10+ Year Old Account

Infinity Ward removes game map because it's offensive to islam

-If I put this in the wrong forum please movie it-

So apparently Infinity ward decided to disable Favela because there's a framed picture in a bathroom in arabic saying "allah is good" for some reason this is insulting to Islam so they decided to disable the whole map. (As I understand for now they are disabling it to take away the stuff, don't know if it will stay disabled forever)

Sources:http://gyazo.com/d56457f0d75c73974845940db229f4a6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=GvqVNXFJevY
    "We want an apology on your homepage, twitter, youtube etc etc and a patch that will fix this, or else you will have to face the consequences."
    (Also just search for favela disabled and you'll see more)

Opinions on this? The game is like 3 years old for god's sake.
    Last edited by Edison; 2012-10-08 at 09:05 AM.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Company gives in to fear of reprisal by radical Islamists."

This is old news. I miss the Soviets as an archenemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If they think its going to offend a large section of their market then why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    If they think its going to offend a large section of their market then why not?
    Because giving in to the threat of violent reprisal only validates it as a legitimate course of action.

To be blunt, I am tired of the Islam carebears.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

I'm simply tired to everyone giving in to every threat, to scared to insult or debate ANYTHING against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's for MW2 yeah?
    Sigh.

I wish IW wasn't a bunch of sissies and said 'yeah, we put it in the game, get over it, your opinion isn't the only thing that matters. You like killing your race, and other humans, but when it comes to religion. OH NOW IT'S ON!'.

Really trying hard to not religion bash.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Because giving in to the threat of violent reprisal only validates it as a legitimate course of action.

Sign up with the Marines and go PvP then. Actually my friends unit was expecting to get deployed to Afghanistan this summer and have quietly been told they most likely won't be deployed any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Sign up with the Marines and go PvP then. Actually my friends unit was expecting to get deployed to Afghanistan this summer and have quietly been told they most likely won't be deployed any longer.
    I'm a bureaucrat, not a soldier. I kill with the stroke of a pen rather than a rifle.

Ugh this. Rather tired of this shit as well. You can always use your right to NOT get offended and walk away you know?

Also a little curious as to why a framed photo with the text "Allah is good" is offensive? If anything that should be good, or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    "Company gives in to fear of reprisal by radical Islamists."

This is old news. I miss the Soviets as an archenemy.
    Isn't MW2, MW3 and Black OPS 1 and 2 all about kicking Soviet ass?
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Yeah, but the Soviets didn't get all butthurt when we made jokes about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    MW 1, and 2 both have 'middle-eastern' levels in multiplayer. The story from 1-3 you fight russians, north koreans, chinese, brazilians, somewhere in africa, and numerous locals in the middle east, and then you fight off an invasion of the US. Blops 1 is about the cold war. 2 is about the cold war and a dystopian future.

Deleted
    Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, They're bitching about a border of a picture, that has some writing on it that nobody sees unless they are just looking for something to bitch about.

That's plain ass retarded

Fuck this shit with all the constant "Oh no someone might get offended" Let them be offended!

Oh right and I love the part at the end "We just want to be respected, because respect is everything"

You're bitching about a picture frame with a text nobody sees anyway on it mentioning some deity and threatening with "Remove it or you'll face the consequences" (Yes I know it's a simple boycott but still, what the hell) Oh yes that's totally respectful, good going mister "Respect is everything"
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-10-08 at 09:28 AM.

Muslims...... I'm not going to give my opinion, cuz it will be offending for muslim's.
    And il get banned again from this site. Lol ive been banned 10times pluss actually

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    -If I put this in the wrong forum please movie it-

So apparently Infinity ward decided to disable Favela because there's a framed picture in a bathroom in arabic saying "allah is good" for some reason this is insulting to Islam so they decided to disable the whole map. (As I understand for now they are disabling it to take away the stuff, don't know if it will stay disabled forever)

Sources:http://gyazo.com/d56457f0d75c73974845940db229f4a6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=GvqVNXFJevY
    "We want an apology on your homepage, twitter, youtube etc etc and a patch that will fix this, or else you will have to face the consequences."
    (Also just search for favela disabled and you'll see more)

Opinions on this? The game is like 3 years old for god's sake.
    Its ok for us to run wild and shoot down muslim terrorist's, haha, but a picture of allah is good is bad? fuck logic 9999999 times in the nose right?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

They gave in because they don't give a shit. Why should they go through all the whining and shit while you can just disable one map in a 4 year old game which barely generates profit for them?

Yes, it's pathetic. If it's offensive then don't play it. There are more things in life which are offensive to someone.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-10-08 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Ugh this. Rather tired of this shit as well. You can always use your right to NOT get offended and walk away you know?

Also a little curious as to why a framed photo with the text "Allah is good" is offensive? If anything that should be good, or?
    Apparantly it's because it's in a bathroom. It's "Forbidden within islam" to talk about islam in a bathroom or something... Facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Apparantly it's because it's in a bathroom. It's "Forbidden within islam" to talk about islam in a bathroom or something... Facepalm
    It's not strange religions aren't respected if you invent nonsense like this and then force others to 'respect' you. This goes for all religions.

They do know people will laugh behind their backs when they hear stories like these where some idiot complains about lack of respect because there is a framed photo hanging in a videogame. You won't get respected when you act like that.

won't be long until it's OK to hate muslims openly EVERYWHERE because of the idiots

the only ones who'll suffer are the muslims who aren't out there bothering everyone. that's how this shit usually goes and when the mob mentality kicks in, they should probably be afraid.

maybe ... just maybe ...

if you are going to put some religion related things in your game, you would research about it. instead of mindlessly putting stuff not knowing if they will impact the people who practice the religion or not.

in Islam it is sinful to mention the word "Allah" in a bathroom. and they just put it there without thinking.

and if you want to hate us, go on hate us. at least i am living my life happily.

Deleted
    Typically, threads relating to video games or game manufacturers would be better suited to the Video Games Discussion forum, but seeing as this topic is explicitly related to religion, a subject which site rules state should not be discussed on the forums, it seems more appropriate to simply close it.