Thread: Who's top?

Who's top?

Soo since the first week of raiding is just about done, what classes/specs do you guys think are up top dps wise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks are top on Elegon, Will of the Emperor, and Gara'jal the Spiritbinder. Then it's Paladins, DKs and Rouges for The Stone Guard, Feng The Accursed and The Spirit Kings.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...an_Vaults/dps/
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Casters, still so many encounters that make melee shit. Knockbacks, cleaves/close-ranged AoE. You name it, shit that annoys melee but doesn't effect casters at all, it's there.

The first boss alone in MSV is annoying. Root/slows on the floor, having to go from one side to the other, tanks constantly having to move. Just got rooted as the tank moved? No dps.
    Oh, you're a caster? Carry on!
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-10-08 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    The first boss alone in MSV is annoying. Root/slows on the floor, having to go from one side to the other, tanks constantly having to move. Just got rooted as the tank moved? No dps.
    Oh, you're a caster? Carry on!
    Just a bit of advice, you can tank the first boss in MV without the melee DPS running back and forth, just have the OT taunt one of the Quillan to him. As a Rogue for the most part I was able to just sit on one location and every now and then I'd see one run away and one come over, that may make the fight abit easier for ya and give your melee DPS more uptime.

As for the whole Melee vs Ranged debate I think it's ridiculous that a raid even has to do stuff like what I mentioned above to compensate for melee. I would love to see more mechanics that only punish ranged. I remember one of the first times I ran Temple of the Jade Serpent and the Jinyu boss did his spinning Lurker blast near the end of the fight and the two ranged complained sooo much that the mechanic was unfair and they weren't as effective as they normally were. All I could do is laugh and say "Welcome to my world!"

Eh...I think it's a stretch to call these fights on the whole melee unfriendly. Your strats are melee unfriendly if anything (such as noted with the stone guards issue above). Melee are doing fantastic damage, though warlocks are obviously insane. Even Elegon isn't nearly as unfriendly to melee as it first seems.

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    Eh...I think it's a stretch to call these fights on the whole melee unfriendly. Your strats are melee unfriendly if anything (such as noted with the stone guards issue above). Melee are doing fantastic damage, though warlocks are obviously insane. Even Elegon isn't nearly as unfriendly to melee as it first seems.
    I do agree that there is often hyperbole involved in alot of these claims, but I still think there's an imbalance. As I mentioned above and you reiterated there are definitely ways to compensate for melee, but should we have to? Almost all of the fights would be wipefests if groups were all melee, but an all ranged group is fine in most cases. Good melee can compensate for unforgiving mechanics, but I'd just like to see more obstacles placed on ranged players to even it out abit more than it is.

I can't stress that last part enough, I don't want melee to have an easier job, I think ranged need to be as equally challenged. To me "dealing" with these mechanics is part of the fun and to have some ranged class try to rub numbers in your face when they don't have to run from AoE, run to switch targets, worry about cleaves, worry about being spread out, etc kinda makes melee seem like an unnecessary burden.

Yes melee can do fantastic damage, but the skill required to eek out that extra damage requires you to play at a higher level than just being ranged and often getting a pass.