Poll: Does it matter who 'wins' the debate?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Froaderick View Post
    Of course government doesn't run on percentages, it runs on dollars collected.
    "Poor people" actually pay very little in taxes. They just have fewer deductions which brings the rate lower for some "wealthy" people.
    Government is still, by a large margin, paid for by "wealthy" people.
    Actually, yes, I constantly see people claim that the "poor" pay more in taxes than the "wealthy".
    ALL taxes are regressive, some more than others. Unfortunately, if you want real change to the tax structure of this country, neither of these candidates is the answer.
    As far as the debate goes, Romney was the clear winner.
    No, change to the tax structure would require a cultural shift whereby Americans drop the "I want benefits, but I don't want to pay for them" attitude towards taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You may wanna file this year, with no income your getting at least $400 back for filing.
    I have filed the last 2 years and gotten $800 each year.

This election is about getting the middle to vote for you, to those voters the debates matter. My vote will not change no matter what. Most of the dems I know will not be changing their vote. The undecideds have not made up their mind and they will be the ones who matter most in the election.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    The same people calling it a 5 trillion dollar increase are the ones who think paying 25% on $25000 is more than paying 20% on $1000000. They are economically illiterate like obama.

No. If you really believe Romney's lies go ahead but Obama was more or less right on what he said in the debate; all his facts check out, some are exaggerated but they are true. Romney was spewing blatant LIES that are easily verifiable as LIES for anyone who cares enough to look; unfortunately many Americans don't care.

Yes, because uninformed people actually care about these retarded media events. There's a lot of uninformed people.

I personally don't think debate's matter very much. Governments should act instead of talk. Problems don't go away by just talking about them, although debates are usually interesting nothing really happens.

It's way more important to have a politician who does what he said he would do than having someone who just says shit.

I think most people know ahead of time who they are going vote for. This campaign started some 18 months ago. It certainty didn't help Obama was relaxed in the debate. Mitt is getting a point bounce but I doubt it will last. They have a second debate and really I think it's just a time waster. I thought it was extremism dishonest of Mitt to lie to the whole world.

I think the debate showed that Obama's ideas are un-American and the Democrat party needs to dump him and those like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    I think the debate showed that Obama's ideas are un-American and the Democrat party needs to dump him and those like him.
    Which specific quotes?

I accidentally voted YES. I meant to vote NO.

The reason why is because its quite clear that Mit Romney has changed his stance on so many issues in order to be the popular candidate. Even if he is more... "excited", and "wins" the debate based purely on his behavior. I don't think it matters simply because its obvious that he isn't a good candidate for president and has very little understanding of politics. Furthermore, Romney is a mormon, suggesting a lack of knowledge in his own American History, and I'm sure we're all ware of the phrase "He who does not learn from History is destined to repeat it."

I'm not saying "Don't vote for Romney because he's a mormon." personally I don't think a presidents religious affiliation should hold any significance. However mormonism makes some pretty bold claims, claims which I'm sure someone well versed in the history of the nation would know bear no weight. Therefore I think the American voters should be cautious about voting for a man who holds to those teachings.

who "wins" the debate should say who has stronger arguments, but in a situation like this where it's all opinions and promises there really isn't a winner. Just sit at the sidelines and analyze their points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.