller to play, though.

If someone is on the fence about Dark Souls, I'd probably try to find it cheap on the console before spending $40 on the PC version.

It's a really fun game.

Ultima 7. Best RPG ever.

Edit: Get Exult at exult.sourceforge.net to be able to play it on modern operating systems. Or DOSBox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    They are both terrible! Especially on PC. And I'm 100% serious!
    Prototype was pretty okay, if a bit samey.

The PC port of Prototype 2, however, is horrid and no one should subject themselves to that.

"Angry Bird" and "Learn to Fly" are not bad games, so popular these days.

Fantasy as in medieval fantasy or just fantasy in general?
    If medieval fantasy (steampunk as well)

RPGS:

Might & Magic 6/7
    Baldur's Gate 1/2
    Arcanum

RTS:

Warcraft 2/3
    Age of Mythology
    Black & White

FP:

Might and Magic: Dark Messiah
    Thief

These are all pretty old, i haven't really come across a fantasy game i would highly rate in this generation (or the last).

Deleted
    At the pub with the beer drinking expansion, one of my faves that!

try FF

old version :
    FF7 & FF9
    modern :
    FF10 & FF12

FF12 become much fixable to new gen. players

i did not forget when i use to play ff9 and 10 long time ago

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're into FPS at all try Team Fortress 2. It's FTP and oodles of fun. Think Counterstrike with Blizzard's sense of humor/model design style. Trine 2 is also a really cool game that is FTP that incorporates a mix of Puzzle/Combat/Sidescrolling/Quick reflexes. Personally I prefer WoW as my MMO of choice, but I dallied into Rift a little bit (a very *little* bit) and it seemed like a nice alternative if I ever got bored of WoW, but I'm a die hard Blizzard fanboy so I don't see that happening.

EDIT: Also if you don't play League of Legends, well, get on that shit.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    My only apprehension with LoL is that it seems like it would be tough to "get into" at this point, in that so many people are so seasoned in it that I'd never get the chance to win and "level up". I know you learn from losses, but I just wonder how many face stomps I could deal with before I give up out of frustration.

Can I recommend the game I'm developing WorldAlpha It is a MMORTS, with a slightly futuristic setting, not fantasy though.