Thread: Arch Change?

Deleted

Arch Change?

Either im dumb and missed this totally before or its just been patched in.
    Im currently 560 Arch, was doing the dailies for cloud serpents to gather six fragments, and every dig (not solve) gave a skillup, resulting in 566 Arch in one dig site.
    Is that old or recently patched in? As i dont rememeber gaining any skillups on dig post low lvls.

regards

Edit :- Now 575 just digging, not done solves yet.
    2nd Edit :- Now 600 Arch with a skillup every single dig all the way to cap.
    Last edited by mmoc9bf106605f; 2012-10-17 at 04:48 PM.

Levelled mine a week ago and was only getting from solves. Like it this way better :P

Deleted
    it must be new then, not complaining means i can finally use all them restored artifacts lol

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you get skill from every dig ever, or just while on the could serpent quest? I never got any skill from digging, though I was 600 before hitting 90 so maybe it's part of the daily.

Deleted
    Handed the quest in then went to test and still got skill ups every single dig all the way to 600.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also noticed this behaviour last night.

I had been clearing digsites all over Jade Forest in the last couple of weeks, and got myself up to 560 by completing Solves. But yesterday, I went to my first digsite in the Valley of Four Winds, and lo and behold, I started getting +1 skill-ups with every fragment pile I looted!

Not sure if this is an unannounced and intentional change, or just a bug.

Deleted
    I can confirm seeing this behavior too, it must've been changed within a couple of days because I didn't see this happening when I leveled up my other char's archaeology.

Deleted
    can also confirm something damm nice, decided to try another alt that had 530 arch, went to Uldum and getting skillups per dig their too, so isnt just pandaria areas.

This used to be true when leveling from 1-50 skill, now its happening at all skill levels: everytime you loot fragments, +1 skill.

Confirmed with my lock that was at 102 skill. Skillups from solving artifacts of appropriate level seems unchanged.
    Last edited by karadine; 2012-10-18 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karadine View Post
    Confirmed with my lock that was at 102 skill. Skillups from solving artifacts of appropriate level seems unchanged.
    Yes, you still can't get skillups from solving artifacts from non-pandaria races from 525 to 600.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noone actually has to solve anything anymore if they want to cap Archaeology. If you start out at 525, then you only need to move to 13 dig sites and you'll get 600 skill with only needing to solve an artifact if you're about to gather 200 fragments. I just finished leveling 2 alts from 525 to 600, one was in Outland doing some herbing and the other was in Northrend / Old World (to test things out).

Arch was already easy enough to level ( I have 3 toons at 600, 7 at 525 ) but this'll make it that much easier to get some extra umbrellas for all my casters

Experience is also different depending where you're digging ( for those under 90 ). My alts are all fully rested since I've been doing massive dailies on my main, but when I was digging in Pandaria, I was only getting a little over 15k xp per dig ( 90-100k per site ), Outland / EK / Kal was giving 38k per dig ( 230k~ ), Northrend was giving almost 40k ( 237k~ ). I'm not sure why the differences in xp numbers, but they were all done on lvl 85's with the 10% guild bonus.