Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is our ele shaman doing wrong? Can someone help him / us out? :)

Hello!

Last night we brought a elemental shaman to our raid and when we tried Will of the emp. out we whiped at 2-3 % with our elemental shaman being waaay down. It happend on all tries..

however here is the attempt where we whiped at 2-3 % http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...s=9620&e=10327
    and here is his armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Zanetsu/simple

Is there something you can see to be the cause of his low damage? Is it his gear? the fight or what? He was kinda low on Elegon also but I forgot to log that fight.

Any help is appricated

Deleted
    Tell him to drop the telluric currents glyph and get glyph of chain lightning, he have no need for that with how the mana regen work for elementals. He needs higher uptime on flame shock, preferably 100% if possible, he had lava bursts not critting because of that.

What shield ability is he using? I see no fulmination or earth shock damage in that log which could explain why he had TC glyph as he dont get any rolling thunder procs for mana if he dont use lightning shield, if he starts to use earth shock, does fulmination and gains higher uptime on flame shock his dps should go up quite a bit. He should also switch his enchant on the weapon for windsong. He should only be using earth shock when he have 6-7 stacks on lightning shield.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-10-08 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    Simple.

1) He is not using lighting shield/fulmination. Log showing no damage from that ability. That is big fail.

2) Flame shock uptime should be much better, around 95% or so.

Deleted
    Only did a cursory glance and i can't see anything in particular wrong with his gear.
    10% of his lavabursts were non crit, and he had few stormlash procs but nothing major. He doesnt seem to have 100% uptime of searing+fire elemental. And no fulmination.

Deleted
    He could skill Primal Elementalist instead of Elemental blast. The DPS is about the same, but it simplifies the rotation.
    Enough said about the rotation in the above posts.

He's missing some hit and he gemmed crit, which is our weakest stat. He's missing the belt buckle. Changing both that should get him to 15%.

The enchant is due to Windsong being bugged atm (Sometimes it only procs once per 4 min etc) for casters :P

But I'll pass him these notes! Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslaspule View Post
    He could skill Primal Elementalist instead of Elemental blast. The DPS is about the same, but it simplifies the rotation.

He's missing some hit and he gemmed crit, which is our weakest stat. He's missing the belt buckle. Changing both that should get him to 15%.
    He is Draenai, so he need only 14%. Armory is bugged, ingame he has 15,15% hit, i am sure.

Deleted
    He is hit capped due to a bugged armory with racials. The only crit gem is in the engineering trinket that already have haste and mastery, pretty much the only viable option left for the third slot.

Deleted
    Hi everyone, the elemental shaman in question here. Missing to cast lightning shield was really stupid, explains why I went OOM as well. Flame shock uptime can be better, yeah. I'm trying to keep at least one FS on one of the bosses at all times, as well as casting it on the adds I'm killing for more Lava Surges. I am hit-capped, that's why I socketed the crit cogwheel, I know it's our worst stat out of the secondary ones, but I'm not sure there's a better option.

What's the best way to use PE? Channel the damage increase? Also, all your help is really appreciated. As I started playing a shaman this expansion, I'm not exactly a master of my class.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    He is hit capped due to a bugged armory with racials. The only crit gem is in the engineering trinket that already have haste and mastery, pretty much the only viable option left for the third slot.
    well he can put in a will or hit gem so he can reforge somewhere from will/hit to haste/mastery but his major problems are already mentioned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanetsu View Post
    Hi everyone, the elemental shaman in question here. Missing to cast lightning shield was really stupid, explains why I went OOM as well. Flame shock uptime can be better, yeah. I'm trying to keep at least one FS on one of the bosses at all times, as well as casting it on the adds I'm killing for more Lava Surges. I am hit-capped, that's why I socketed the crit cogwheel, I know it's our worst stat out of the secondary ones, but I'm not sure there's a better option.

What's the best way to use PE? Channel the damage increase? Also, all your help is really appreciated. As I started playing a shaman this expansion, I'm not exactly a master of my class.
    It's best to let the Fire Elemental do its own thing, but you can multidot with Immolate if there are multiple targets next to each other like on Stone Guard. The Primal Fire Elemental does about 22k dps if I remember correctly, where as channeling Empower only increases your DPS by 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    It's best to let the Fire Elemental do its own thing, but you can multidot with Immolate if there are multiple targets next to each other like on Stone Guard. The Primal Fire Elemental does about 22k dps if I remember correctly, where as channeling Empower only increases your DPS by 5%.
    By immolate, I think he means flame shock.

Since there are so many adds on this fight, putting a flame shock on 3 or 4 will allow for heaps of lava surge procs, allowing for more Lava Bursts, meaning more DPS.

Target wise, your Elemental Shaman is very low on the ragers, in comparison to your Fire mage / Warlock who are doing 7m / 5m respectively. Your Fire Mage and Warlock are much more suited for this style of fight compared to the Elemental Shaman (Multi dotting). I would be more worried about your shadow priest, who should be up there with the warlock and mage, and also your retribution paladin and rogue. Your ret pally and rogue had 3 and 1 Opportunistic Strikes over that entire fight, meaning they got hit a lot of times by the bosses' combos, that needs to improve, as opportunistic strike does a large amount of damage.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

IMHO, i would drop the crit cog from the trinket and use an exp/hit/spi cog(expertise=hit now), that way they could reforge for more haste/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post

Since there are so many adds on this fight, putting a flame shock on 3 or 4 will allow for heaps of lava surge procs, allowing for more Lava Bursts, meaning more DPS.

Target wise, your Elemental Shaman is very low on the ragers, in comparison to your Fire mage / Warlock who are doing 7m / 5m respectively. Your Fire Mage and Warlock are much more suited for this style of fight compared to the Elemental Shaman (Multi dotting). I would be more worried about your shadow priest, who should be up there with the warlock and mage, and also your retribution paladin and rogue. Your ret pally and rogue had 3 and 1 Opportunistic Strikes over that entire fight, meaning they got hit a lot of times by the bosses' combos, that needs to improve, as opportunistic strike does a large amount of damage.
    We had meele on rages hence low strike and SP healing abit.

However, the DPS issue with ele shaman has pritty much been fixed as he didnt even use lightning shield... We appricate the help alot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post

No, he means Immolate. Pet ability, IIRC.

Deleted
    Swap that crit Cogwheel for a spirit 1.. and reforge

every little bit helps!

Deleted
    I have already reforged away as much as possible from spirit, I'm not able to reforge any more towards haste/mastery. That's why I put the crit cog there, putting anything else there would just be unnecessary hit.

your top dps is the tank?! things have changed since I last played.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Tell him to drop the telluric currents glyph and get glyph of chain lightning, he have no need for that with how the mana regen work for elementals.
    Wrong, on Will of the Emperor glyphing CL is a DPS loss because it never hits enough targets. That said, Glyph of Thunder is more useful than TC.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    your top dps is the tank?! things have changed since I last played.
    On WotE the tanks sit and damage one mob almost the entire fight (DPS does not) and they also get a very high damage special attack
    Last edited by thegempolice; 2012-10-08 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanetsu View Post
    I have already reforged away as much as possible from spirit, I'm not able to reforge any more towards haste/mastery. That's why I put the crit cog there, putting anything else there would just be unnecessary hit.
    that'S wrong. your pants are crit -> sprit, your 2nd trinket is not reforged, your helmet as unreforged spirit... you get the idea if you socket the spirit gem all this hit/spirit can be optimized so you lower in the end crit for mastery/haste
    use some tool to help you how to reforge

edit: some quick check with askmrrobot shows me that you are correct more reforging isn't necessary. only belt gem (red gem) and weapon enchant (windsong) has to be changed good work^^
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-10-08 at 12:39 PM.