1. #1
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    22

    Guards in MoP and Wpvp

    I heard MoP should bring back wpvp but what I have to see. in every city and questhub overpowered elite guards with stun, dismount, kick and net.

    Best thing: the enemy shrine isn't a sanctuary. but no way to pvp there because guards will kill you 2 seconds.

    biggest disappointment in MoP so far.

    edith: the only pvp we got as wpvp guild was the pvp vendor. but that's it pretty much
    Last edited by Eliessa; 2012-10-08 at 02:28 AM.

  2. #2
    I kill all horde when out doing my dailies. Other allies nearby tend to pick up on it if they find horde getting pwnd, and they join in. Sometimes it turns into a good all out brawl.

    But yes it sucks that if you click on the wrong person, you get insta gibbed by the guards

  3. #3
    my advice avoid the panda monk gaurds. they hurt like hell. sw.orgrimar gaurds are a laugh on a pvp server.

  4. #4
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    I kill all horde when out doing my dailies. Other allies nearby tend to pick up on it if they find horde getting pwnd, and they join in. Sometimes it turns into a good all out brawl.

    But yes it sucks that if you click on the wrong person, you get insta gibbed by the guards
    we gank of course where we find allies. but if you try to kill someone near 2 quest npcs somewhere out in the world guards spawns and you are dead.

    my advice avoid the panda monk gaurds. they hurt like hell. sw.orgrimar gaurds are a laugh on a pvp server.
    that what makes it so disappointing: mop forces player actually out in to the world but at same time blizzard put overpowered guards in every corner. I can't really wrap my mind around this.

  5. #5
    The Patient Krixooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barthilas
    Posts
    260
    It's great to see so many people out levelling, lots of wpvp action in high-traffic areas, and sometimes over rarespawns.

    It's a bit concerning that the way mob aggro has changed suddenly; if you kill an enemy player, their aggro seems to transfer to yourself rather than evade-reset like it used to.

    The peacekeeper guards that spawn at the shrines in Vale of Eternal Blossoms don't appear to have a lot of hp but their damage and wide array of crippling abilities are a concern, they remind me of the Thrallmar guards hah! Nets, slows, stuns and 50% mortal strikes! They're better than the average player.

  6. #6
    On my server their seems to be peace between the two factions, rarely see ganking going on while out doing dailies. A lot of people like to gank when they have back up (at the quest hubs) but like said above, this is where the guards pwn you if you try, sad but true.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

  7. #7
    the guards don't one shot you at level 90 the way the level 85 cata guards had a tendency to do. what's more they leash so you can kite them until they reset and then return to the hub.

    they are a deterrent enough to stop people ganking at hubs, but they are not nearly as punishing as the cata guards were.

    i have no problems with them.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-10-08 at 07:41 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  8. #8
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    the guards don't one shot you at level 90 the way the level 85 cata guards had a tendency to do. what's more they leash so you can kite them until they reset and then return to the hub.

    they are a deterrent enough to stop people ganking at hubs, but they are not nearly as punishing as the cata guards were.

    i have no problems with them.
    are you joking? guards in halfhill zerg you in seconds and shrine guards have dismount, stun and net. all guards are at least on tol barad level.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    are you joking? guards in halfhill zerg you in seconds and shrine guards have dismount, stun and net. all guards are at least on tol barad level.
    are you on a pve server? i was under the impression they were a lot stronger on pve servers then they are on pvp servers.

    i've died a total of once to a guard and thats because i was already at low hp from fighting someone who was sitting on a quest giver.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •