Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This wouldn't be so bad if the other weapons were... actually interesting. Staff is probably the only other weapon IMO that makes the class actually fun to play, and even that is quite situational (as it should be).
    Staff is actually one weapon I find extremely boring. I do like 1H sword/mace and hammer though

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortcut View Post
    Could you please calm down a bit?
    This kind of hostile attitude isn't helping your case on this forum.

    You're saying everyone is trying to start arguments with you, but by behaving this way, you're actually allowing them to do so.
    If you want people to take you seriously, try not to let them provoke you like this.
    You don't know the situation between me and Kel. Kel likes to personally attack me and troll me. In fact, this isn't the first time Kel has went out of their way to do so (both in-game and on the forums). So instead of jumping all over my case, you should be telling Kel to back off. But like I said, you don't the situation. So you really can't comment on it at all.

    The mods on this site (Kel especially) are not holier than thou art, even though they seem to like to portray themselves that way sometimes. Because you know, they can't get banned for the shit they pull, unlike us.

    And I know I'll get some mod in response to this saying,"If you have an issue with a mod, please PM them or another mod to address the issue, blah, blah, blah." Which translates to,"We won't do shit about your situation because the mods are above the law and know more than you about everything, blah, blah, blah." Mods on forums sites are like Kim Jong Il.....they are the law, and can do no wrong, regardless of how many people they screw over in the process.

    Typical response "blah blah blah contact Bibi or Sunshine blah blah". And FYI, if mods are acting inappropriately we are dealt with accordingly. So seriously, if you have issues, bring them up with the site admins and they handle it. The forums aren't the place for this kind of discussion. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-10-09 at 05:09 PM.

  3. #103
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Mods on forums sites are like Kim Jong Il
    If memes weren't banned, this right here would be a 'first world problem' meme. Sat at home in a decent country with a privileged family who owns a PC able to play GW2 and has a stable internet connection complaining that moderators of a website are 'like Kim Jong Il'

    Anyway, seems like another case of 'As soon as it happens to me I will play hell up.'

    I play Necromancer. For the first few weeks, necros were almost completely broken. A lot of their traits didn't work, many of their abilities didn't work properly, etc. and now a justified nerf comes along, the guardian kicks up a storm? My word.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    If memes weren't banned, this right here would be a 'first world problem' meme. Sat at home in a decent country with a privileged family who owns a PC able to play GW2 and has a stable internet connection complaining that moderators of a website are 'like Kim Jong Il'

    Anyway, seems like another case of 'As soon as it happens to me I will play hell up.'

    I play Necromancer. For the first few weeks, necros were almost completely broken. A lot of their traits didn't work, many of their abilities didn't work properly, etc. and now a justified nerf comes along, the guardian kicks up a storm? My word.
    I would hardly call it justified. They broke an entire trait line for GS as well as screwed GS itself over in the process. All because of the secondary retal aspect. If retal was really that big of a deal, then remove or nerf the retal aspect. It's just plain dumb to hamper GS and all of its associated builds because of a SECONDARY effect on ONE skill. If retal needed a nerf, fine...but don't fuck over GS guardians and all the builds associated with it (especially symbol builds). Guardians may be OP in certain regards, but GS was the only thing keeping us competitive with other classes in terms of dps (at least on the PvE side of things). Not to mention they literally turned the GS into an auto attack weapon now. It is way more bland than it was before. Because they took away our utility that we had with an on demand symbol ( not the retal aspect of it, but the traited aspects of it).

  5. #105
    You realize most skills on your bar are meant to be situational, right? Sure, you *can* use them on cooldown, but when the design encourages (and doesn't penalize you in opportunity cost, ie not having the skill available for it's secondary effect due to 100% uptime on said effect) then it needs to be redesigned. Of course, there might be other ways of redesigning it, but that's the route they went -- for now. Balance is fluid, and what might be right for the game now might change later, or they decided to make a quick change now while they worked on designing a long-term solution, to help balance the current meta. Without all the details -- which patch notes don't provide -- you can't make such sweeping statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

  6. #106
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I would hardly call it justified. They broke an entire trait line for GS as well as screwed GS itself over in the process. All because of the secondary retal aspect. If retal was really that big of a deal, then remove or nerf the retal aspect. It's just plain dumb to hamper GS and all of its associated builds because of a SECONDARY effect on ONE skill. If retal needed a nerf, fine...but don't fuck over GS guardians and all the builds associated with it (especially symbol builds). Guardians may be OP in certain regards, but GS was the only thing keeping us competitive with other classes in terms of dps (at least on the PvE side of things). Not to mention they literally turned the GS into an auto attack weapon now. It is way more bland than it was before. Because they took away our utility that we had with an on demand symbol ( not the retal aspect of it, but the traited aspects of it).
    Again, more of the 'DPS is paramount' stuff as the real concerns fly right over your head. Try a different build if you hate it so much. They don't simply 'gimp an entire trait line' as you put it. They did it for a reason.

    As for PvE DPS, staying alive is more important. You shouldn't be a glass cannon anyway, doesn't matter what weapons and traits you use. DPS is less important than staying alive because few bosses have DPS race mechanics, most of them can be defeated in controlled and sustained circumstances, and guardians have the highest sustainability of any profession.

    They don't suck now because of the GS nerf, they just work differently from how you're used to.

    I remember rets kicking up a storm when they nerfed Word of Glory by adding a cooldown, too, but in retrospect it was completely justified. If it really has gimped the profession so much then they will restore the changes. Seriously, don't think they're doing it on a whim, they're gamers too.

  7. #107
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,625
    They managed to break almost all the end game events with the latest patch. I think a major problem here is that players think they're trying to fix things, and I'm starting to think that they're trying to do the opposite. They'll save tons of money on server maintenance!

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    They managed to break almost all the end game events with the latest patch. I think a major problem here is that players think they're trying to fix things, and I'm starting to think that they're trying to do the opposite. They'll save tons of money on server maintenance!
    I sometimes get curious if people are playing a different game with the same name. Because I can't say I've noticed anything wrong with them? Maybe some specifics?

  9. #109
    The Lightbringer Rukh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,625
    As far as I saw the old events that were bugged still are. Now along with those is jormag who just isn't targetable, and a loot pinata in orr where the main npc is missing so mobs just spawn endlessly providing endless greens and blues to the mob of players set to crash the economy.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Again, more of the 'DPS is paramount' stuff as the real concerns fly right over your head. Try a different build if you hate it so much. They don't simply 'gimp an entire trait line' as you put it. They did it for a reason.

    As for PvE DPS, staying alive is more important. You shouldn't be a glass cannon anyway, doesn't matter what weapons and traits you use. DPS is less important than staying alive because few bosses have DPS race mechanics, most of them can be defeated in controlled and sustained circumstances, and guardians have the highest sustainability of any profession.

    They don't suck now because of the GS nerf, they just work differently from how you're used to.

    I remember rets kicking up a storm when they nerfed Word of Glory by adding a cooldown, too, but in retrospect it was completely justified. If it really has gimped the profession so much then they will restore the changes. Seriously, don't think they're doing it on a whim, they're gamers too.
    You're failing to comprehend that it didn't just lower our dps, it lowered the utility and support of GS in general. We can keep up our symbol only 50% of the time that we use to be able to, which lowers our utility from all the traits that affect symbols. One glaring example is the trait that allows our symbols to heal anyone inside them. This allowed GS to have some decent team utility....now they've changed GS to be nothing but auto attack dps. That lowered its support and made it much more bland in the process. How you think that is ok or justified is still beyond me.

    They also made the GS probably the simplest weapon in the game now. It's literally nothing but spam auto attack and hit WW when it's off CD. You can still of course use SoW every time it's off of CD, but Anet obviously doesn't want you to do that, and yet that's what you need to do in order for the zeal trait line and GS utility to be effective. They change the skill and want you to use it one way, but leave all the traits the same so that you still need to use it the old way, but you can't. If they have something in mind for the way the traits are going to work with the new SoW, then they should have waited till ALL of it was ready to be patched in and not throw the skill change at us, but leave everything else as is and now be much less effective. It's shit I would expect out of a company that is dealing with their very first game, not a company who has several years experience already and working on their sequel.

    And no, GS doesn't suck....it's just A LOT less effective and diverse than what it was before. Which is a BAD thing.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2012-10-09 at 11:33 PM.

  11. #111
    Pit Lord barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,434
    No, it just lowered the dps of the GS, GS was never meant to be supportive.

    GS was already a spammy weapon to use, you're just circlejerking.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    No, it just lowered the dps of the GS, GS was never meant to be supportive.

    GS was already a spammy weapon to use, you're just circlejerking.
    You really are a bad guardian if you think GS was never supportive in any way before the patch. This shows your ignorance of the class. Leave and stop commenting on something you know nothing about.


    Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-10 at 01:55 PM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You really are a bad guardian if you think GS was never supportive in any way before the patch. This shows your ignorance of the class. Leave and stop commenting on something you know nothing about.
    GS was offensive. It was the thing you used to kill the guys approaching the point you're bunkered on. You used your other weapon set and utility skills for support.

    If you played GS supportively, it's no wonder you feel that your class has been broken by the changes. It wasn't a supportive weapon in the first place, and the only "supportive" gameplay through field spamming is now gone. Which shouldn't have existed in the first place.


    Now would be a good time to learn to play the class properly and dominate. You're still a clear #2 in terms of sPvP power after mesmers, with a very needed "unique snowflake" bunker defender role that no one else can do in tPvP. And frankly, if you feel that these nerfs are bad, you'll be bawling after the first real balancing patch hits if Izzy does them like he did in GW1. Because that patch will break guardians. Not the marginal nerf that didn't really change anything major like this one, but actually break the class so that he can build it to be more in line with the rest. Just like he did with classes that became this overpowered in their niches in GW1 countless times.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    GS was offensive. It was the thing you used to kill the guys approaching the point you're bunkered on. You used your other weapon set and utility skills for support.

    If you played GS supportively, it's no wonder you feel that your class has been broken by the changes. It wasn't a supportive weapon in the first place, and the only "supportive" gameplay through field spamming is now gone. Which shouldn't have existed in the first place.


    Now would be a good time to learn to play the class properly and dominate. You're still a clear #2 in terms of sPvP power after mesmers, with a very needed "unique snowflake" bunker defender role that no one else can do in tPvP. And frankly, if you feel that these nerfs are bad, you'll be bawling after the first real balancing patch hits if Izzy does them like he did in GW1. Because that patch will break guardians. Not the marginal nerf that didn't really change anything major like this one, but actually break the class so that he can build it to be more in line with the rest. Just like he did with classes that became this overpowered in their niches in GW1 countless times.
    Quite frankly, they should have canned Izzy long ago. And they should have also kept skill changes separate from PvE and PvP like they did in GW1. I guess Anet learned nothing from their history. Oh well.

  15. #115
    Fluffy Kitten Bloodhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Quite frankly, they should have canned Izzy long ago. And they should have also kept skill changes separate from PvE and PvP like they did in GW1. I guess Anet learned nothing from their history. Oh well.
    That's just nonsense, it's still in the first weeks and they probably will. How many pages are we going to continue about the same stuff?

    Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

  16. #116
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Quite frankly, they should have canned Izzy long ago. And they should have also kept skill changes separate from PvE and PvP like they did in GW1. I guess Anet learned nothing from their history. Oh well.
    PvP specific ability versions didn't even come into GW1 for quite a while after release. I don't think I started seeing major amounts of PvP skill changes until well after Nightfall, and that's probably because of some of the indestructible builds that came out when they added more spells.

    Right now I'd say it's unnecessary.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    PvP specific ability versions didn't even come into GW1 for quite a while after release. I don't think I started seeing major amounts of PvP skill changes until well after Nightfall, and that's probably because of some of the indestructible builds that came out when they added more spells.

    Right now I'd say it's unnecessary.
    I do believe the sheer level of ignorance of above post actually eclipsed everything I've seen on this forum to date.


    Mod edit: Express your point of view without being rude or acting like a meanie. Not okay.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-11 at 05:48 AM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You don't know the situation between me and Kel. Kel likes to personally attack me and troll me. In fact, this isn't the first time Kel has went out of their way to do so (both in-game and on the forums). So instead of jumping all over my case, you should be telling Kel to back off. But like I said, you don't the situation. So you really can't comment on it.
    Not everyone knows what you two lovers shared in the past and I can assure you no one cares.
    He came in the forum, discredited your rant by quoting YOUR words without being too nasty on you.
    You answered like the raging teenager you are, and I have NO doubts on who the troll is between you two.

    Also, sorry to break it down to you, but to my eyes you are the quintessence of all that's bad about gaming online. Raging, spoiled, self entitled brats that are NEVER wrong and are always ready to go heavy on ANYONE that thinks differently than them.
    Like your friend above, I would have had NO hesitations myself about kicking you from my guild.
    You're the kind of person I listen to for a couple of days then (supported by all the rest of the guild) happily kick and ignore forever.

    And no, it's not about your contents, you might even be right, I don't care, I don't even play gw2, I'm here to get an idea.
    It's about the way you express yourself, the way you think, the way you're judging others, and the way you answer them.

    Learn something about living in a social environment, ONLY THEN you should be allowed to play mmo's.
    Till that day, stick with skyrim.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:19 AM ----------

    Also, if any mod could change the title as I came in looking for info and found none. "Useless rant about nerfs for my class" seems more appropriate.

  19. #119
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Skälby, Sweden
    Posts
    140
    Retaliation nerf... GIEF. Tired of these guardians... If you sacrifice that much of your offensive capabilities in order to be an indestructible bunker build or healer, you SHOULDN'T BY DESIGN be able to dish out damage just by having a boon on you with almost non-existent down-time.

  20. #120
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    I do believe the sheer level of ignorance of above post actually eclipsed everything I've seen on this forum to date.
    You one of these people who think that a powerful ability needs nerfing just because it has the potential to wreak havoc?

    Once there starts being OBVIOUSLY OP builds, such as the Earth Elementalist indestructable high damage build in GW1 that my friend used to run, they will start bring in the PvP variations.

    Right now, nothing stands out as the go to profession + build of the game, as many can be countered with builds dedicated to countering them.

    The very nature of the game means that if something is OP, you will know damn well that it's OP.

    Oh and if you have a problem with something I say, do explain why you disagree instead of throwing insults.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •