Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    This patch messed up my graphics. Players now vanishing and others simply not showing up until I restart the game. This happens in WVW which is really annoying with the que time. Anyone else having this issue?

  2. #42
    All the people saying the GS nerf for guardian was justified.....what are you smoking? The retaliation of Symbol of Wrath was laughable at best. The only time it was good was if noobs in pvp melted their faces on it. And last time I checked, noobs shouldn't be who the changes are centered around (unfortunately, that is what usually happens). I never found the retal from it anywhere remotely as useful anywhere else. If you were using symbol of wrath for anything but additional AoE damage in PvE, or for the additional boon for certain traits that focus around boons, then you were doing it wrong. The nerf to guardian GS was done in order to decrease the overall damage of GS itself, Anet just tried to hide the fact behind the retal excuse. And in doing so, they made the Zeal line for GS/symbols only HALF as effective as it was before. That is a huge deal....although if any of you had actually played guardian in that regard, you'd at least have an inkling of an idea about it. Obviously, a lot of you don't. And no, GS damage was not to high. It was our best weapon, that actually kept us comparable to other classes in terms of damage. Not saying that GS completely sucks ass now, just that it has been weakened more than it should have been. So now, instead of having one good weapon to go to for damage, we have a bunch of mediocre ones. Don't see how anyone thinks that's fair.

    And I love how some Anet tries to say that they changed GS to promote better gameplay and make it less simple than before. Actually, the new change made GS even MORE simple than it was. The play style of it now, especially in PvE is this: 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1. Yeah...good job on making it even more dull than it was before. At least before we had more buttons to push. GS guardian is fast becoming an autoattack build. And they state that to help compensate us for the increased CD on Symbol of Wrath, they decreased the CD on Whirling Wrath to 10 seconds......the thing is, the CD has always been 10 seconds. So they changed nothing about WW and say that they did. And the decreased CD on Leap of Faith is NOT adequate compensation for the lost dps. It may make PvP a bit easier on a melee guardian, but that's about the only thing.

    Honestly people....what game are you all playing?

  3. #43
    Another MMO, another batch of players who think the developers of the game have no idea what they are doing and that they (the players) would do a better job of balancing the game. Some things never change.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    The change was probably made to stop groups from rushing through, letting him die, and ranged ressing him to bypass part of the encounter.
    Pretty sure they did it to balance it with the warrior's near identical version of the skill. Warriors were unable to revive dead players, but elementalists were for some reason. Highly doubt it was intended, as it was hardly fair (seeing as elementalists were the only ones who could do it).
    However, this only applies to players. NPCs should still be able to be resurrected from dead, just as warriors can do. NPCs don't have a downed state and it takes about as long to help up an NPC as a downed player, which is likely the reason they decided to make it work on NPCs. If they were trying to fix the skipping you're referring to, they'd simply make it not work on that one NPC.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Another MMO, another batch of players who think the developers of the game have no idea what they are doing and that they (the players) would do a better job of balancing the game. Some things never change.
    If player's could balance things, everyone would be one shotting everything in PvE, and no profession could kill another profession in PvP.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Another MMO, another batch of players who think the developers of the game have no idea what they are doing and that they (the players) would do a better job of balancing the game. Some things never change.
    Yeah pretty much. I see balancing complaints on every single mmo I have ever played, every single one.

  7. #47
    Heh... well, disregard my last post, as I just logged onto my guardian to check out the changes. Plays pretty awful now, to be honest.


    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Another MMO, another batch of players who think the developers of the game have no idea what they are doing and that they (the players) would do a better job of balancing the game. Some things never change.
    Another MMO, another player who thinks that every change a dev makes is the right one, because.. well, because.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Another MMO, another player who thinks that every change a dev makes is the right one, because.. well, because.
    Because they have more data than you, they have worked on the game longer than you, and they have worked on the previous game more than you have played it. Not "just because". But perhaps you think they are clueless dolts who are just winging it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    And I love how some Anet tries to say that they changed GS to promote better gameplay and make it less simple than before. Actually, the new change made GS even MORE simple than it was. The play style of it now, especially in PvE is this: 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1. Yeah...good job on making it even more dull than it was before. At least before we had more buttons to push. GS guardian is fast becoming an autoattack build. And they state that to help compensate us for the increased CD on Symbol of Wrath, they decreased the CD on Whirling Wrath to 10 seconds......the thing is, the CD has always been 10 seconds. So they changed nothing about WW and say that they did. And the decreased CD on Leap of Faith is NOT adequate compensation for the lost dps. It may make PvP a bit easier on a melee guardian, but that's about the only thing.
    From playing the mesmer during beta and about 180 hours on my engineer I'd have to say EVERY class plays like this. The game revolves around spamming 1 a lot and occasionally mixing in other skills. Probably because 1 is a spammable skill and the rest are on CDs.

    Ex. On engi with grenade kit: F ability to throw grenade barrage, 4 to freeze mobs, 2 to bleed then spam 1. Hit 3 if mobs get to you to blind and use poison from 5 if you want. Every pull I do the same thing. In WvWvW I spam 1 on keep walls or on players over and over and over and over and over and over. If I could have it auto-fire I would. Flamethrower kit, spam 1 again. Noticing a pattern here?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All the people saying the GS nerf for guardian was justified.....what are you smoking? The retaliation of Symbol of Wrath was laughable at best. The only time it was good was if noobs in pvp melted their faces on it.
    If it has that little value then why are you complaining about it so much?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    On the same token, some of the other weapons for guardians are pretty bad (oh hi, mace / shield combo, or hammer), and seem to receive little to no attention.
    Mace is a very good weapon in its own right (very good in combination with focus) and hammer was buffed just shortly. Dunno why you call it bad?

  12. #52
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    Mace is a very good weapon in its own right (very good in combination with focus) and hammer was buffed just shortly. Dunno why you call it bad?
    Not popular = bad

    Unfortunately, that's some people's mentality. Every weapon combination is good in its own right, it's just that some don't work very well with certain builds + utility skills.

    Said it before, GW2 is a game of builds, much like its predecessor, and it isn't about getting the best optimal build. It's about getting the build that counters everyone else's builds. People just copy builds off the internet and want them to work.
    "Do you know what it's like to fall on the floor, cry your guts out til you got no more? Hey man, now you're really livin'" - Mark Everett

    Crucilus Bloodbane - Level 80 Charr Necromancer - Zebra lord of the bank alts
    Esaari - Level 80 Asura Elementalist

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Not popular = bad

    Unfortunately, that's some people's mentality. Every weapon combination is good in its own right, it's just that some don't work very well with certain builds + utility skills.

    Said it before, GW2 is a game of builds, much like its predecessor, and it isn't about getting the best optimal build. It's about getting the build that counters everyone else's builds. People just copy builds off the internet and want them to work.
    Mace has rather poor mobility and damage compared to many of it's alternatives, and the defensive measures it provides are just.. eh. And it doesn't have a whole lot going for it in terms of traits either, again, when compared to other available weapons. Sure, all these weapons are good on their own, but some certainly work better in most situations than others. Mace isn't one of them.

    Hammer is a better weapon, but still falls short of GS based on how slow the attacks are, even if it does hit like a truck.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    If it has that little value then why are you complaining about it so much?
    I'm complaining about the overall nerf to the skill, not retal part. The retal part was left unchanged, but the skill CD was increased by 100%, which is a pretty substantial dps loss for GS guardians. So to fix the retal portion of the skill, Anet instead nerfs the entire skill and makes guardians deal less overall damage and basically screwed over the zeal trait line even worse than they did before. If you played guardian, you would understand what I'm talking about. They went about fixing the skill in the completely WRONG way.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I'm complaining about the overall nerf to the skill, not retal part. The retal part was left unchanged, but the skill CD was increased by 100%, which is a pretty substantial dps loss for GS guardians. So to fix the retal portion of the skill, Anet instead nerfs the entire skill and makes guardians deal less overall damage and basically screwed over the zeal trait line even worse than they did before. If you played guardian, you would understand what I'm talking about. They went about fixing the skill in the completely WRONG way.
    Perhaps that's because guardians were doing too much damage. The point is that you are assuming that the change was for a specific reason. You don't know what their reasons were. You may think it's wrong but that doesn't make it wrong. It's just your opinion on the matter. The way you are charging around in this thread blasting people who don't agree with you doesn't make your opinion any more right. I am sure if A/Net identify that guardians are doing too little damage now then they will tweak that.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All the people saying the GS nerf for guardian was justified.....what are you smoking? The retaliation of Symbol of Wrath was laughable at best. The only time it was good was if noobs in pvp melted their faces on it. And last time I checked, noobs shouldn't be who the changes are centered around (unfortunately, that is what usually happens). I never found the retal from it anywhere remotely as useful anywhere else. If you were using symbol of wrath for anything but additional AoE damage in PvE, or for the additional boon for certain traits that focus around boons, then you were doing it wrong. The nerf to guardian GS was done in order to decrease the overall damage of GS itself, Anet just tried to hide the fact behind the retal excuse. And in doing so, they made the Zeal line for GS/symbols only HALF as effective as it was before. That is a huge deal....although if any of you had actually played guardian in that regard, you'd at least have an inkling of an idea about it. Obviously, a lot of you don't. And no, GS damage was not to high. It was our best weapon, that actually kept us comparable to other classes in terms of damage. Not saying that GS completely sucks ass now, just that it has been weakened more than it should have been. So now, instead of having one good weapon to go to for damage, we have a bunch of mediocre ones. Don't see how anyone thinks that's fair.

    And I love how some Anet tries to say that they changed GS to promote better gameplay and make it less simple than before. Actually, the new change made GS even MORE simple than it was. The play style of it now, especially in PvE is this: 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1. Yeah...good job on making it even more dull than it was before. At least before we had more buttons to push. GS guardian is fast becoming an autoattack build. And they state that to help compensate us for the increased CD on Symbol of Wrath, they decreased the CD on Whirling Wrath to 10 seconds......the thing is, the CD has always been 10 seconds. So they changed nothing about WW and say that they did. And the decreased CD on Leap of Faith is NOT adequate compensation for the lost dps. It may make PvP a bit easier on a melee guardian, but that's about the only thing.

    Honestly people....what game are you all playing?
    OK here's my question:

    - What would you do to balance guardians?

  17. #57
    My biggest gripe with the patch is the camera changes, which I find a bit ironic. People complained it sucked because it wasn't stiff enough compared to other MMOs, and now that it is...I'm absolutely hating it. It just feels off and IMO makes the game feel cheaper.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Mace has rather poor mobility and damage compared to many of it's alternatives, and the defensive measures it provides are just.. eh. And it doesn't have a whole lot going for it in terms of traits either, again, when compared to other available weapons. Sure, all these weapons are good on their own, but some certainly work better in most situations than others. Mace isn't one of them.

    Hammer is a better weapon, but still falls short of GS based on how slow the attacks are, even if it does hit like a truck.
    The only thing I really didn't like about the hammer was how dull the playstyle was.
    I have played a hammer guardian from lvl 30'ish to well into lvl 80 and it was basically spamming two buttons: 1 and 2.
    Didn't play a whole lot of mace, but I did like the mace/focus combo at the start of the game.

    About greatsword though: even though I don't like the change they made to symbol of wrath, I don't feel like it's underpowered all of the sudden.
    I played GS with the setup for the first time today and I can still hold my own in PvE (whirling wrath still does a ton of damage).
    And from what I've seen in the world, not a lot of guardians have turned in their GS for something else over the past few days.

    About GS gameplay becoming duller: I fully disagree.
    You still have a lot of buttons to bash, a lot of cooldowns to manage, however, instead of spamming symbols, you spam whirling wrath.
    Seriously, if you want to experience dull gameplay, play a hammer guardian in PvE.
    You will just be typing 1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,2 over and over again.
    You'll even drop a symbol of protection on every third strike, so maybe you could use that for some insane symbol damage.
    However, saying that guardian GS is heading towards an autoattack build is clearly an overstatement.
    Accusing someone of breaking the forum rules is backseat moderating.
    Accusing someone of backseat moderating is backseat moderating.
    Therefore, due to its nature, backseat moderating will lead to nothing more than circular discussions.

  19. #59
    I'm with you, OP, this is stupid. I have 2 chars atm, a warrior and a guardian, both level 80. Sure, guardians dominate TPvP, but retalation and greatsword damage has NOTHING to do with it. Greatsword is only effective in extreme glass cannon builds and if you are playing versus noobs, both of which is not happening in TPvP. Guardians excel in TPvP due to their support capabilities, and they are not changed. Not to mention that guardians are absolutely terrible in WvW. What surprises me the most is that warriors are still not getting any nerfs. I mean I leveled my warrior just to play WvW (which is impossible with guardian) and I've been doing more damage than my full exotic guardian at about level 65. It's not considering the fact that I dont have to run with someone to slow enemies for me (or waste my JI cd to get a whirl off).

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 05:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    And from what I've seen in the world, not a lot of guardians have turned in their GS for something else over the past few days.
    Because there is no other option. The only option just became worse. Hammer is only good for extreme niche spvp point defender builds (actually is pretty good at it), sword is quite good single target damage but doesnt have aoe damage at all, mace is overall terrible and staff I wont even mention, you can forget about damage with it, same goes about scepter but slightly better.

  20. #60
    Disregard this. I misread a post.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2012-10-09 at 12:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •