Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    No game time with MoP?

    So i just went to my game store and purchased a copy of MoP. I get home quite excited after hearing some good things about it. And after paying the 30 quid there's no friggin game time with it. WTF Blizz? Seriously? Is anyone else pissed about this? Or have they just bitten their tongue. When I pay 30 quid for a game I expect to be able to play it. I expect it to come with some damn game time because now, I have to trek back to the shop and pay a further 20 quid for some game time that SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

    Ok rant over. But isn't anyone else slightly peeved about this? I mean I'm pretty sure when Cata came I bought the game came home and just started playing. im 99% sure it came with 30 days of play time. I'm certain of this because I wasn't subbed to WoW when I bought Cata.

    Am I just missing something here?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    So i just went to my game store and purchased a copy of MoP. I get home quite excited after hearing some good things about it. And after paying the 30 quid there's no friggin game time with it. WTF Blizz? Seriously? Is anyone else pissed about this? Or have they just bitten their tongue. When I pay 30 quid for a game I expect to be able to play it. I expect it to come with some damn game time because now, I have to trek back to the shop and pay a further 20 quid for some game time that SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

    Ok rant over. But isn't anyone else slightly peeved about this? I mean I'm pretty sure when Cata came I bought the game came home and just started playing. im 99% sure it came with 30 days of play time. I'm certain of this because I wasn't subbed to WoW when I bought Cata.

    Am I just missing something here?
    Yes you are. Expansions never had game time with them.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  3. #3
    High Overlord Reaped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Graveyard
    Posts
    113
    only the original game come with a months free for me :P

    My Char - Signature made by Shyama

  4. #4
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    93
    I'm pretty sure there's never been free gametime when buying an expansion.

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaped View Post
    only the original game come with a months free for me :P
    Indeed, same here.

  6. #6
    you paid for the expansion, not game time. the $15 a month is for server access nothing else.

    also, this is how it's been since the beginning of WoW. you get a free month when you first buy the basic vanilla pack because that helps to "hook" people in. if you think about it the game itself is only $5 then you pay an extra $15 for the first month.

  7. #7
    Thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Guess I'll just get the game time. I was so sure though that it came with an expansion. I still feel a little cheated though. Because I've had to pay £50 now in one go but I was only expecting to pay £30. Just a little surprised is all. And needed to vent it.

    EDIT: Maybe just to turn this into a topic.

    Do you think that when buying a new expansion that it should come with some game time. Don't Blizzard already get enough money. It makes me wonder sometimes if people didn't just give in and pay. And even say what they feel, that Blizz would just themselves give in. Because ultimately the ones with the power are the ones that choose to pay. Which is us.
    Last edited by Greendog; 2012-10-08 at 11:05 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Thanks for clearing it up for me guys. Guess I'll just get the game time. I was so sure though that it came with an expansion. I still feel a little cheated though. Because I've had to pay £50 now in one go but I was only expecting to pay £30. Just a little surprised is all. And needed to vent it.

    EDIT: Maybe just to turn this into a topic.

    Do you think that when buying a new expansion that it should come with some game time. Don't Blizzard already get enough money. It makes me wonder sometimes if people didn't just give in and pay. And even say what they feel, that Blizz would just themselves give in. Because ultimately the ones with the power are the ones that choose to pay. Which is us.
    My wife and I were actually talking about this this morning. I think expansions should come with some game time, even if its not a full month. But in all reality it doesn't matter, I'll buy it regardless.

  9. #9
    The problem is that a lot of people are already committed via something like the annual pass, or paid up because they don't pay month by month. If the new xpac were going to come with a month extra, it would raise in cost to reflect that, and doubtless many people who were already subbed and paid or at least accounted for would feel they were being cheated there.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    So i just went to my game store and purchased a copy of MoP. I get home quite excited after hearing some good things about it. And after paying the 30 quid there's no friggin game time with it. WTF Blizz? Seriously? Is anyone else pissed about this? Or have they just bitten their tongue. When I pay 30 quid for a game I expect to be able to play it. I expect it to come with some damn game time because now, I have to trek back to the shop and pay a further 20 quid for some game time that SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

    Ok rant over. But isn't anyone else slightly peeved about this? I mean I'm pretty sure when Cata came I bought the game came home and just started playing. im 99% sure it came with 30 days of play time. I'm certain of this because I wasn't subbed to WoW when I bought Cata.

    Am I just missing something here?
    Because you say so, right?

    Also, chinese gametime sellers. /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW is like a bad fanfic that takes years to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    Next expansion Thrall makes a baby with Nozdormu which can travel back in time and is a Mage/Shaman/Priest hybrid and gets kidnapped by Kael'thas who got ressurected by a horse using Nefarian's lightning machine.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Because you say so, right?
    Nah, but don't you think that it should? You'd think that with all the money that Blizz make that there would just be a little game time with a new expansion. Think of all the players that haven't played WoW for a while, but like the look of MoP. So they buy it but need to buy the game time as well. It may seem trivial to you but to me i just payed £30 for a game. Got home, found out. And now I'm obligated to go and spend another £20 because i can't play the game.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster moremana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,287
    Um GW2 cost double that, so.....with a 30 day sub and game cost your right in line.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeam View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's never been free gametime when buying an expansion.
    This is true, but I do agree that it's a bit strange that the expansions don't come with at least a couple of weeks gametime. *shrug* Use a creditcard next time instead of buying prepaid in a store.

  14. #14
    I think it should come with a month of game time.

    Gamers are the least resilient customers on the market and tend to throw their money at anything for almost any price. Game companies abuse that a bit too much...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    So i just went to my game store and purchased a copy of MoP. I get home quite excited after hearing some good things about it. And after paying the 30 quid there's no friggin game time with it. WTF Blizz? Seriously? Is anyone else pissed about this? Or have they just bitten their tongue. When I pay 30 quid for a game I expect to be able to play it. I expect it to come with some damn game time because now, I have to trek back to the shop and pay a further 20 quid for some game time that SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

    Ok rant over. But isn't anyone else slightly peeved about this? I mean I'm pretty sure when Cata came I bought the game came home and just started playing. im 99% sure it came with 30 days of play time. I'm certain of this because I wasn't subbed to WoW when I bought Cata.

    Am I just missing something here?
    No expansion had game time.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    My wife and I were actually talking about this this morning. I think expansions should come with some game time, even if its not a full month. But in all reality it doesn't matter, I'll buy it regardless.
    They give you 7 free days with each new patch...
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They give you 7 free days with each new patch...
    No they don't.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  18. #18
    My friend emailed Blizzard and asked if he could get a free week when MoP came out, they gave it to him, and he's done that in the past. As I understand it, they're usually not shy about giving out 7 days free.


    But the game time and the game itself are separate entities. You bought the game, not access to the servers. Personally, I think the idea of monthly subscription fees is antiquated and needs to be done away with. But at the same time, they aren't obligated to give you free time when you buy the game. I mean, on the box, it says, "additional online fees apply."

  19. #19
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    So i just went to my game store and purchased a copy of MoP. I get home quite excited after hearing some good things about it. And after paying the 30 quid there's no friggin game time with it. WTF Blizz? Seriously? Is anyone else pissed about this? Or have they just bitten their tongue. When I pay 30 quid for a game I expect to be able to play it. I expect it to come with some damn game time because now, I have to trek back to the shop and pay a further 20 quid for some game time that SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED WITH THE DAMN GAME!!!!!

    Ok rant over. But isn't anyone else slightly peeved about this? I mean I'm pretty sure when Cata came I bought the game came home and just started playing. im 99% sure it came with 30 days of play time. I'm certain of this because I wasn't subbed to WoW when I bought Cata.

    Am I just missing something here?
    No you're not. While there was never free game time with any of the expansions, at least not to my knowledge, I couldn't agree more. The price of every xpac was X+15$, in case of MoP it's x+15$ x 2, cos the content is gated so you have to pay for at least two months to be able to experience what you have actually paid for already - if there was a Nobel prize for cheeky marketing strategies, they would surely deserve one.

    On the bright side, judging by steadily but surely decreasing audience, more and more people are fed up with the company's attitude: milk the West for as much as you can, while supporting your share value by bloated numbers from the East, that barely pays for anything at all. All that = happy investors.

    WoW is a good game, even now, after so many years, it's highly playable. However, as someone on the official US forums accurately pointed out, you can't piss on your customers and continuously tell them that it's raining. There will come a time when majority of players will say STOP. Some have already voted with their wallets - here's me, hoping that will actually positively affect ActiBlizz's attitude.
    Last edited by mag07; 2012-10-08 at 12:08 PM.

  20. #20
    The Patient Daleness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    anywhere you're not
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    No you're not. While there was never free game time with any of the expansions, at least not to my knowledge, I couldn't agree more. The price of every xpac was X+15$, in case of MoP it's x+15$ x 2, cos the content is gated so you have to pay for at least two months to be able to experience what you have actually paid for already - if there was a Nobel prize for cheeky marketing strategies, they would surely deserve one.

    On the bright side, judging by steadily but surely decreasing audience, more and more people are fed up with the company's attitude: milk the West for as much as you can, while supporting your share value by bloated numbers from the East, that barely pays for anything at all. All that = happy investors.

    WoW is a good game, even now, after so many years, it's highly playable. However, as someone on the official US forums accurately pointed out, you can't piss on your customers and continuously tell them that it's raining. There will come a time when majority of players will say STOP. Some have already voted with their wallets - here's me, hoping that will actually positively affect ActiBlizz's attitude.
    Gotta love this attitude..
    Woho! post count +1!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •