Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gara'jal 10N help

So we just finished our raid and spent our entire 3 hours on Gara'jal. Closest attempt being his enrage @ 8% health =/.

What I want to know is it best to send the same 2 dps to the spirit realm and when should they come out? What we were doing was sending myself (Elemental shaman) and a hunter who went Survival for the adds into the spirit realm and alternated our 2 healers. We were spending almost the entire 30 seconds down there to try and kill as many adds as possible and never really had more than 3 or 4 up when we left and around the 40% mark on most attempts the healers were just getting overwhelmed. So we never really dps'd the boss, we would go in, kill adds for 25 seconds get out kill a totem instantly and go back in rinse n repeat.

Is this the wrong way of doing this? Or do our healers just need to step it up. I unfortunately don't have any logs right now. Any input is appreciated! =)

Deleted
    The way we did it was with having 3 dps designated to go into the spirit realm, a boomkin, hunter and a warrior. It would (ideally) look something like this:

1st - boomkin and hunter
    2nd - boomkin and warrior
    3rd - warrior and hunter

then rinse and repeat. We had to adjust for voodoo dolls a few times though. We also ran 3 healers, and the healer going into the spirit realm was the one that had been the longest outside without voodoo doll.

How did you even hit his enrage with 3 heals... lol all our dps were 45k+ and we hit enrage at like 18% with 3 heals.

We did it with myself (afflic lock) and a survival hunter going down repeatedly. We had a healer that went with us most of the time until the other healer needed mana or our healer got voodoo doll. We also had backups assigned to each of us in case of voodoo doll. We didn't stay down the whole time either. We only stayed down about 15 sec or so. The two of us kept adds pretty much under control. The result was time to dps the boss with the buff and a kill about 40sec out from enrage.

Sounds like you were doing basically what we were trying to do. Just seemed our healers were being overwhelmed which is why we tried staying longer at times...

Are you two or three healing it? 2 healing it will easily get you a kill.

We 2 heal it (Monk/Shaman) and have the same 2 dps and healer go down every time (mage/boomkin/resto shaman) and then their backups if they have voodoo were (dk/lock/monk) respectively.

yea we were 2 healing it. But when we were getting near the frenzy the 1 healer outside could not keep up and we always had someone die which then led to disaster and we couldn't recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    yea we were 2 healing it. But when we were getting near the frenzy the 1 healer outside could not keep up and we always had someone die which then led to disaster and we couldn't recover.
    Well you should try to get your top 3-4 dpsers into the other side to allow them to get the buff. Generally you want to start trying to rotate cooldowns tank wise to lower the vodoo spike going to the three targets.

Deleted
    who heals in this fight?
    I (pally) had extreme problems keeping the group alive. i was always unucky and had to scipt the realm for one or two times. so mana was tight
    when the shaman went down at the end, leaving me alone, and the group half dead, it was impossible for me to push the group up and heal the tank.
    i FoL the tank for 5s, but he was just taking the dmg i healed him for. so no group heal at all.
    i was swaped for a dudu and the bos went down in the second try.

you know the ddg your two dd's are doing scales with the heal they receive?

Deleted
    We wiped like 3 times between 4~10%... We're 2 healing it, and we often only send one DPS down to keep more uptime on the boss (everyone is over 40k dps, usually) and still can't make it. >.<

We have most DPS doing 50k+, use 3 healers, and wipe just when he hits P2. We've tried a bunch of different ways of handling the Spirit Realm, but none of them seemed to change anything.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Is your healer leaving the spirit realm straight away after healing others up? Your healer only has to enter the spirit realm, heal the 2 dps with him to full, then heal himself to full and leaves and goes back out to the real world to help the real world group.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    We wiped like 3 times between 4~10%... We're 2 healing it, and we often only send one DPS down to keep more uptime on the boss (everyone is over 40k dps, usually) and still can't make it. >.<
    You need to get dps in there the buff is huge, the rogue we send down tends to be able to get his mastery over 100% with the buff alone. You want to try to heal just before you come out too and during it since you want to stack the buff on everyone inside of the spirit realm and if you get the buff refreshed before everyone leaves around 3-5 second left they should have 27-23 seconds left on the buff which is a lot of damage they could then put out on the boss thanks to that huge buff they'll get. Drathos you need as much dps as possible and 3 healing is very hard unless some of those healers are fistweaver monks, the dps is a gear check in the sense you got to down him as quickly as possible as he enrages in 6 minutes.
    Last edited by Frostburn; 2012-10-08 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    You need to get dps in there the buff is huge, the rogue we send down tends to be able to get his mastery over 100% with the buff alone. You want to try to heal just before you come out too and during it since you want to stack the buff on everyone inside of the spirit realm and if you get the buff refreshed before everyone leaves around 3-5 second left they should have 27-23 seconds left on the buff which is a lot of damage they could then put out on the boss thanks to that huge buff they'll get. Drathos you need as much dps as possible and 3 healing is very hard unless some of those healers are fistweaver monks, the dps is a gear check in the sense you got to down him as quickly as possible as he enrages in 6 minutes.
    Do you know if there are classes that gain "more" from the Spiritual Innervation buff than others? We usually try to rotate people but we tend to send the same few people in, but I haven't found a comparison to see if certain specs get more advantage from it than others... We usually try to send down a warlock/shadow priest to dot everything up and our warrior to finish them off.

This was a lot easier and simpler in 10 than 25 (dolls and totem logistics, so much easier to remember and decide). Wiped once in 10 due to enrage when 3 healing and sending in 1 healer + 2 dps every time. Swapped to 2 healing since, quoting the pally, "there isn't much to heal". And sent in 1 healer + 1 dps (lock or moonkin). Ended up with over a minute to enrage I think.

I had 39K dps as guardian tank (HotW OP), healer that went dps had same, top dps was 63k, maybe more cause I missed a bit due to banishment. Lowest DPSer was 58K.
    Last edited by dakalro; 2012-10-08 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Is your healer leaving the spirit realm straight away after healing others up? Your healer only has to enter the spirit realm, heal the 2 dps with him to full, then heal himself to full and leaves and goes back out to the real world to help the real world group.
    I was under the impression that the more you heal and the bigger ur heals are the more the stacks? i.e. keep on healing them even after they are full?

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    I was under the impression that the more you heal and the bigger ur heals are the more the stacks? i.e. keep on healing them even after they are full?
    This, if I recall.

I'm not sure from your post if I understand that you send the SAME dps down, cause if you are, stop doing that, you're wasting the buff you get from it on adds instead of on the boss. The only dps that should go down are those without the buff. We sent everyone down, really (dps was moonkin, mage, warlock, hunter, monk and warrior), whoever had no buff/no voodoo debuff/closest/most vocal.

We had sortof a rotation going at first, like, owl-mage-healer, lock-hunter-healer, and another trio like that, so whenever owl couldn't go the lock went, etc., but halfway the fight we sortof threw that out of the window alltogether, with good communication that was a non issue.

Furthermore, this boss is perfectly 2man healable, which is what we did also, and for us it was the easiest boss in the entire raid really. (we had a paladin and druid heal by the way).
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-10-08 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    This, if I recall.

I'm not sure from your post if I understand that you send the SAME dps down, cause if you are, stop doing that, you're wasting the buff you get from it on adds instead of on the boss. The only dps that should go down are those without the buff. We sent everyone down, really (dps was moonkin, mage, warlock, hunter, monk and warrior), whoever had no buff/no voodoo debuff/closest/most vocal.

We had sortof a rotation going at first, like, owl-mage-healer, lock-hunter-healer, and another trio like that, so whenever owl couldn't go the lock went, etc., but halfway the fight we sortof threw that out of the window alltogether, with good communication that was a non issue.

Furthermore, this boss is perfectly 2man healable, which is what we did also, and for us it was the easiest boss in the entire raid really. (we had a paladin and druid heal by the way).
    I was referring to when ur dps and healer go into spirit world do u just heal them full and go out or stay in there and keep spamming them until the dps leaves? Or do u heal the boss dps first so that he can go back up asap and u and the add dps stay and finish up the adds? What im trying to get at is do the dpser that you heal get more buff power the more you heal them and the bigger the heal e.g. a palading using LOH on a dpser to full, will have more %stacks than a druid only healing up with rejuv and regrowth spams?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    I was referring to when ur dps and healer go into spirit world do u just heal them full and go out or stay in there and keep spamming them until the dps leaves? Or do u heal the boss dps first so that he can go back up asap and u and the add dps stay and finish up the adds? What im trying to get at is do the dpser that you heal get more buff power the more you heal them and the bigger the heal e.g. a palading using LOH on a dpser to full, will have more %stacks than a druid only healing up with rejuv and regrowth spams?
    Also want to know this - wiped quite a lot last night on this boss due to enrage. How does the heal -> dps buff work? is it the number of heals / size of heals / does it keep stacking even if the dps is already at 100% etc. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    So we just finished our raid and spent our entire 3 hours on Gara'jal. Closest attempt being his enrage @ 8% health =/.

What I want to know is it best to send the same 2 dps to the spirit realm and when should they come out? What we were doing was sending myself (Elemental shaman) and a hunter who went Survival for the adds into the spirit realm and alternated our 2 healers. We were spending almost the entire 30 seconds down there to try and kill as many adds as possible and never really had more than 3 or 4 up when we left and around the 40% mark on most attempts the healers were just getting overwhelmed. So we never really dps'd the boss, we would go in, kill adds for 25 seconds get out kill a totem instantly and go back in rinse n repeat.

Is this the wrong way of doing this? Or do our healers just need to step it up. I unfortunately don't have any logs right now. Any input is appreciated! =)
    You want to have a team of 2 grps rotating going in the spirit realm. If you only have 1 team going down all the time you're essentially just wasting the buff they get. Also, if group dps is low, try popping hero at start. We were following the normal strat and trying to pop hero at 20% but we didn't even get to that point so we tried hero at start and got boss to about 75% at first totem spawn. Got boss to 20% with about 40 seconds to spare. Also, at about 23% you want to stop sending people down and just burn and pop cooldowns.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Also want to know this - wiped quite a lot last night on this boss due to enrage. How does the heal -> dps buff work? is it the number of heals / size of heals / does it keep stacking even if the dps is already at 100% etc. Anyone know?
    The buff that dps get is based on the amount of heals they get from the healer. If the heals are a crit the buff is bigger. Also, when you kill an add the buff gets refreshed. Technically there is no cap on the buff, but your healer only has 30 seconds to heal 3 ppl, so you would only be able to receive so many heals.