Personal Cheat Sheet for Mogu'Shan Vaults

This is my personal cheat sheet for Glyphs and Talents on a per boss basis. I am not claiming it to be the best. It is simply what I am using. I would like to see what other mages are using as well, so please post yours!

(I was frost for every fight except Elegon, which I was fire)

The Stone Guard:
    Icelance, Evocate, WE
    Scorch, Temporal Shield/Blazing Speed (maybe for HM), Greater Invis, Nether Tempest, Invocate/Incanter's (undecided)

Feng the Accursed
    Cone of Cold (for HM), Evocate, Ice Lance (for HM)
    Scorch, Temporal Shield, Greater Invis, Frost Bomb, Invocate

Gara'jal the Spirit Binder
    WE, Icelance, Evocate
    Scorch, Temporal Shield, Cauterize, Nether Tempest, Incanter's Ward
    - Macro Mouseover Nether Tempest if you're going down.

Spirit Kings
    Blink, Evocate, Water Ele
    Scorch, Ice Barrier, Cold Snap, Frost Bomb, Invocate
    - Iceblock if you get arrowed -> coldsnap

Elegon (fire)
    Combust, Fireblast, Evocate
    PoM, Temporal Shield, Ring of Frost, Cauterize, Nether Tempest, Invocate

Will of the Emperor
    Cone of Cold, Icelance, Polymorph
    Scorch, Ice Barrier, Ring of Frost, Cauterize, Nether Tempest, Invocate
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-10-08 at 06:24 AM.

Spirit kings- you can actually blink out of stun arrow

i actually found living bomb better for Gara'jal multi dotting seemed like just waste of time when they have low amount of health (well i was arcane and they went down fast)

btw why glyph into coc?? im pretty sure it doesnt have a chance to proc fof so Frostbolt would be better??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Blinking out of the stun arrow, the arrow still remains on you, and even after trying to explain that "I'm OK guys, don't need to kill this arrow," half the raid still continues to DPS the arrow. Ice Blocking makes the arrow disappear. (at least, that was my experience)

Heroic Feng will have adds spawn from our bodies... Illidan style. Glyphed Cone of Cold is one of the highest DPET spells for AoE.
    Since these adds will be walking towards their destination, I believe our DPS on them will be: Frozen orb -> Frost Bomb -> Cone -> Arcane Explosion.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-10-08 at 07:43 AM.

I own a microphone and thus I do not have that problem with arrows.
    Will of the Emperor isn't very good for CoC in my experience either and Frost Bomb seems to work better than Nether Tempest, NT just isn't a very efficient spell when you are casting it on five or six targets. We haven't tried actually polymorphing anything so that glyph also seems useless for our tactics.

To be honest I am likely to use IV/WE glyphs for almost every fight and then just sub in Evocation or Ice Lance depending on if there is cleave damage. Might change that for CoC on Feng heroic, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I own a microphone and thus I do not have that problem with arrows.
    Will of the Emperor isn't very good for CoC in my experience either and Frost Bomb seems to work better than Nether Tempest, NT just isn't a very efficient spell when you are casting it on five or six targets. We haven't tried actually polymorphing anything so that glyph also seems useless for our tactics.

To be honest I am likely to use IV/WE glyphs for almost every fight and then just sub in Evocation or Ice Lance depending on if there is cleave damage. Might change that for CoC on Feng heroic, we'll see.
    - I have a mic too, people still DPS the arrow.

- Now... from this thread and the Will of the Emperor thread, I really think you guys are spreading misinformation about NT. NT bomb gets better and better when you're casting it on more targets. It seems that doing tab NT is the strongest DPS (assuming mobs live 12 seconds and they're not all grouped up).

Looking at the top 22 logs for Will of the Emperor 25M, 14 of them used Nether Tempest, and quite a few of them spent the whole fight simply spreading NT. Now maybe, in 10m all the mobs die too fast, making NT less useful? But it seems very viable (if not the best option) for Will and Gara'jal for 25m.

- With Spirit Kings, I don't see what else you'd use your Ice Block on for that fight, and Cauterize and Greater Invis both seem useless to me on Spirit Kings.

- Lastly, I spent most the week with glyphed Water Ele, but when I thought about it afterwards, it seems like there's no reason to have it. There's no benefit that I can think of with having my WE follow me around. I should just park it somewhere in the middle of the room. I think pet avoidance is still in (or back in), and my WE never seemed to take damage anyways.

With Spirit Kings you wouldn't use Ice Block for anything else but... why use it for the arrow either? That's more time spent not casting DPS spells than if you used blink, it is a DPS loss and then you're stuck if you do something stupid by accident. If you really want to justify taking one of your talents then stand in front of the charging soldiers and cauterise through it to increase your time spent damaging the boss rather than compensating for bad people in your raid group (don't actually do this).
    If your raid team can't coordinate then alright, but I think you should be trying to convince them to play the game properly rather than respeccing yourself!

You may be right about NT in 25 Man, I only raid in a 10 man team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iceblock with a cancelaura macro'd into it, is less of a dps loss than blinking, it's actually instant if used correctly. In my opinion it's way better to block the arrow immediately, so the raid has more uptime on the boss.

Deleted
    Gara'jal the Spirit Binder

My guilds first goes on this boss I was using Frost Bomb over Nether Tempest, last night I swapped and tbh I swapped back after 2 hours. I found that I lacked FFB proc's from Nether Tempest where as they are guaranteed with Frost Bomb.

I am also unsure as to why you would pick Scorch over PoM. PoM is a free frostbolt every x secs. Scorch is only good if you are constantly on the move.

On Gara I run in stack and the only time I really need to move is back to the totem... Once in side I stand and nuke anything that I can see.

For spirit kings humans can use racial (Every man for himself) to escape and remove the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jpr729 View Post
    For spirit kings humans can use racial (Every man for himself) to escape and remove the arrow.
    Good to know.

I've also switched my survival on H-Feng from Greater invis to Cauterize. There's just too much random AoE damage, and Cauterize has saved my butt several times.

I also see a lot of mages do Ice Barrier instead of Temporal Shield on this fight... but personally, I like Temporal Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Good to know.

I've also switched my survival on H-Feng from Greater invis to Cauterize. There's just too much random AoE damage, and Cauterize has saved my butt several times.

I also see a lot of mages do Ice Barrier instead of Temporal Shield on this fight... but personally, I like Temporal Shield.
    TS honestly is best for every fight due to the no gcd use unlike ice barrier

Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    TS honestly is best for every fight due to the no gcd use unlike ice barrier
    I understand why they use Barrier, because there are several mechanics that will do 350k+ damage to you under a second, so Ice Barrier might let you live where as TS wouldn't. I'm on the fence about it.

TS is best for single large hits that won't kill you
    IB is best for regular pulsing raid damage because it removes spell pushback

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    TS is best for single large hits that won't kill you
    IB is best for regular pulsing raid damage because it removes spell pushback
    IB doesn't really remove pushback though... I don't think there's a single boss spell/pulse/AoE that won't break through your IB and still damage you for pushback.