Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    What is this ability called? Can't find it on the Druid's ability book.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

  2. #42

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire salate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Russia, Samara
    Posts
    428
    buu a warlock critted me for 240k with Chaos Bolt yesterday
    + druid bited me = insta dead = poor hunter cry
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    buu a warlock critted me for 240k with Chaos Bolt yesterday
    + druid bited me = insta dead = poor hunter cry



    OMG NERF

    obviously unfair and totally unbalanced




    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  5. #45
    For anyone who wants video proof, I decided to take Heart of the Wild into a BG just to get some footage for a friend and I might aswell post it here. This was my ONLY try with it as Balance (I've used it as Resto loads but don't have a Resto spec atm - there shouldn't be any difference in the damage anyway).

    It's really OP, although nerfing the duration by 50% and the CD by 50% wouldn't solve anything.. as nearly -all- of the damage from HotW comes from the first 5-10s when you burn through your energy bar.

    Good Druids' will also slowly get the 5 CP's through an arena match without using HotW, so there is on demand burst whenever it is needed. That on-demand 100-200k ferocious bite burst is ridiculous when coupled with a resto druids ability to get around the map. A couple of well placed shrooms to Wild Charge too and no pillars would be safe to hide behind. Feral Charge > HotW > 100-200k Fero bite and 3-4 20-40k mangles.

    Link to video, I have no idea about the person I hits gear, although I only have 8% PvP power in this video.


  6. #46
    This thread fits in with just about every other warr and Spriest thread. OMG moan moan they have something knew that hits me hard and I don't like it. I watch as many twtich pvp streams as I can, from Reckful on a warr to Sodapoppin on a druid, to snutz and watching talb on Spriest. Classes have new abilites. Yes some will hit you hard, news flash, get used to it, adapt and counter. People say warrs avatar OP, you say druids OP, should they all get changed?

    Learn to adapt and live around it. There will always be a counter and FOTM and a player better than you. You got hit hard. Next time maybe try a new idea.

  7. #47
    That talent is supposed to be a 45s respec and I guess it's doing exactly that.

    I find it rather interesting and I think it's too early to cry for nerfs already. It's subject to a lot of limitations (the cooldown being one, and if you have this you don't have the other talents). It's not something impossible to adapt to, and as far as I'm concerned that's when something OP is OP: it happens to you and you can't do anything about it.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    This thread fits in with just about every other warr and Spriest thread. OMG moan moan they have something knew that hits me hard and I don't like it. I watch as many twtich pvp streams as I can, from Reckful on a warr to Sodapoppin on a druid, to snutz and watching talb on Spriest. Classes have new abilites. Yes some will hit you hard, news flash, get used to it, adapt and counter. People say warrs avatar OP, you say druids OP, should they all get changed?

    Learn to adapt and live around it. There will always be a counter and FOTM and a player better than you. You got hit hard. Next time maybe try a new idea.
    Just FYI, if nobody moaned this game would be an unbalanced piece of horse turd. Blizzard rely on player feedback and if 99% of players think a spell is OP, it's probably OP.

    I main Druid, and I will quite happily admit that there is almost no counter to HotW.

    I can open with a pounce>rake>mangle at the start of an arena game. Wait 1-2 minutes for a swap onto that person, pop HotW and Fero bite them for 100-200k. There is NO way you can avoid getting hit for 45 seconds by a class that has 2 sprints and cannot be slowed/rooted.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Just FYI, if nobody moaned this game would be an unbalanced piece of horse turd. Blizzard rely on player feedback and if 99% of players think a spell is OP, it's probably OP.

    I main Druid, and I will quite happily admit that there is almost no counter to HotW.

    I can open with a pounce>rake>mangle at the start of an arena game. Wait 1-2 minutes for a swap onto that person, pop HotW and Fero bite them for 100-200k. There is NO way you can avoid getting hit for 45 seconds by a class that has 2 sprints and cannot be slowed/rooted.
    Blizz rely on detailed feed back from a big group of players plus data I assume they gather on their own. A thread saying OMG LOL 100K CRIT! Yeah I will kinda gurantee Blizz won't care much. That is why they do beta tests. Yes PVP is not balanced, it never will be. But a guy on a forum saying its silly will change nothing. I can almost gurantee some level 90 has hit someone or something for a huge amount. It't part of a new exp. Hence I said adapt and learn.

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    This thread fits in with just about every other warr and Spriest thread. OMG moan moan they have something knew that hits me hard and I don't like it. I watch as many twtich pvp streams as I can, from Reckful on a warr to Sodapoppin on a druid, to snutz and watching talb on Spriest. Classes have new abilites. Yes some will hit you hard, news flash, get used to it, adapt and counter. People say warrs avatar OP, you say druids OP, should they all get changed?

    Learn to adapt and live around it. There will always be a counter and FOTM and a player better than you. You got hit hard. Next time maybe try a new idea.
    I might try some new ideas when pvp gear reduce CC duration or something.

    I just wanted to gather information about this. This is not the official forum, and i know Blizzard wont read this. Now my decision is to level up a FOTM instead of moaning, crying and whining.
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2012-10-10 at 06:08 AM.
    Dear god forgive me for preordering WOD. That is the most retarded thing ive ever done in my 24 years of life.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    That talent is supposed to be a 45s respec and I guess it's doing exactly that.
    But it's NOT a simple respec for 45 seconds. Normal ferals don't even get those numbers.

    Everyone being "balanced" when everyone's OP is the biggest copout ever. The PvP just isn't freaking fun at all in this state.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-10 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  12. #52
    Is this legit? God damn it. Well this happens every expansion, it'll get hot fixed.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    Hence I said adapt and learn.
    Out of interest, do you have any suggestions for handling an unstoppable healer from biting your head off on a hard switch? 'Kill the resto before he has a chance' perhaps?

    I'm sure blizz will correct this, I just don't get why you're so keen to defend it and so upset that people are talking about it. Should people on a forum not talk about unexpected game changes that surprise them? Incidentally, the latest blue posts on battle.net specifically ask for feedback. If you want to be heard, post there, but I don't see why people shouldn't also post here.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  14. #54
    Why we have roles anymore? healers dpsing and dpsers healing sounds good and original

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Why we have roles anymore? healers dpsing and dpsers healing sounds good and original
    It sounds horrible and antiquated, class homogenisation is not what Blizzard should be aiming at (I like my character choice to be based on more than 'how hot would I look wearing Robes of Insight?').
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  16. #56
    A 100k crit from a 6min cd that takes this long time to setup and is so easily counterable is hardly overpowered.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 06:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Out of interest, do you have any suggestions for handling an unstoppable healer from biting your head off on a hard switch? 'Kill the resto before he has a chance' perhaps?

    I'm sure blizz will correct this, I just don't get why you're so keen to defend it and so upset that people are talking about it. Should people on a forum not talk about unexpected game changes that surprise them? Incidentally, the latest blue posts on battle.net specifically ask for feedback. If you want to be heard, post there, but I don't see why people shouldn't also post here.
    Resto Druids cant use this in a "hard switch" because it will take too long to gather up the required energy/combo points.
    Their better off spamming Wrath.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    It will be nerfed. 100%. And it should. This is from a resto druid. But if people here who complain about Heart of the Wild cant admit that warriors and hunters need nerfs first. then this is just a broken discussion. that is all
    1000% this
    lets not qq about locks being able to soulstone in arena either!

    Sorry for those who say " they are healz they shouldnt be able to do decent dps! " but that is the entire point of the talent. Go read it if you like
    Im sure it will get nerfed, but i hope it lets you do comparable dps as if you were feral or boomy. Its on a 6 minute cd so thats really not bad lol

    Btw you only have 1 bleed mangle and ferocious bite now, so the latter is going to have to do abit of dmg to make it worth anything without any other abilities.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 02:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Out of interest, do you have any suggestions for handling an unstoppable healer from biting your head off on a hard switch? 'Kill the resto before he has a chance' perhaps?
    if the resto pops his head out( trying to stack combos on you) pop your shit and swap to him. or cc him.
    Can i be google now ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

    Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    if the resto pops his head out( trying to stack combos on you) pop your shit and swap to him. or cc him.
    Can i be google now ?
    Pounce, rake, mangle = 3 combos, then back to healing/cc duty. Two minutes later the druid goes kittie and rakes, mangles, then bites. Not too many opportunities for the switch, if it's timed with any CC (the SS I linked I was in a DF when the druid switched). You're literally locked out of trinketing until the druid goes cat, that's some pretty sweet indirect control there. My point is that you shouldn't have to live in fear/be too scared to trinket anything in case a HEALER runs over to take 50% of your HP off you.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2012-10-10 at 06:39 PM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I might try some new ideas when pvp gear reduce CC duration or something.

    I just wanted to gather information about this. This is not the official forum, and i know Blizzard wont read this. Now my decision is to level up a FOTM instead of moaning, crying and whining.
    Excellent choice. Be a FOTM player.

    If you're dying to this in a BG, congratz to the druid - he got you with his 6 min CD. Tough cookies for you. Talent working as talent is intended, and let's face it, not a big deal. If you're dying to this in Arena, then you're just a baddie who isn't focus-firing a healer. I play druid. If my warrior team mate is being targetted, I get to freely CC and build combo points. If I'm getting beat on, I can't screw around trying to build combo points in cat form. I have to (surprise!) heal + kite.

    Don't be a baddie.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by KainX View Post
    If you're dying to this in a BG, congratz to the druid - he got you with his 6 min CD. Tough cookies for you. Talent working as talent is intended, and let's face it, not a big deal. If you're dying to this in Arena, then you're just a baddie who isn't focus-firing a healer. I play druid. If my warrior team mate is being targetted, I get to freely CC and build combo points. If I'm getting beat on, I can't screw around trying to build combo points in cat form. I have to (surprise!) heal + kite.
    Because druids, in their infinite underpoweredness, have NO CHOICE but to run and heal at all times when being focused with a warrior teammate. Their complete lack of instant cc and instant heals FORCES them to struggle healing any damage. Warriors bring absoluetly no damage and peels that would allow the druids, with their abysmal mobility, to LOS and top off and switch back to cc'ing/building combo points. Plus, if said druid were EVER stupid enough to spec into displacer beast, he would surely have no way to escape a switch to him.

    Seriously though, resto druids are very strong already, they dont need this kind of burst capability. For an hpally (the other healer capable of bursting) to bring burst he has to pop healing cooldowns to increase his damage (or glyph to reduce his healing) which makes him and his teammates vulnerable, switching forms as a druid with their numerous hots/outs/mobility/cc is hardly comparable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •