Elegon Tips (Elemental)

My guild put in a few attempts on him, and I kind of just winged it with my talents (Used Ancestral Swiftness/Ancestral Guidance/Elemental Blast for Talents), and I'm not sure if there should be a different setup I should be using.

I am able to kill a 4th Orb, but not without it getting dangerously close to activating the conduit. I'm also popping all my main stuff (Ascendance/Fire Elemental/Stormlash) at the start to get some hard damage on the boss before having to switch to the Protectors. Am I using my stuff at the right moment? Or should I just save it for later?

Any input is greatly appreciated. The farthest we got him was 55%.

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

Deleted
    We downed Elegon last night, he really is NOT a pushover, I would advise to having healing cooldowns on as many raid members as possible for the last phase - the damage is INSANE compared to most burn phases. Spec Healing Tide is my advise, for starters, we got 4 down in both phases (resulting in 10 stacks on the boss), and I managed my own just fine as Monk tank (killing it usually way before it reached half the distance and instakilling the fourth with Touch of Death. I could see the 4th was a problem for some of our DPS, make sure to call out if you need help, because someone has probably finished theirs already.

Are you running 2 or 3 healers? We found it nigh impossible to cut the enrage timer with 3 healers, so we had to go 2, just as most guilds did - make sure your healers have plenty of mana AND save ALL the raid CDs you have for the last phase, I'm not kidding when I say that the damage - both to tanks and the raid - is insane. We used a holy paladin and holy priest, any 2 healers will probably do just fine, but the way we did it was that we let our holy priest spam heal the raid, then Divine Hymn, then empty his mana pool and then let him die (so he has 25 seconds as spirit of redemption when he can spamheal to his heart's content). Make sure you coordinate well with you raid CDs - you really don't want to overlap them if you don't have to. Obviously don't forget to reset your stacks at like 6-9 stacks as well.

I realize this may be more of a general advise, but yeah, popping everything at the start is a good thing, you want to do transition to 85% with only 2 adds spawned (you can manage 1 if your DPS is top notch) then you need your damage cooldowns in the burn phase, however, you should use Ascendence pretty much as soon as it comes off CD and you have full uptime on the boss for the duration (just after having reset your stacks) and then save your last use for the burn phase (the fight comes to the burn phase around 6:30-7:30 minutes in, and you Ascendence would come up at 6:00 if you used it on CD twice before, the fight lasts for about 1:30 minutes or so after you enter the burn phase).

Hope this helped, and good luck!

How many healers are you going with? that's a 2 healer fight not 3

Here's my first guild kill.

We're running 2 healers right now. Our backup resto druid went Boomy for this fight.

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

Deleted
    For us it felt like it depended on the amount of raid cooldowns we had left/available, the DPS, killing the sparks, and all that felt like no problem. Once you manage that part in the fight, you need to see if you can go 2-3 minutes without raid cooldowns before the burn phase, then you're pretty much looking at a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    Spec Healing Tide is my advise, for starters,
    Why would you spec healing tide on this fight of all things?

Ancestral Guidance does 40% of your damage as healing, on a fight that increases your damage by 50% + However many stacks you get on the boss (Should be able to get at least 10 = 150% More damage) Why wouldn't you take advantage of the amount of healing you can put out with all your burst cooldowns up. In addition to the healing you can get in the last phase, you can also use it during the transition phase when the adds spawn, chain lightning cleave + ancestral guidance will 100% heal everyone to full HP.

Take a look at this log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5025&e=5060

I'm Enhancement and I did 1.9m Healing in the final phase, and our elemental shaman did 2.2m healing.

Our Elemental shaman didn't use his Ancestral Guidance as much as I did, but over that entire fight I was able to do 6.3m healing through it.

You didn't specify whether or not you were 10 or 25 man (Probably 10), but ancestral guidance is still just as effective in a 10 man setting as it is in a 25 man setting.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Yeah, I'm doing this on 10 man. Also, when would be a decent time to Stormlash? What I've been doing is basically dropping it at the start, and it would most likely be up again when the 50%-0% burn phase comes around.

I think I'm doing the best DPS I can do during Orb phases and overall, so maybe it's less of an issue with myself, and rather other folks in the raid needing to step it up.

Yeah, for my guilds Elegon kill I ran, Echo + Ancestral Guidance + Elemental Blast. Not sure why you're using ancestral swiftness.

For the sparks, I recommend keeping flame shock up on the boss for more lava surge procs, we did a 4-4 split, and I had no problems getting my adds down - best to keep a 9 stack fulmination up to help with the spark if necessary. My rotation for the sparks was, flame shock - lava burst - elemental blast, lightning bolt - lava surge if there was one.

Also I would recommend earthgrab totem as well, for keeping the adds rooted and off the tank.

Yeah, I'll definitely switch in Echo for tonight's raid. I thought I would try AS because of the "Instant" cast you get. It was really meant to be a quick CD I could use to dispatch the 4th wave Orb, but I'll definitely go with Echo.

I'm also debating if I want to switch trinkets. Right now I have Vision of the Predator/Mithril Stopwatch equipped, but I do have a Resin Globule in my bags (I'm collaborating with another Priest in my guild to get cards for my DMC Trinket).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhy View Post
    Yeah, I'm doing this on 10 man. Also, when would be a decent time to Stormlash? What I've been doing is basically dropping it at the start, and it would most likely be up again when the 50%-0% burn phase comes around.

I think I'm doing the best DPS I can do during Orb phases and overall, so maybe it's less of an issue with myself, and rather other folks in the raid needing to step it up.
    You could try use stormlash during the first orb phase to try push an additional set, this will make the rest of the fight faster, you could potentially even use bloodlust, stormlash, crit banners etc. to get up to 7 stacks on the boss during the first phase. Depending on how fast your DPS is, you can probably use stormlash then, and still have it up for the tail end of the final burn.

I don't know if you have a DK in your raid, you can either have them go unholy, stand in the middle and use a festering strike -> Blood boil / pestilence combo to hit all of the orbs dealing massive damage, or you can have them go frost and pestilence off elegon onto the spawning orbs, this will help out tremendously.

I can't offer much elemental specific advice, however I imagine you should sit on your fulmination for the orb phases that you need it, allowing you to save fulmination and / or stormlash for the 4th and fifth orb phases. If you can get 5 orb phases, you will get 6 stacks on the boss, 6 phases = 7 stacks etc.

To be honest the fight is pretty easy / straight forward, the more orb stacks you can push, the easier the rest of the fight will be, don't be afraid to use DPS cooldowns during the Orb phases of the fight, as with the bonus stacks, Elegon will die that much faster.

Assuming you have a warrior in your raid you could do something like:

5th Orb set: Stormlash + Crit banner (May only need one)
    6th Orb set: DPS Potions + DPS cooldowns (Elemental Mastery if you're using it + Earth Elemental Totem (Ascendance won't be up at this point))
    7th Orb set: Burn boss and position for pillar phase

or

5th Orb set: DPS cooldowns
    6th Orb set: Heroism / Bloodlust
    7th Orb Set: Burn boss

Make sure to have your tanks assisting the classes that don't have much burst damage, and with any luck the boss should fall down

Edit:

Like Eruptor mentioned, Earthgrab totem, alongside Capacitator totem work to stun the adds, what I do is drop Earthgrab totem near the adds on my side, and then combo capacitator totem with Totemic Projection in conjunction with tank shockwave / warlock shadowfury to ensure our tanks don't get hit much.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2012-10-08 at 10:23 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Talent wise I recommend:

Echo of the Elements - Use 4pt13 bonus and the first EM would be irrelevant anyway. It also means that you will - if your lucky - be able to burst down the orbs easier. A fair few times I got a crit on an Elemental Blast, along with a Echo proc, and took of 50% of an orbs hp in one cast.

Ancestral Guidance - The healing is based off the damage you do. In the final burn phase you will be healing 3 people for 100k+ every cast. Its insane healing, especially if you pop it when you pop Ascendance (save Ascendance for the last 10% because of this and your healers will love you, just make sure you have all your cooldowns (trinkets, pots, racials, engineering/LW buffs) up at the time to maximise DPS).

Elemental Blast - Great for blowing up the orbs. It also hits like a truck in the final phase. In my kill yesterday I got a 647.5k Elemental Blast Crit, healing three people for 259k each (I used Ancestral Guidance > EB > Lava Burst > Ascendance at about 15% - when my racial came off CD).

This is by far my favourate fight in the instance. I think its easily the best fight for Elemental. Ascendance makes use of the massive damage buff immensely and Ancestral Guidance is just AMAZING on this fight for the burn phase.

Thanks so much for the input guys. Gonna put all this stuff to use when we hop back in tonight. Gonna forward this info (About the orb phases) to my raid team, and see if we can give it another go. Gonna run logs tonight too to see what's going on with Orb DPS and whatnot.

@Fetter: Unfortunately, I don't have any of my T13 anymore. D: Would it be better to use EM in place of Echo for this purpose? Or should I just stick with Echo regardless?
    I'm also thinking of switching out my Mithril Stopwatch for my Flashfrozen Resin Globule, and macroing the on use Int CD into Ascendance, especially when using it in combination with Ancestral Guidance for some backup heals in the Reckless Energy phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhy View Post
    Thanks so much for the input guys. Gonna put all this stuff to use when we hop back in tonight. Gonna forward this info (About the orb phases) to my raid team, and see if we can give it another go. Gonna run logs tonight too to see what's going on with Orb DPS and whatnot.

@Fetter: Unfortunately, I don't have any of my T13 anymore. D: Would it be better to use EM in place of Echo for this purpose? Or should I just stick with Echo regardless?
    I'm also thinking of switching out my Mithril Stopwatch for my Flashfrozen Resin Globule, and macroing the on use Int CD into Ascendance, especially when using it in combination with Ancestral Guidance for some backup heals in the Reckless Energy phase.
    For this fight I personally would still go with Echo for the orbs. However, I think EM is probably the better choice if your guild has no problems with the orbs because of the extra damage the boss takes. Although you will only get to use EM with one Ascendance (the first one) because it doesn't line up with the second and the third one you will have Bloodlust for (assuming your using Ascendance at the start of the fight, when you switch back onto the boss after the first lot of pillars and when you switch back onto the boss after the second) I think EM is still likely the better choice for pure numbers if you don't have the 4pt13 bonus. However, like I said if your guild struggles with getting stacks from the orbs Echo will end up with a better overall DPS output because of giving you more stacks from orbs.

Thanks for the advice. I'm probably just going to use Echo because (On my orbs at least) I haven't had any issues with killing my 4th orb. I mean it's gotten a bit close to being absorbed by the conduits, but with Echo giving me that extra boost, it should be plenty to handle 5 or 6 waves for me.

I'll have to pay attention to how the other DPS are doing on faster orb phases though. I'm hoping they can at least handle 4. I would like to try and push for 5-6 however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Why would you spec healing tide on this fight of all things?

Ancestral Guidance does 40% of your damage as healing, on a fight that increases your damage by 50% + However many stacks you get on the boss (Should be able to get at least 10 = 150% More damage) Why wouldn't you take advantage of the amount of healing you can put out with all your burst cooldowns up. In addition to the healing you can get in the last phase, you can also use it during the transition phase when the adds spawn, chain lightning cleave + ancestral guidance will 100% heal everyone to full HP.

Take a look at this log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5025&e=5060

I'm Enhancement and I did 1.9m Healing in the final phase, and our elemental shaman did 2.2m healing.

Our Elemental shaman didn't use his Ancestral Guidance as much as I did, but over that entire fight I was able to do 6.3m healing through it.

You didn't specify whether or not you were 10 or 25 man (Probably 10), but ancestral guidance is still just as effective in a 10 man setting as it is in a 25 man setting.
    Gah I totally messed that up... well, yeah, you got me. Anyways, healing/raid CDs are important, and as you say, Ancestral Guidance is really good for this fight (I haven't actually brought my shaman from 85, and I always found Healing Tide to be much better in almost every scenario).