Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Is TOR worth going back into?

So im wondering if TOR is worth going back into at all?

I let my time expire i was a Level 25 Jedi sittin preety somewhere and just wondering if its worth going back into to play again
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post

I let my time expire i was a Level 25 Jedi sittin preety somewhere and just wondering if its worth going back into to play again
    Depends why you left and when. Lots of things have been fixed over the last couple of months.

Patch 1.4 broke a few things (mostly minor though some people report poor FPS and the GTN search is a little buggy), it might take a week or two before they fix everything.

I've been playing since pre-launch and I'm still happy and play every day. No reason that you couldn't finish levelling.

when does F2p start?

Weren't they supposed to be going F2P at some point? Did that occur or are they holding out as long as they can?

http://www.swtor.com/free

Free-to-Play Option

Play the game for free to Level 50 with some restrictions. Coming this Fall.
    So, soon™.

Like Jalek said, it really depends why you left. Questing is more or less the same as it's ever been. General performance has been improved. There's now a Looking For Group interface that you can use to find instance groups.

But especially for level 25, it will be the same game that you left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep trying to tell myself to resub, but I keep finding excuses not to lol. I really enjoyed the game, and I have been keeping up with the changes. Currently knee-deep in MoP though.

RIFT is the same way. I played the game for 6 months, came back like a year or so later for a month, enjoyed the hell out of it, but never resubbed. Just too many freaking MMOs I want to sub to, and not enough time or money ><
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving MoP right now BUT if they released arenas for the game, balanced the factions and I could find a proper Republic guild I would drop WoW.

Yes it is worth it. SWTOR is the best MMO on the market.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    Loving MoP right now BUT if they released arenas for the game, balanced the factions and I could find a proper Republic guild I would drop WoW.
    What server?

10+ Year Old Account
    If finding a guild was your issue before... I don't think you will have much of a problem now. With the current servers being Heavy during primetime and have 3+ fleets (we had 5 at some point), there are lots of guilds for you to get into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republic. Prophecy of the Five.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awake709 View Post
    Republic. Prophecy of the Five.
    That is my current server. However, I am Empire so I can't tell you how active Republic is. All of the best guilds on Po5 seem to be on the Empire side as well :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That is my current server. However, I am Empire so I can't tell you how active Republic is. All of the best guilds on Po5 seem to be on the Empire side as well :x
    Well, I haven't played an Empire character past level 10 so I just may have to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post

when its free 2 play, why not try it?

Worst that can happen is you don't like it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you are unsure you can always wait til its free to play and not miss out on any disappointment. i played fairly regularly for the first 6 months and then kinda just logged on my alts to progress the story but im still having a lot of fun with it. the personal stories are quite amazing and quite frankly have spoiled my outlook on any other mmo's questing.

if you are the type who enjoys story, then yes i would say its worth coming back too. ive leveled a consular, knight, warrior, agent all to 50 and have been thoroughly impressed with how well each story was done. im almost done with a bounty hunter and then will probably check out a trooper or an inquistor.

I too was kinda pondering this. I may try it again once it goes F2P. The issue that I had, is that it didn't give me any sense of true exploration. I mean heaven forbid you wonder off the main path, you'll wind up with a pack of elites. Not only that but it didn't give me any reason too.

But, I may put that aside and try it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by goombatommy View Post
    I mean heaven forbid you wonder off the main path, you'll wind up with a pack of elites. Not only that but it didn't give me any reason too.
    In many cases you had to for datacrons and codexs.

Datacrons resulted in like +70 to all stats and codexs resulted in titles.

Did they finally fix ilum? or is that still borked?

Quote Originally Posted by Scionset View Post
    Did they finally fix ilum? or is that still borked?
    lolilum.

Yeah.

No, that's still dead.

I think they said they would be trying to revive that in the spring or something?

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Yes it is worth it. In my opinion, SWTOR is the best MMO on the market.
    There. Fixed it for you. Otherwise, you'd be hard pressed to convince many people that's the truth.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2012-10-08 at 06:10 PM.